Bubblegun

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

Well, I was just learning about Auto Flowering Strains and was so used to flipping them I did it out of habit.. then reading some info on here I realized the mistake and switched it to 18/6 and on nice cool days even leave it on longer to 20/4 like Seraphim and others have recommended.. today they hit day #42 and are starting to put weight on.. and it looks like the seeding did take so I'll have to run them long enough to allow them to turn dark and finish.. worked out pretty good taking the male out of their before to many pistols formed on the ladies, should finish with 50-100 seeds and no more.. just enough to save this wonderful cross...

IMG 0042
IMG 0055
IMG 0061
IMG 0068
IMG 0069
StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff

Great structures and growth Quagmire. How is the aroma on those fast flowering girls?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Mostly sweet with skunky on one of the taller girls.. Very nice size for Auto's and should pull 2 oz each maybe when done if lucky.. made a few errors so next run things will get better I imagine.. have some NYCD F2 Auto's and others I may give a go next..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Took a few better shots with the lights off.. much better. Your so right too, the structure of all 3 ladies is so similar and aroma not to over powering so easy to grow indoor without to much odor control needed as of yet. Starting to load up the glitter now which is how my old AK47 did it too.. puts on quite the show in the end..

IMG 0047
IMG 0050
IMG 0051
IMG 0052
IMG 0056
IMG 0055
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
very nice - thx for sharing this - they look great!

do the seeds form faster on autos - seems almost like they would have to

Quagmire

Quagmire

very nice - thx for sharing this - they look great!

do the seeds form faster on autos - seems almost like they would have to

No problem sharing, learning about Auto's myself.. my research shows seeds take 6wks to form proper.. so if you just pollinate all natural then the male will start dropping pollen pretty quick.. my guess on these was about day #20.. add 6wks to that and you have 62 days or there about, most auto's even though they may say 60 days should be pushed to around 70 to get best production out of them from what I can read.. these seeds right now are formed and dark green meaning they are right on schedule to be harvested around day #70 and should be quite viable.. which is great, because for my very 1st Auto Flowering strain I am in love with this one already.. Bubblegun is a real winner in my book...

Quagmire

Quagmire

Looking tight @Quagmire ,how many days start to finish on these?

The Sour60 side is supposed to be 60 days but I think the AK47 mixed into it is causing it to be about 70 days start to finish.. now this is from the day it pushes up thru the soil to chop... 70 days. Not bad if I can pull a good solid OZ+ from each one, then I know next time running lights longer I can squeeze a bit more out of her. Although right now, not sure what next run is gonna be.. leaning towards pure Bogglegum F3's ... even though not an auto, these F3's have been chosen using very fast finishing phenol types and the friend says 40-44 days.. nice

Quagmire

Quagmire

Last night they all 3 got a 6gal flush, boy can these girls drink up some fluids.. can almost water daily right now as the buds are forming.. and, well while doing a bit of trimming the lower leafy stuff and tucking large fan leaf's out of the way of budsites, I did a quick visual seed count. and WOW. Should have a couple hundred. Matter factly, some are already pushing their way out of their little sticky homes and showing black seeds.. not gonna mess with them tho, so hopefully if I don't bump them around I won't lose any seeds to the soil below. I'd like to give them their 6wks they need to form properly.. no premie's here.. lol.

IMG 0055
IMG 0060
IMG 0046
IMG 0082
IMG 0089
north knect

north knect

Last night they all 3 got a 6gal flush, boy can these girls drink up some fluids.. can almost water daily right now as the buds are forming.. and, well while doing a bit of trimming the lower leafy stuff and tucking large fan leaf's out of the way of budsites, I did a quick visual seed count. and WOW. Should have a couple hundred. Matter factly, some are already pushing their way out of their little sticky homes and showing black seeds.. not gonna mess with them tho, so hopefully if I don't bump them around I won't lose any seeds to the soil below. I'd like to give them their 6wks they need to form properly.. no premie's here.. lol.
Good stuff man..that many seeds would make me a happy camper lol :D

S

Seraphim19

Hey @Quagmire

I came back for a catch up and your girls look great!

You are correct that seeds take around 6 weeks to become fully mature. Don't worry if the plant doesn't seem like it will have time to finish the seeds. They have a natural survival mechanism that extends their lifecycle(max 2-3 weeks) if they are producing seeds, so the seeds may be immature when the bud is ready. If this happens just harvest what you can and leave the seeded buds to continue.

If you haven't done it already it is well worth harvesting some of the pollen from the male, then next time you can just dip a paintbrush in it and pollinate a single branch. that way it makes it easier to harvest bud and allow the seed to continue.

Also if you would like info on how to make feminised seeds I can give you a guide to making your own colloidal silver generator( costs around $15 ), and instructions for how to use it.

north knect

north knect

Hey @Quagmire

I came back for a catch up and your girls look great!

You are correct that seeds take around 6 weeks to become fully mature. Don't worry if the plant doesn't seem like it will have time to finish the seeds. They have a natural survival mechanism that extends their lifecycle(max 2-3 weeks) if they are producing seeds, so the seeds may be immature when the bud is ready. If this happens just harvest what you can and leave the seeded buds to continue.

If you haven't done it already it is well worth harvesting some of the pollen from the male, then next time you can just dip a paintbrush in it and pollinate a single branch. that way it makes it easier to harvest bud and allow the seed to continue.

Also if you would like info on how to make feminised seeds I can give you a guide to making your own colloidal silver generator( costs around $15 ), and instructions for how to use it.
Making my own colloidal silver would be somthing I'd be very much interested in myself..if your willing to share :rolleyes:

Reactions: Goz
S

Seraphim19

@north knect

No problem, I will post a full guide on colloidal silver production and usage tomorrow for you. I will put it in the autoflower section so it will be easy to find.

north knect

north knect

@north knect

No problem, I will post a full guide on colloidal silver production and usage tomorrow for you. I will put it in the autoflower section so it will be easy to find.
Awesome..glad we have people like u here at the farm..I'm running my first autos so expect some questions soon lol

Quagmire

Quagmire

Awesome..glad we have people like u here at the farm..I'm running my first autos so expect some questions soon lol

Hey NK.. this is also my very 1st Auto run.. always stayed away from them because all the negative conversations about them and research showed the early ones were designed to be stealthy balcony plants of small proportions.. even the name dwarf used in the early Lowryder crosses was a turn off.. lol.
when I returned after a 4yr break I researched them again and seen just how many big name seed companies had now started them and kept referring to them as the Next Generation of Auto's, size being really improved along with strength and I thought... now it's time. hehe.

I traded for a pack of AK47 x Sour60, after finding out S60 was BOG's Sour Bubble, which I've always wanted to try, I was really jazzed. So, what is the strain your doing your 1st grow with NK..? I was thinking of checking out Seraphim's stuff. Anyone who's invested the time he has in learning AF plants has got to of developed some dankness eh? good luck with yours.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks for the advice on the seed production.. one of the questions I've been asked is, Do AF strains produce seed stock faster then regulars, so your recent response was spot on.. lol. Funny you mention harvesting pollen and painting buds.. a technique I learned years ago when I pollenated an entire closet, lost a bunch of smoke to a strain I created called Wardawg, my 1st real cross.. AK47 mom x male (Chemdog D mom x (Blue Moonshine/Purple Wreck male). She is now being worked in Canada crossing Lemon Thai into her and then stabilize her back crossing.. fun project. he has the room to do better selections though. After that I read more, loved the hand painting of selective buds and controlled seedings.. 50-100 is perfect for me..
As I grow batches of this Bubblegun, I'll keep looking at males until I see one that just screams, collect from me, I'm already greasy.. LOL.. with the very slight variation in the 3 ladies I got, I'll keep the seeds all separate and wait to see who has the punch.. should be the perfect strain to use as a base eh? small scale but fun all the same..

north knect

north knect

Hey NK.. this is also my very 1st Auto run.. always stayed away from them because all the negative conversations about them and research showed the early ones were designed to be stealthy balcony plants of small proportions.. even the name dwarf used in the early Lowryder crosses was a turn off.. lol.
when I returned after a 4yr break I researched them again and seen just how many big name seed companies had now started them and kept referring to them as the Next Generation of Auto's, size being really improved along with strength and I thought... now it's time. hehe.

I traded for a pack of AK47 x Sour60, after finding out S60 was BOG's Sour Bubble, which I've always wanted to try, I was really jazzed. So, what is the strain your doing your 1st grow with NK..? I was thinking of checking out Seraphim's stuff. Anyone who's invested the time he has in learning AF plants has got to of developed some dankness eh? good luck with yours.

I'm running purple kush auto fem by crop king seeds..I got a grow diary if ya wanna check it out called purple kush journey in the auto flowering grow logs..seems to be having an issue I think it's a Ca- not entirely sure..do autos usually hog the Ca? Haven't added any aside from wats in the 3 part GH I'm using

Quagmire

Quagmire

I don't think it really has anything to do with Autos but the strain itself.. some just need a bunch and why I used to keep Calmag+ on hand.. the organic line I'm running addresses this issue ahead of time so hopefully I won't have any worries.. so far so good. Checked out your grow log and your plant has some nice structure to her.. your slower growth could just be the fact your running CFL lighting and it's just a difference in lumen output.. you'd be better off running a 250w hps light really.. I've been there my friend and trust me, it's hard to watch others produce such nice large colas by comparison.. but, that'd be like me comparing mine to a person running 1000w.. so for what your running it looks great ok.. cheers

north knect

north knect

Ya I got mars led on the way..had a 250 few years back and shoulda kept the same thing lol

Quagmire

Quagmire

Ya I got mars led on the way..had a 250 few years back and shoulda kept the same thing lol

I've not tried LED lighting yet, but I am watching Seraphim19 close to see how his turn out. My last light was a 600w cool tube setup and figured I was done doing this forever, then wife got sick and shits to $$ to purchase around here monthly.. gave away all my stuff from a Vortex 449cfm inline fan with speed control to my cool tube setup and 600w digital ballast.. all in all about 750.00 worth of stuff to 4 diff brothers in need.. but, brings ya good karma helping others out and it has.. started with 8 seeds and have been gifted over 200 already from old friends who wanted to help me get restarted.. I went with a 400w hps because I got a kit including soil, organic line of food, timer, remote temp, 80cfm inline fan... 300.00 new.
summer I'll have to add a fresh air fan forcing a/c in...

Top Bottom