Bubba's House - Light Dep, Climate Controlled, Blumats

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BubbaG

BubbaG

Light shade system is unloaded with no damage believe it or not.... there's a lot of fuckin pieces.... boxes and boxes of bolts and stuff that goes clank

I hope the neighbors appreciate this investment

420circuit

420circuit

Looks like the trailer for "Summer of the Yeti".

That plant looks like it will be enormous at finish, all you gotta do is keep it alive.:D

COGrower8

COGrower8

Every day I drive through town I keep an eye out for your massive ghouse lol.....pretty sure were close lol all your neighbors and scenery look like my neighbors and scenery ;)

Greenhouse looks beautiful man the work you put in is awesome.....much respect and happy farming

Those things are gonna be MONSTERS:D

BubbaG

BubbaG

believe it or not, my greenhouse is only visible from two backyards.... you ain't likely to spot it bro :) even though I'm only 1/4 mile from downtown hehe - thank you for the kind words.

Yeti OG likes it out there, she cruised through 6' yesterday.

Gotta get her in a big pot...

BubbaG

BubbaG

And Bubba said "Let there be light"..... and there was light... and it was fucking good yo

Yeah I'm an awful blasphemer - sorry to the faithful.

I had an offending scrub oak.... well 1/2 if one anyways. Love chainsaws. Gives me another 2-3 hours of direct sun.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Here's a funny shot. Was installing light dep clockwork and took this from about 12' up. Girls are lovin it in there.... looks like a green pacman eating my camping chair.

Traded emails with the blackout system designer and I feel I have a solid design now - I ended up re-designing the system significantly, but they provided very good advice and on an expedited basis, so no bitches from me - this is a one-of-a-kind deal after all....

So I was able to eliminate the roll up curtain motor on the West facing wall and instead I plan to drive it with the same motor that drives the overhead and sidewall curtains by using a few more pulleys. Not a huge deal but it would save a future project mebbe 10% of cost.....

Btw I've enjoyed working with Farmtek and Clearspan on this deal - nice guys over there.... I think I'm their pet project as they really only do commercial stuff...

You all think there's a market for these little Cadillac greenhouses? They ain't cheap but it's less than a new truck... I could show an ROI but I can't see that ever being a deciding factor for something like this - wasn't for me but maybe I'm nutz

BubbaG

BubbaG

Back from my travels finally. Installed the motor and drive shaft mounts and rigged in the motor/gearbox.... heavy mofo

Then I had the distinct pleasure of removing that heavy fucker and repositioning it so I have enough driveshaft on the short side to install the cable drums.... tired lol - thank goodness for com-a-longs

BubbaG

BubbaG

Ok, thanks to help from some very good friends, I have the overhead curtain staged in position. Had to have help with that part - curtain is 13x36.... My goal is to have it installed this weekend .... lot of detail stuff to do yet.... if you zoom in you can see the monofilament support wires.

Yeti blew through 8' while I was out of town ... she's flowering now, wonder how much taller gulp

BubbaG

BubbaG

Let there be dark... got the overhead curtain about 50% sorted out. Haven't started on the West wall drop down curtain yet... I was able to make a list of tasks to finish the greenhouse, only spans 3 post it notes, not bad. I still have to install the drive shaft and the 7 drive cables that makes the clockwork tick

BubbaG

BubbaG

Hope not... but the Yeti is pushing 9' now, I have another 3' of headroom. However, she is budding so I'm hoping most of the stretch is from that and that she's about done. Once I get the light dep complete and can spread them back out maybe I can do some bondage on her if she gets too big for her britches.

BubbaG

BubbaG

First drive cable installed kinda... May have to relocate the drive train out to the middle as I'm way outside this pulleys comfort zone... never a bosuns mate around when you need one - he/she woulda seen this coming lol... Sumbitch

BubbaG

BubbaG

Sorry for long post - buddy gave me some live resin that is actually making me high, must be fucking strong....

I've had another epiphany I think, maybe you all will disabuse me of that notion though. I've been wrestling with how to support the colas... The stems are nice and thick, but I think the buds will be epic.... I was going to build tomato cages around them with rebar and 9 wire, but instead I will string monofilament wires side to side between the drive shaft support beams I installed 2" below the curtain level, then hang a mess of them spring hanger thingies from the mono... It'll look like marijuana marionettes.... the bubba box gets even more dr seusish lol but at least I won't impale myself falling stoned from the ladder... could end up hanging myself though I guess haha
Here's the framework below the light dep, should work nice

Also plan to use those structural pieces, which are inside the blackout surface, to hang my supplemental lighting..... yep I said it. Winter crops are going to get ~25w/sqft of ceramic metal halide goodness before and after the sun goes down in order to get in a full, bright 12 hours of growth.

I can see light at the end of the tunnel hehe.... ummm

this fucker has had me intimidated until today, just so many details.... but I finally understand the cable drive system fully now, which is cause for much joy as it's taken me getting my hands on it to visualize it - I ain't no rigger.

Started installing the end wall light trap - that's a cool design too. And I've compromised with the overall design and will temporarily blackout the West wall up to the rafter chord at least for this crop - gotta get on the stick with flowering if I'm going to harvest in September.

I'm keeping the curtains for the W wall and it should be a straightforward project to fashion a drop down blackout curtain during a future upgrade.

Dam, that's good hash

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I wrap my plants with it. I will try to post up a picture if I ever get around to taking them.

I grow in beds, so I just screw a t-post into the corners of my beds. Sometimes I add another layer of height with whatever I can stub up, like bamboo. This makes each post 10+ feet high, in all corners on my bed. Then I take the netting and wrap around the t-posts. I make sure to attach the top of the netting to the top of the pole, leaving room for watering the plant at the base of the plant. If your netting goes all the way to the pot, it makes top dressing and watering a pain in the booty. Most of the support is needed up top anyway.

Like I said, I will try to snap a picture today for you, I will have the camera out anyway due to my construction project.

BubbaG

BubbaG

I wrap my plants with it. I will try to post up a picture if I ever get around to taking them.

I grow in beds, so I just screw a t-post into the corners of my beds. Sometimes I add another layer of height with whatever I can stub up, like bamboo. This makes each post 10+ feet high, in all corners on my bed. Then I take the netting and wrap around the t-posts. I make sure to attach the top of the netting to the top of the pole, leaving room for watering the plant at the base of the plant. If your netting goes all the way to the pot, it makes top dressing and watering a pain in the booty. Most of the support is needed up top anyway.

Like I said, I will try to snap a picture today for you, I will have the camera out anyway due to my construction project.
Thanks very much bro, just ordered some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom