Bubba's House - Light Dep, Climate Controlled, Blumats

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stonestacker

stonestacker

yah square and plum foundation always makes the rest go together so much easier.
Nice job.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

Very nice! Who did you order from?

I have one 30x48x18 greenhouse and I am about to order another 8x50x12. First I got from Envirotech, and the second I am getting from Fartech. Hope you didn't go with Envirotech.......
Shit I went with envirotech. What's up with them?

BubbaG

BubbaG

This is my busy season with my day job so the construction has been languishing. Hope to have the trusses, cable x bracing and roof supports complete this weekend and will start hanging skin next week.

Don't know about enviro tech but if you follow what I did, be sure to ask for roof trusses at the end walls or you just get a flimsy top chord....

BubbaG

BubbaG

Here's a pic of the truss you want. They include these trusses for interior columns, but the end walls don't get them... not a biggie if you're building a gh with several bays, but for just a one bay (like mine)design, which in fairness I didn't pay the 2K for stamped drawings, you need more beef in the structure, especially if you go with 14' sidewalls

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Get that sativa shack rocking! I'll have some Vietnamese black for you to grow to the heavens as soon as you do!

BubbaG

BubbaG

Hell yes my man. My head room should end up being 12' underneath the light dep system ... don't really want to be fishing the colas out of the monofilament shade wire stuff though... how tall do you think she'd get in A 45g air pot?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
That all depends on veg time. I'd expect a couple pounds from that size though,

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Still grinding it out - got trusses fabbed, painted (couldn't find galvanized on the shelf) and installed. 7 structural pieces left then girts, then skin.... I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
View attachment 507894
Damn you must have some cool neighbors! Looks fun!

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

looking nice....i wish i could have a greenhouse...my dream would be to have a greenhouse with supplemental lighting and light dep...

420circuit

420circuit

Let me guess, the state said you can only grow 6 plants so you decided to grow 10 pound trees? :D

Instead of a traditional greenhouse with rows and shelves you could build an oasis with a water feature in the middle, sort of a hippy style hang out.
Pond

BubbaG

BubbaG

Dude, I like that idea. I do plan to be spending a lot of time in there - good for my mental health :)

It doesn't look like much progress from the last shot, but it's another good 5-6 hours worth of fab & install. The (3) intermediate columns are going in tomorrow rain or shine.... then all that's left is the ridge beam and 2 lateral supports at the roof..... ridge is the last hurdle, I'm going to try to do it without a man lift. Once the purlins are framed in on the structure, should be able to use extension ladders and actually crawl up into my trusses to do the connecting..... I build sturdy

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Haha... I don't know my neighbors - didn't ask them what they think... I bought a house w/ no HOA on purpose and what I am doing is within code and doesn't require a permit
I like your style!

COGrower8

COGrower8

nice brother can't wait to follow it....im also doin a lil greenhouse/outdoor gig here in the front range, itll be cool to follow and see how they both turn out

BubbaG

BubbaG

No workin on the greenhouse this morning.... bunch of fucking snow out there. Check this fool out - I saw him on my way back from my shop to pick up big ext ladders for the ridge beam.

I decided to go ahead and get a controller for the shack.

Top Bottom