Bubba Kush Katsu Cut Experiment 8000 watts

• Thread starter swisscheese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

swisscheese

Buba Kush in coco beds with hempy style side drains!

I'm running a sealed room with temps 75* to 80* F and humidity 50% to 55%. The CO2 is fluctuating between 1250ppm to 1500ppm on fuzzy logic. 3 ton Ideal Air mini split, the 13 seer heat pump model, lots of wall fans Active Air and Grow Bright. 8 Big Kahuna hoods that are not being air cooled with Plantmax bulbs. I got the bulbs for a steal and want to see the difference compared to Sunmaster. All 1000w HPS. Grow Bright switchable ballasts I've had forever but had to warranty 2 out the other day due to bad ignitors. My electronics include a Sentinel CHHC 4 to control the CO2 and atmosphere, a HPH 8, and MDT 1 to control the lights. I also had to warranty out my HPH 8 and it was less than a year old but was no big issue.

Any questions feel free to fire away!

Pics within the week and I will include a pic from a past garden just to hold everyone over.

Bubba kush katsu cut experiment 8000 watts
S

swisscheese

What's that Katsu cut taste like bro?

The Katsu Cut of Bubba has a very complex flavor to say the least. It changes depending on environment and how many days you harvest it at. To me my palette picks up sweet, hashy, espresso, chocolate and kush with a hint of sour at times. It isn't the strongest ever and is a very low yielding plant but I know how to treat my girls. ;)

S

swisscheese

very nice setup swiss, what strain is in the pic u posted. peace

Rollon in the pic I posted the strain is a Sour Diesel S1 I got from a good friend here. I am waiting to get a cut back she yielded like a mofo and in the pic she was at 8 weeks max maybe closer to 7. Very tasty and my patients really enjoyed it. Not the first time I've lost a good strain though I could go on and on LMAO.

S

swisscheese

Ok I have to say my girls are blowing into flower full steam ahead the CO2 is really making a difference in how fast they transition to flower. They were starving when I fed them today and looking to be potassium deficient as well so next watering I will have to hit them with a big pk boost. Don't beat me up too much as I'm sensitive and this is a low maintenance grow on my part which is why I put in the Hempy style side drains.
I upped the CO2 on my CHHC 4 to 1500 ppm on fuzzy logic mode the last time I was there about 5 days ago and at that point they were lush green. And to any picky people I know the 10/2 should not be ran on a wall like that.
All the bubba's are tied down and topped multiple times for the most part to 2' bamboo stakes with some wire I had laying around. When I get some more free time I have more things I want to add but for now roll out and smoke on.

S

swisscheese

4'x8'x10" deep with about 2.5" of hydroton/perlite at the bottoms of the beds like a hempy bucket.

S

swisscheese

And all the media is recycled just because I heard coco gets better with age but also I try to not be wasteful.

S

swisscheese

Tried a new product today Stop Stretch that is chlormequat chloride based and is supposed to stop stretch and increase bud set. I am geeked and I believe it's safe too. Obviously I didn't need it to stop the stretch on the Bubba's but I figured hey why not who doesn't want more chronic buds! I will have this journal whipped back into shape in no time I was slacking.

Luna

Luna

Man I love Bubba Kush, and from what ive read the KAtsu Cut is better then the pre-98 but yeilds a little less.

S

swisscheese

Man I love Bubba Kush, and from what ive read the KAtsu Cut is better then the pre-98 but yeilds a little less.

That's what I was told when I got it too but lately everyone is saying the Katsu yields more especially over on the mag. I guess I would have to do a side by side to really see what's up but I'm pretty sure Katsu himself said it was selected for smell, flavor, and overall euphoric effects not yield. Don't quote me but I also thought he said it would be the smallest yielding plant in most people's gardens. I've seen a lot of cuts of pre 98 that are pretty good but the Katsu gets the purple and is my favorite strain to date. I flushed yesterday with water and booster ph'ed to 5.6 as my runoff was a little high and will be taking more pics at the end of the week. Thanks for stopping by Luna.

S

swisscheese

Snapped a few pics last night real quick to sneak in an update. Bubba is a happy camper except for the biggest tops which are a little mad at me and seem to be a little too close to the lights with this random heat wave I've been having. For being just shy of a month in now Bubba is 2 weeks ahead of where she normally would be and is chunking out like crazy. My pics don't do her justice but I will make some time to take better ones. Any input on the light yellowing is appreciated but I believe it's heat stress and too much light considering I just did a mini flush the other day. I've been feeding between 1.4 to 1.6 EC and bumped my Co2 back up to 1500. Humidity has been steady at 52% to 58% but my temps snuck up to 85 almost 88 a few times but I have tons of air movement and no worries.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Looking good swisscheese! One of my Wolverines was Very Bubba dom and tasted sooooo good. I like that Katsu! Just delicious!;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom