Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Looks like Skunk Cabbage... Should get a yellow bloom, and smell like good weed.
IMG 20210416 1611300652
IMG 20210416 160827152 HDR2

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, definitely not a species that was indigenous to the Rock River Valley where I grew up, I don't think I've even seen them in the swamps up north either, so must require more of an ocean environment, or something. Moisture sponges, is what I see in that kinda plant.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Symplocarpus foetidus

commonly known as skunk cabbage or eastern skunk cabbage (also swamp cabbage, clumpfoot cabbage, or meadow cabbage, foetid pothos or polecat weed), is a low growing plant that grows in wetlands and moist hill slopes of eastern North America. Bruised leaves present a fragrance reminiscent of skunk.

The plant is not poisonous to the touch. The foul odor attracts its pollinators: scavenging flies, stoneflies, and bees. The odor in the leaves may also serve to discourage large animals from disturbing or damaging this plant, which grows in soft wetland soils.

Eastern skunk cabbage is notable for its ability to generate temperatures of up to 15–35 °C (27–63 °F) above air temperature by cyanide resistant cellular respiration in order to melt its way through frozen ground, placing it among a small group of thermogenic plants. Even though it flowers while there is still snow and ice on the ground, it is successfully pollinated by early insects that also emerge at this time. Some studies suggest that beyond allowing the plant to grow in icy soil, the heat it produces may help to spread its odor in the air. Carrion-feeding insects that are attracted by the scent may be doubly encouraged to enter the spathe because it is warmer than the surrounding air, fueling pollination.

Eastern skunk cabbage has contractile roots which contract after growing into the earth. This pulls the stem of the plant deeper into the mud, so that the plant in effect grows downward, not upward. Each year, the plant grows deeper into the earth, so that older plants are practically impossible to dig up. They reproduce by hard, pea-sized seeds which fall in the mud and are carried away by animals or by floods.

In the 19th century the U.S. Pharmacopoeia listed eastern skunk cabbage as the drug "dracontium". It was used in the treatment of respiratory diseases, nervous disorders, rheumatism, and dropsy. In North America and Europe, skunk cabbage is occasionally cultivated in water gardens. Skunk cabbage was used extensively as a medicinal plant, seasoning, and magical talisman by various tribes of Native Americans. The thoroughly dried young leaves are quite good reconstituted in soups or stews. The thoroughly dried rootstocks can be made into a pleasant cocoa-like flour.

Skunk cabbage often contains calcium oxalate crystals, and therefore the plant is considered to have medium toxicity to humans. The toxicity may be removed through careful preparation. (I think I'll skip this part, actually, unless I"m having respiratory distress out in the swamp, and don't have my puffer).

Pretty interesting plant, actually.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Don't make it more complicated than it has to be, smoke hit of each.
I bet you could smoke a hit of each, and probably not get though all your stains in a day, or maybe even a week.
and the cross-over effect is the bomb.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Wish I still had all that ambition in life, but again, the headaches, so I tread lightly.
There usually worst in the morning, but usually subside if I don't act crazy.

I think the allergies have something to do with it, but also all that damn road busting there doing out front, and the gazillion car's going up and down the road, stopping, starting... Metal dust. All the dust is terrible here, and it's everywhere.

Hopefully, I"m going to get to the root of this problem with the MRI tomorrow.

amekins

amekins

Wish I still had all that ambition in life, but again, the headaches, so I tread lightly.
There usually worst in the morning, but usually subside if I don't act crazy.

I think the allergies have something to do with it, but also all that damn road busting there doing out front, and the gazillion car's going up and down the road, stopping, starting... Metal dust. All the dust is terrible here, and it's everywhere.

Hopefully, I"m going to get to the root of this problem with the MRI tomorrow.
Hope it went well and you have answers soon.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
it's a hard-knocked life
Getting ready for the MRI.

I certainly don't have many regrets. But it's been a difficult road at times. Being a vagabond is a certainly a rough road to tow, but it's been a hell of a lot of fun. It has it's ups and downs like anything else. But I've seen almost every nook and corner of this great country of ours, even some of it's remote, or unsavory places, from coast to coast and from top to bottom. I've lived like a king, a Joker and an Ace, and loved most every min of it. But I've always kept my cards hidden.

But now I'm ready to settle down a little more. The ground is a lot harder these days. I'm learning how to show my cards a little, but I still like to keep that poker face. I guess I've always been a gambler of sorts, always on the move. Been that way since I got out of the military, even before then. A lone wolf. A suitcase, and a trunk is all I've ever needed in life. But times change.

Here's that strange landrace wild Thai that Sambapati sent me, she's growing up!

IMG 20210505 102941922
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That's what changed me, when I went to Baltimore. From living on the streets, to making it thru college. It was a real eye opener, all the killings, shootings, poverty, violence in my face daily, for years. The fear, then becoming numb to it. It was a real eye opener for this once young naive hill-billy white boy.

It changed me. So now I'm a little of both worlds.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm back in one piece, I think. I took it for awhile, but I had to leave early, it was too much. Bad, BAD MIGRAINE. Felt like Satan drilling my head with a jackhammer. I just couldn't take it anymore, and he said it was only 5 min, and I know it was much longer. I hope they got a good enough picture.

Eating fresh blueberries, figs, strawberries and coffee to try and get rid of this terrible headache.

I honestly started to panic, and I didn't know what to think. I just needed to get out of there., and the radiologist seemed to think it was funny.
Injected me with heavy metals, then pounding my head in a high tech magnetic drum, that was not fun at all.

Told me they were going to play Jimi, but couldn't hear nothing but the drums.
That was hands down the worst medical procedure in my life, and I've had hemorrhoid surgery.

Positive vibes...
IMG 20210505 171108318 BURST000 COVER TOP

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I'm back in one piece, I think. I took it for awhile, but I had to leave early, it was too much. Bad, BAD MIGRAINE. Felt like Satan drilling my head with a jackhammer. I just couldn't take it anymore, and he said it was only 5 min, and I know it was much longer. I hope they got a good enough picture.

Eating fresh blueberries, figs, strawberries and coffee to try and get rid of this terrible headache.

I honestly started to panic, and I didn't know what to think. I just needed to get out of there., and the radiologist seemed to think it was funny.
Injected me with heavy metals, then pounding my head in a high tech magnetic drum, that was not fun at all.

Told me they were going to play Jimi, but couldn't hear nothing but the drums.
That was hands down the worst medical procedure in my life, and I've had hemorrhoid surgery.

Positive vibes...View attachment 1120971
Does not sound fun at all. 😐

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Strap you in, then take a 2 pound hammer and beat on you... Well fix ya...
Won't hurt a bit, here's some heavy metals, to make you feel better.
Then drop me off into the abyss.

Hollering in the tube, your doing good buddy! How's it going down there... Try and listen to the Jimi, it will make you calm...
Purple haze all in my brain, ZZPPP BAM, BAM BBBURRRRR Lately things, they don't seem the same, ZZZZATPP BBUU;RRRRPP ZZZBBAMMM Acting funny, but I don't know why... BBRRRPP ZAP RRRRRPRRPPPPPP BOOM, BAM, CLANK.. RRRRR....

GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!

I honestly thought I was going to die.
That's basically a synopsis of the event.

34ff7f3b1d08dd7ea84015bd70b029bf  diving suit scuba diving
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom