Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Parking lot rendezvous , where would us old stoners be without those memories ?
I was just telling Mrs. Goodman the story about how I bought my first light outta the Little Nickel a couple weeks ago... As we were driving by the spot I picked up my second through fifth. 😆

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea... I'll go collect some more trophies soon... And keep hunting for old TekLights.
The old tek light hunt is rough , I gave up last year .......

Amekins , tek lights are a four or eight lamp flourscent t 5 fixture
They are good for seedlings , clones and limited veg , very well made and a bit stylish .... Not sure if they are still made but they seem to have a following , at least by 2 people that I know , myself being one of them ....

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
The old tek light hunt is rough , I gave up last year .......

Amekins , tek lights are a four or eight lamp flourscent t 5 fixture
They are good for seedlings , clones and limited veg , very well made and a bit stylish .... Not sure if they are still made but they seem to have a following , at least by 2 people that I know , myself being one of them ....
Oh... I'm on the hunt now... I'll find some.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Is it really a " clone" if you can pull more clones off it the same day you get it ? I think it should be called a " plant "
NINTCHDBPICT000631385198 3

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Yep... Seems well built... Nicer than I expected for sure.
Any suggestions as far as distance from plants and/or % of power to run it?
In flower I ended up settling around 16" from the canopy at 100%, just about ready to bring the next run in under it and plan on starting them around 40% and slowly increasing and adjusting height as necessary. Doubt i will start that close most likely around 24" and lower as I see them responding, I got it mid flower and they were more than happy to accept the increase from my old light

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
In flower I ended up settling around 16" from the canopy at 100%, just about ready to bring the next run in under it and plan on starting them around 40% and slowly increasing and adjusting height as necessary. Doubt i will start that close most likely around 24" and lower as I see them responding, I got it mid flower and they were more than happy to accept the increase from my old light
Cool... Thank you.
I was a little worried, before going to bed, that I'd wake up to decarbed clones. 😆

dire wolf

dire wolf

Got a picture of these "old tek lights" you could find from a quick search?
I will... I know where there's a few stashed away... But Dude has been MIA.
They pop up though... There's one up north right now... But it's a 24".
HERO staring Bud Goodman and jet li , in the never ending quest to collect all the Tek lights in existence ....... Now playing in bud world

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Mr. Budgoodman! Wow what a thread! Great looking everything in here congrats bud. You will enjoy the apple fritters I got one finishing up and the smell of fresh green apples is fantastic.
You keep showing those clone prices and the clone sellers are going to disappear ahahahahahaha

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
None... And I have no idea. My first LED... Hell, on the way to Portland, I met a guy in a parking lot to buy another TekLight... But the thing was broken. Still was fun... Felt like the "old days".😂
I just ordered that light and tent to make some seeds separate from the other plants... But since it's here, I'll use it to quarantine these plants... I was probably just going to throw these in the "greenhouse" otherwise.
We got to get you going on a proper LED Bud, and there's no turning back once you get your toes wet. I'm pretty sure that ones going to do well for you, but it's only about half way there. It's a good one, don't get me wrong, but the REALLY good ones, are going to have samsung LED's (anytype are great, as long as they begin with an LM301 bulb) The H is best, but anything in the LM301 generation is going to be excellent. The other key is this, spreading the lights out, instead of having them bunched up on a panel, like yours are. Don't get me wrong, panels are very effective, I've got 2 of them I use, and I've had another 20 older ones that I've gone though over the years, but the newer 4x4 sized light, that have the bulbs spread out (Personally I didn't think the would be effective) but I was WRONG, the are the most effective, and it's because they throw out light from different perspectives, and you get layers of shadowing, and way, way better canopy penetration.

Welcome into the new way of doing things, your going to really dig your lights.
This one cost me around $900 with taxes, but it was like a $1300 fixture, so I pulled the trigger. The Gavita Pro 1700e have come down some, that's the one you should be eying. It's the pinnacle of LED tech right now, unless something's displaced it recently...

This light has LM301H 3000's & Osram 660's, but I think there's some LM301B's in there too @5000. I think the very best lights have the LM301H@4000. Gavita doesn't seem to share information on it's light ratio's, I think it's a trade secret, of sorts.

The other thing you want to be eying, is a few of those agromax t5 UVB's, just for the flowering rooms. Those are a cheaper leap, and I think they would probably give you more bang for your buck, and give more immediate results than changing all over to LED's. Simply put, those would add resin weight to your end product, and only cost you 65 watts each. I would get one or two of them, and do a side by side, I think you might be impressed.

IMG 20210511 101821344
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It's not real nice... But it'll work.
I'm all in about $200 for the tent and light.

View attachment 1122992
Just treat her gentle, and don't force any zippers. I've had cheap tents. Don't expect it to hold back any water leakage, first time it gets wet in there, your seals are going to fall off the inside of the inside floor mat, if it even came with one. There's so many different grades of tents out there, but at $200 for light and tent, I can't imagine it's a terribly solid one.

Does it say "made in uyghur concentration camps" on it?
Give the US another 5 years to stir up the pot some more, and the'll be hawking those things at the dollar store.
Grow tents are commie indoctrination merit badges.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yep... Seems well built... Nicer than I expected for sure.
Any suggestions as far as distance from plants and/or % of power to run it?
My guess would be 24-36 for those early plants you've got. Probably more like 24 on that light, if I'm correct, then dial it up closer as you go into flower.

Top Bottom