• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice..
Wondering I am covering with just panda plastic cover 7pm, uncover 8am..
A few leaks, but only during twilight hours
35 days in seems fine. its pitch dark most of the time
Is 12 hour total dark really necessary as in nature the moon and start do provide some light at night.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Nice..
Wondering I am covering with just panda plastic cover 7pm, uncover 8am..
A few leaks, but only during twilight hours
35 days in seems fine. its pitch dark most of the time
Is 12 hour total dark really necessary as in nature the moon and start do provide some light at night.
My personal belief is that you need more stress than just minor light leaks to get a herm situation, unless the genetics are fucked in the strain you are running.... but that's just my opinion and you know what opinions are like right?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My personal belief is that you need more stress than just minor light leaks to get a herm situation, unless the genetics are fucked in the strain you are running.... but that's just my opinion and you know what opinions are like right?
Truth
Thanks never had a problem with herms ever..
not rocket science either....

Twistup

Twistup

Bc is where u gotta go. One minute u are in a jungle and in 30 min at 100kph u are in the desert. !! I'm building 4 3000 square foot greenhouses for next summer. Super excited. Done indoor large scale for a few years. I wanna learn what the Suns all about!!!
I've been to Alberta province a fair amount.... Calgary and Edmonton mostly.... those winters are brutal man.... I think I'll hang here in CO but thanks for the invite

homebrew420

homebrew420

@BubbaG looking good man. hope everything is working well for you...looking as though it is.

Peace

BubbaG

BubbaG

Bc is where u gotta go. One minute u are in a jungle and in 30 min at 100kph u are in the desert. !! I'm building 4 3000 square foot greenhouses for next summer. Super excited. Done indoor large scale for a few years. I wanna learn what the Suns all about!!!
Want a quote for light dep system for those acre greenhouses? Just kidding. If you're doing light dep I hope you consider buying with high enough sidewalls as the light dep system sucks up 2-3' of headroom if you hang lights inside the curtains.... and you will need supplemental light in BC if you are going year around.

BubbaG

BubbaG

@BubbaG looking good man. hope everything is working well for you...looking as though it is.

Peace

Thanks bro, doing ok. I had a catastrophe late last year though.... greenhouse burned.... at least as much as a metal building can burn. In a freak deal, I had a GE dehumidifier going and it shit the bed somehow and caught on fire... no plants in the GH... fire department came and the whole deal. Fire chief asked me what I was growing as he was looking in the GH and seeing my lights hanging and the curtain clockwork.. he might have been an ok dude, but I was not in a mood to be fucked with so I told him "anything I want" - he didn't like that answer and a cop showed up shortly thereafter. Cop asked if he could come on premise, nice guy, like I said, no plants were in the GH, I had just harvested. So I didn't ask for a warrant or anything, just showed him around. He told me I was under suspicion of growing marijuana in the greenhouse... I shrugged and said I don't see any marijuana - he smiled. He was cool and left after walking by my shed which had (9) 25 gallon pots with the stumps still in them and misc leaves scattered about lol. Never heard a peep out of the city...

I rebuilt the greenhouse... better than it was before. This time, the double wall poly panels are frosted so you can't see in.... last go the panels were clear. Also, I tore out that spaghetti of flexible conduit running between the breaker box and control panel that I installed.. looked like shit anyways. None of my controls were damaged in the fire nor my curtain motor, lights even made it through.... They are grey instead of white but they work fine.

Dehumidifier

Rebuilt with forever flower breathable wall

12" carbon filter and ducting - can exhaust or recirc - on controller

Rebuilt control center

Fruits - Gil's Nilz maybe 3-4 weeks in or so

Blaze

Blaze

Thanks bro, doing ok. I had a catastrophe late last year though.... greenhouse burned.... at least as much as a metal building can burn. In a freak deal, I had a GE dehumidifier going and it shit the bed somehow and caught on fire... no plants in the GH... fire department came and the whole deal. Fire chief asked me what I was growing as he was looking in the GH and seeing my lights hanging and the curtain clockwork.. he might have been an ok dude, but I was not in a mood to be fucked with so I told him "anything I want" - he didn't like that answer and a cop showed up shortly thereafter. Cop asked if he could come on premise, nice guy, like I said, no plants were in the GH, I had just harvested. So I didn't ask for a warrant or anything, just showed him around. He told me I was under suspicion of growing marijuana in the greenhouse... I shrugged and said I don't see any marijuana - he smiled. He was cool and left after walking by my shed which had (9) 25 gallon pots with the stumps still in them and misc leaves scattered about lol. Never heard a peep out of the city...

I rebuilt the greenhouse... better than it was before. This time, the double wall poly panels are frosted so you can't see in.... last go the panels were clear. Also, I tore out that spaghetti of flexible conduit running between the breaker box and control panel that I installed.. looked like shit anyways. None of my controls were damaged in the fire nor my curtain motor, lights even made it through.... They are grey instead of white but they work fine.

Dehumidifier
View attachment 606617 View attachment 606618

Rebuilt with forever flower breathable wall
View attachment 606619

12" carbon filter and ducting - can exhaust or recirc - on controller
View attachment 606620

Rebuilt control center
View attachment 606621

Fruits - Gil's Nilz maybe 3-4 weeks in or so
View attachment 606622 View attachment 606623

Holy crap that is terrifying I have never heard of a dehuey catching fire like that. I've been thinking some sort of fire alarm might be a good idea in the GH we are building, after seeing this we are definitely installing something.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
'Twas merely a flesh wound.

Barely a hiccup by the looks of things!

Twistup

Twistup

Want a quote for light dep system for those acre greenhouses? Just kidding. If you're doing light dep I hope you consider buying with high enough sidewalls as the light dep system sucks up 2-3' of headroom if you hang lights inside the curtains.... and you will need supplemental light in BC if you are going year around.
i was thinking of manual for the first season. And not all year round. From April to October.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Cool. I misread you post. I thought you were saying a 43000 sqft GH which would be roughly an acre. For the 3k sqft Farmtek sells a manual system for hauling the blackout cloth over the top of the GH

BubbaG

BubbaG

Cool shot from the netcam after curtains closed. Blumats are dialed in, left them for a few days this week with no one looking in. Holding temps under 90 mostly... Gilz Nilz in the 45g pots look to yield well and with no supplemental lighting... interested to see cannabinoid test too as very frosty... can easily discern fat trichome heads on sugar leaves with naked eye. And the aroma is settling into a sweet pine fragrance

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Cool shot from the netcam after curtains closed. Blumats are dialed in, left them for a few days this week with no one looking in. Holding temps under 90 mostly... Gilz Nilz in the 45g pots look to yield well and with no supplemental lighting... interested to see cannabinoid test too as very frosty... can easily discern fat trichome heads on sugar leaves with naked eye. And the aroma is settling into a sweet pine fragranceView attachment 609734
Looks good bubba, I have a couple to gillz nillz phenos. One pops Easter eggs out the top but is a beast! The other is not as big but a really nice creamy pine with supurb bag apeal.

Jus Naturale

Jus Naturale

Wow, buddy! Sounds like a hell of a time last season. I'd been wondering how all turned out in the greenhouse, but never anticipated that kind of fire! ;)

Cheers, man, good seeing you on!

BubbaG

BubbaG

Got that first crop brought in a week or so early (zero herms btw) so I can take advantage of some bigguns that has outgrown a buddy's space.... they're 7-8' trees now in veg lol... will have them in flower in a couple weeks :) expecting some of them to be 10' plants after stretch... and they will be harvested by late September.

I'm going to have to switch to air conditioning rather than evaprative cooling as I suspected from the start. I have (2) evap coolers going with around 6500 cfm of capacity but it can barely hold the temp under 90deg.... I want that temp at 74-76 max with as little fluctuation as possible. I plan to add a big AC to make this so

Now for the big question.... how big does the AC unit have to be? My GH is 12x14x12h with about 816 sqft of surface area. The double wall poly panels have a u-factor of .58.... I can expect temperatures just outside the greenhouse to get to 110degF worst case... I thought about calculating heat flux which gives you BTU input per hour form radiant temp.... but what I don't know is the heat added by solar radiation passing through the panels or how to figure it... The poly panels transmit 60% of the available sunlight...

Anybody ever done something like this?

Here's all the variables... just don't know the formula.... anybody feel like geekin out me a solution???

Top Bottom