Bubblegun

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

Well, just a quick update.. Like I've stated earlier in this thread, I'm very new to AF and have been doing a little bit of my own experimenting. I did find out you don't want to mess with the AF growth patterns in anyway.. I took the twins that were the shorter, most likely sour60 pheno's, and one I pinched every grow shoot like I usually do a node below the lowest bud site. While the other one I FIM cut her, where you cut upper leaf material in about half to promote better growth at the lower shoots.. It did make the lower shoots grow a few inches but retarded the bud production as a result. From now on other then using Soma's Supercropping method I won't mess with AF plants anymore.. lesson learned, but it's how learn.
The Banana OG was flipped back to vegetative growing and every branch was topped. Going for a tree on this one and will allow her to keep filling out while these AF finish up end of May..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I wanted to get back to this thread... Why you ask. Because after growing out about 8 different strains of Auto, and I know that's not much.. but been smoking A LOT of kushes, Chemdog D, Lemon Larry, Herijuana and just to many to list.. I can honestly say I'd put my BubbleguN up against anything.
Ok, I took 2 hits today for the first time in a few months, on the 2nd hit my lung's expanded and before I can begin exhaling I'm already head rushing. As I exhale my face goes almost numb and I head rush for a few seconds even after stopping.. I am now on hour #3 and I still have to focus hard to see straight.. good thing I type by touch.
Flavor needs a bit more tweaking, buds could be a wee bit tighter and of course we want size to continue right... right..

So, this grow I crossed BubbleguN ... AK47 x Sour60 F1
and crossed it to another AK47 x mystery Sativa.. Assassin F1
He was short with really tight nodes and a bush.. thought for sure
it was a female.. then another male showed his ugly face and bam,
oh yeah baby.. Godzilla Grape #5 x Maxine/Superfreak..
AKA; Sniper

Quagmire

Quagmire

Now Superfreak is something very special, check this out:
Breeder: SSSC M39 x AK47 F4 Auto
Got it's name for freaky leaf growth at nodes 1 & 2 that by F3 were breed out but the name stuck. What a power hitter of a plant..
Godzilla Grape #5 to improve flavor and Maxine because she's a big bitch of a plant.
Hoping that by mixing these 3 I can locate a phenotype with much tighter buds and begin back crossing her back to a male & stabilize the pheno. I want to keep forever.. I think by constantly choosing the same pheno and seeding her back to a male I can achieve this goal..

Superfreak
SF3
Superfreak F1c

Quagmire

Quagmire

Godzilla Grape #5 will add some tightness to the buds for sure, here is a shot of the female plant seeded by Maxine x Superfreak and the seeds I grew out from it to get a lovely male I used in this project..
Godzilla Grape F3

GG F3

Now take a peek at my latest BubbleguN.. the 1-2 hit wonder that blew me arse off.. One pheno was so stinky my filter was of no use.. but typical was kind of short and not much branching.. the one I seeded was a nice big 2 1/2ft tall fatty..
C14

C20

That was around week #5 and the tip of a bud.
I'll get some finished bud shots up soon.. but so far this Breeding 4 Fun program is going pretty good.. I wound up with 50 seeds to keep it going and hope I can get my end result.. a wicked auto with Fat Buds.. aka: Sniper

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

^^THIS^^ the more you cross the further down the rabbit hole you go, I keep beans from every cross in long term storage and keep some for projects in short term storage, when I find a nice lady I can trace her lineage. Bubblegun sounds like a winner, might be time to enter her in a cup.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks for the advice guys.. I do have a friend part of our little group of beginner hobby breeders we call "The 3 Amigos" who all share genetics.. and I too started to think, maybe I should be saving Bubblegun in her original cross of: AK47 x Sour60. I made the F1 seeds and sent them to both Amigo's and after having this thought contacted one out west and asked him to make us a BUNCH of F2 seeds just in case this final addition I've added screws things up.. All this started as just some fun, but this last grow I did of Bubblegun F1's , my 3rd run, was the first time I shared some buds with family/friends and go the responses I did.. I was like wowza, really.. so my buddy is saving her for me and sending me a bunch of seeds back so I can begin the process of then growing out the F2's like Castro here says, then maybe even an F3 and then start the BX process.. I sure appreciate you guys caring enough to offer me your opinions,
One thing I was trying to do was tighten up the buds as they seemed kind of airy on every pheno I had and after growing out this friends GG #5 x Maxine/Superfreak and seeing his photos of her I just thought she'd be a nice addition. The Polyploid showed up in this offspring I've nicknamed Sniper for right now...
One thing I am seeing is much more branching and way faster growth by adding this strain to the Bubblegun so who knows, maybe I'll just get lucky and can test these to F2 also.. I do all my pollination in pre-flower so I don't loose hardly any buds to being all seeded up, usually 40-50 seeds a plant...
Not sure where this project is gonna take me and I"ve actually had a few volunteer to even test grow the Sniper for me and think I'll take them up on it soon, be nice to get other opinions.. cheers guys

north knect

north knect

Thanks for the advice guys.. I do have a friend part of our little group of beginner hobby breeders we call "The 3 Amigos" who all share genetics.. and I too started to think, maybe I should be saving Bubblegun in her original cross of: AK47 x Sour60. I made the F1 seeds and sent them to both Amigo's and after having this thought contacted one out west and asked him to make us a BUNCH of F2 seeds just in case this final addition I've added screws things up.. All this started as just some fun, but this last grow I did of Bubblegun F1's , my 3rd run, was the first time I shared some buds with family/friends and go the responses I did.. I was like wowza, really.. so my buddy is saving her for me and sending me a bunch of seeds back so I can begin the process of then growing out the F2's like Castro here says, then maybe even an F3 and then start the BX process.. I sure appreciate you guys caring enough to offer me your opinions,
One thing I was trying to do was tighten up the buds as they seemed kind of airy on every pheno I had and after growing out this friends GG #5 x Maxine/Superfreak and seeing his photos of her I just thought she'd be a nice addition. The Polyploid showed up in this offspring I've nicknamed Sniper for right now...
One thing I am seeing is much more branching and way faster growth by adding this strain to the Bubblegun so who knows, maybe I'll just get lucky and can test these to F2 also.. I do all my pollination in pre-flower so I don't loose hardly any buds to being all seeded up, usually 40-50 seeds a plant...
Not sure where this project is gonna take me and I"ve actually had a few volunteer to even test grow the Sniper for me and think I'll take them up on it soon, be nice to get other opinions.. cheers guys
Since none of the BRB beans sprouted or me I decided to use some of your bubblegun F1's for a little breeding of my own..I popped 3 beans and all have sprouted..they have only been above ground for 3 days..I'm hoping to find a male to cross with the dinafem autos I have left which are white widow XXL, Moby Dick XXL, and critical +2.0...I'm sure il end up with at least one male and female so I will be making some F2's aswell of this bubblegun..this summers outdoor round I popped 5 bubblegun..2males,2females and one dud..hoping to get one of each this run..would u want me to put up my picks of the bubblegun on this thread @Quagmire ? ..well happy farming folks

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Sounds cool man, Just curious, why you chose the Hybrids to breed with. My school of thought was to at the very least cross with a IBL or Landrace to make BX'ing more expedient.

Like Cross an IBL or Landrace with a Hybrid or another IBL, And BX to the Parent IBL or Landrace. The crossing of two hybrids makes BX'ing to restore F1 Hybrid Vigour too long of a process for me as a small hobbyist.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Sounds cool man, Just curious, why you chose the Hybrids to breed with. My school of thought was to at the very least cross with a IBL or Landrace to make BX'ing more expedient.

Like Cross an IBL or Landrace with a Hybrid or another IBL, And BX to the Parent IBL or Landrace. The crossing of two hybrids makes BX'ing to restore F1 Hybrid Vigour too long of a process for me as a small hobbyist.

Didn't have access to IBL's or believe me we'd work with the better genetics.. but most of us in this small group, or at least myself, are among the poor who cannot afford to buy expensive seeds and count on the kindness of others.. so we goof off with what we have knowing we are not serious breeders but do this just for the fun of things.. I live off disability and not that much so I grow mostly what is gifted to me and pay it forward to others and am up front of what it is.. all I can say is this BubbleguN F1, this next few months my Amigo in same boat as I will be taking it to F2 and passing me seeds back as we work on this venture together.. We lean toward the Sour60 side of the original cross of AK47 X Sour60 because it's the powerhouse in all of this.. so even though I'm trying to make the buds bigger and better branching I hit her with pollen last run with Godzilla Grape #5 x Maxine/Superfreak a friend of mine in Canada took to F5.. and already I can see an improvement.. now I'll stop anymore breeding with it and take it to F4 at least, then start the BX work using a single male.. we are just learning this hobby of breeding and can only work with what we have.. free seeds. so even though it may not be ideal, it is what we've chosen to have our little bit of fun with.. hope you understand our method of madness. trick is to not let any of these seeds out to others outside our group to avoid watering down any genetics we are playing with in any way.... cheers

Quagmire

Quagmire

Since none of the BRB beans sprouted or me I decided to use some of your bubblegun F1's for a little breeding of my own..I popped 3 beans and all have sprouted..they have only been above ground for 3 days..I'm hoping to find a male to cross with the dinafem autos I have left which are white widow XXL, Moby Dick XXL, and critical +2.0...I'm sure il end up with at least one male and female so I will be making some F2's aswell of this bubblegun..this summers outdoor round I popped 5 bubblegun..2males,2females and one dud..hoping to get one of each this run..would u want me to put up my picks of the bubblegun on this thread @Quagmire ? ..well happy farming folks

I say have as much fun as you can learning about breeding at this level so when you want to take it seriously you have a good feel for things.. I understand fully what our brother Canalchemist states, but it's very difficult to get IBL males in the world of Autos as 99% of all seed companies only release their seeds in feminized forms, plus I just cannot afford to buy seeds at the prices they ask these days.. I have over 500 seeds of probably 125 different strains and 2 are listed as being IBL's.. all the rest are hybrids or F3 etc etc....
Breed whatever ya want using that BubbleguN she is something magical.. look for the Sour60 sweet smelling pheno to use as she is the big hitter.. good luck man..

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Good stuff man, you can still find that nice Pheno and make some nice Fem S1 seeds pretty easy. IBL's can be found as well as Land race, which is similar to IBL just mother natures work and selected by those who hunt for them. I know Auto's are the best for growing outdoors in the North, such a short season. I have zero experience with Auto's, I used to be against them, I sometimes can be stubborn edit: I am stubborn, someone convinced me to give an Auto a try and I was surprised and enjoyed it.

Not sure what kind of effect you are looking for but there are some not so expensive IBL's out there however I am not sure about being in Auto form, Sensi sells a Ruderalis, that would be a good starting point for an Auto project.

Either way, when it comes to the hobby each individual has a different goal in mind and sounds like you are right on track here, sounds like your motivated and have some friends to help out.

Good Vibes Brother :)

Quagmire

Quagmire

Thanks Anal.. oops, I mean Canal.. LMAO. Glad we can joke around a bit and not always take this so serious.. Although I've had my feet wet for sometime in the photo period world I am very new to auto's myself and looked down upon them too, so don't feel to bad ok.. when I got back into this great hobby after 4yrs off I looked into mainly for my small space and was amazed at how they had rebounded in both size and potency.
my first run was funny, a brother sent me like 40 seeds of 4 strains and only 3 were not crushed so I planted them, got 2 ladies and a male so preflower pollinated and it started it all.. the potency on this Sour60 was as good as any Kush or Chemdog D I'd grown before and was amazed.. hooked up with others on another site, one from Canada doing incredible things with his F5 cross.. My next goal is to take one of my IBL strains and convert it into an auto, but wanted to goof off a bit before I got to serious about things, love a good experiment.. so thanks for stopping in and love any input my friend.. cheers.

Quagmire

Quagmire

One of the auto's from Canada I'm working with is called Superfreak, a cross by SSSC called M39.. get more info on it if ya want, but here is what she looks like in pure form.

Superfreak 2 day 50
Superfreak 3 day 50
Superfreak Day 50

north knect

north knect

Shit quag..u gota hook me up with this fellow Canuck..seems Canadian growers with skill are far and few between..I only kno a few decent growers here and looks like ur buddy knows his shit lol..I'd love to converse with him

Quagmire

Quagmire

Well, I must say... not very happy with one of these new crosses.. not many budsites and big stretching on the nodes I don't care for.. I FIM cut 2 of them in hopes the lower branches will catch up to them and the plants will fill out better. But as this sits Sniper is not what I expected and may have shot me in the foot.. but, this is why I have a mate making me some F2 seeds of BubbleguN in it's original AK47 x Sour60 form from some F1 seeds I sent him.. wheeew, thank god, don't want to lose her. So maybe I'll just be happy with what I have and work her to an F4 and start BXing her to one male I like the structure of eh?
The other cross however, Deimos x Maxine/Superfreak X Godzilla Grape x Maxine/Superfreak turned out just awesome, so maybe strain that share parental genetics are good to meet one another and help keep structure close to original while adding some flavor like the GG grape eh? we'll see in the end..

After this I may just take a break from Autos for a bit and grow out some of the 75 strains I've collected this past year eh?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Shit quag..u gota hook me up with this fellow Canuck..seems Canadian growers with skill are far and few between..I only kno a few decent growers here and looks like ur buddy knows his shit lol..I'd love to converse with him

He's a friend from another site who goes by DIRT and very hard to get a hold of.. I was lucky enough to grab his attention and for some reason chose me to send a bunch of his genetics to for testing.. but he works on cell phone towers and is out in the deep field for weeks at a time only checking in once in a while.. I even have some special seeds he asked me to find for him and can't get a hold of him to get em off to the guy.... lol. He does beautiful work huh? Here's another one of his

Superfreak F1 b
SF3

Top Bottom