Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ha sugar is good ! I love sweets .
So this thread covers all and has most the brains are tuned in ... 🤔
Want to know what everyone thinks of using honey to extract .
I know I have read ways to do it and others that say bullshit.
I love sugar and just had a large spoon full of the honey I soaked an oz in and just feel so happy.
Placebo, for real, or a kid in candy shop STFU and move along ?🤣
IMO; coconut oils are the best economy extractors; I used to make RSO forever; but now I do it with coconuts; it's better; cheaper; plus the process is easier.
Just my humble opinion on doing non-smokable extracts.

Coconut oils are excellent carriers of THC efficiently. Certainly olive oil might be another good choice.

I've never heard of using sugars to extract; but it certainly sounds interesting.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Defol. end of the week, they grow up so fast 🥲
20220516 172728

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
IMO; coconut oils are the best economy extractors; I used to make RSO forever; but now I do it with coconuts; it's better; cheaper; plus the process is easier.
Just my humble opinion on doing non-smokable extracts.

Coconut oils are excellent carriers of THC efficiently. Certainly olive oil might be another good choice.

I've never heard of using sugars to extract; but it certainly sounds interesting.
F8A32D61 52AF 4EED 8E28 98354699C4E4

Toast butter, cinnamon and this. 😎
Tried honey multiple times and it always turned into a “weak” mess for me. The viscosity is no joke. Sugar so easy just need alcohol, bud and sugar really. Any have better honey experience?

steamroller

steamroller

I soaked the decarbed bud in honey for 8 hours in simmering water [double boiler].
Article I read said 1/2 oz to 2 cups honey so I doubled it .

The honey makes me silly, happy, basically care free .
Taste great to boot .
Spoonful for me and spoonful for my tea hot or cold .😁

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
I soaked the decarbed bud in honey for 8 hours in simmering water [double boiler].
Article I read said 1/2 oz to 2 cups honey so I doubled it .

The honey makes me silly, happy, basically care free .
Taste great to boot .
Spoonful for me and spoonful for my tea hot or cold .😁
Same way I did it! Just hated spooning that out of metal bowl! Im too much of a stoner anyways to care about taste. Ill eat a gob of can abutter to get me where I wanna be. 🤣🤮🤮

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Another way would be just to dry sift it' and do what you want with it. This is still edible; could be mixed with sugar or oils; either way. Certainly if you got sufficient bulk; you would maybe want to extract out of the remaining flower.

Personally; I think if one has enough weight; you can take fractions of various extracts from X-amount of pounds; harvest different quality (purity) of extract. The real key here is the start quality... What the budget (extraction process) and the overall amounts in question.

On a budget; if it can be easily acquired; IMO dry ice was kind of fun; then into the mesh bags; shake.... although next time I'll work the finer meshes; also separate my runs better. Lots of this is about technique that requires perfecting the process; and refining the method. Can make a huge difference in end results.

I almost threw this in the trash last week; as I was cleaning out the house. 😆 It's been sitting around for a few years; and got overlooked.
PXL 20220517 071649589

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The Purple Punch x Landrace Thai project @sambapati Is coming along just fine. Certainly has many of the distinctly spicy Thai tones I've noticed from the male donor; with some of that Purple Punch sweetness. Difficult to describe. Just now getting some of the good smells coming though. Seems to be ripening more along the Purple Punch track (hopefully); but only time will tell.

The Thai is the plant in the first pic; and the second picture; it's on the left side; alongside it's much smaller Purple Punch x GDP Gorilla sisters.

The last plant is the I502 Frankenstein I believe; I think Larry is still sitting over with the Bubba's in the veg tank still. Have to do some digging in the dirt to locate the markers.
Messages 0 3
Messages 0 1

Messages 0 2
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
So look at them screwy lights; why doesn't' that happen with my other panels??? 🤔 😠 Is it an artifact from the bars??? (blind spot) Or is it some frequency phenomena; with the power input cycling. Ie. it's cycling 60hz; instead of say 120hz on the other sets....

Anyone want to take a stab at what is at play here? Every photo always has these blind spots, with this setup.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
One more look at this stage of the Purple Punched Thai... Video starting at the PPx[GDPxGG4] side... ie. sweet and skunky... verses sweet and spicy... I'm loving her a whole lot already. 🤞 Obviously I need to pop a few more; sort it properly.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Market crashed, there were no survivors🤯
Large grows do not make the cut here anymore. Opportunity is now non existent on the west coast.
I will carry on at a smaller scale with challenges that will be rewarding on a mental level:)
Yea; I think it's best to keep it about the plants themselves; instead about how much can be extracted from it IMO. Do the niche thing brother; and work it; and don't stress about it. Then it will be more enjoyable; cause sounds like you already got a regular 9to5; and this is just icing. I feel like sometimes less is more; but that's just the way I'm wired these days.

Everyone's ideals of what's best. Bottom line; the more you got in this world; the more uptake and maintence it requires; (time plus expenses) then what's supposed to be enjoyable, is turned on it's head. I'm not just talking about weed; but life... When you become a slave to your own success; it can become a burden; or a trap in and of itself.

It's been a long difficult road to get me to wrap my head around this one; and I'm never going to let it go. Simple and slow; like a turtle. 🥳 fuck the fast lane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom