Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I do think he's got some of the holy grail in that collection down there. Infact, I'm pretty darn confident of it. I realize clones are very important for passing along isolated traits, and it's a good method, but I also think seeding a few plants really opens the door for more possibility to occur, especially when you've got so many outstanding different cultivars, all sitting at the same local, it's just one of those things that should be done.
Ya never know what could happen.

Most of the best cuts have come from accidental open pollination. Not specific breeding. That seems to only make fruity crap. Lol.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Most of the best cuts have come from accidental open pollination. Not specific breeding. That seems to only make fruity crap. Lol.
I agree, I bet lot's of things happen by accident. Or even by looking at something that others might discard, then finding a way of teasing out the undesirable.

That's what's going on here, and she's one of my best prospects this year. (tyvm Sambaptai) Wild Landrace Thai, straight from the Gulf of Thailand. She's a runt, but I'm going to fix that for her progeny, and give her a new tighter, fatter (Indica) body when all is said and done. But try and keep the goodness locked on the inside.

I bet this plant will flower for 20 weeks, if I keep it, in it's current state.

IMG 20210510 150516141
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is the rare behavior trait that above strain is supposed to possess. True Creeper traits, ZERO modern cultivars have this trait, it's never been transferred into a modern hybrid. This plant has actually EVOLVED to exploit/leverage the behavior of animals within it's orbit.

What happens is this, moles (or other animals) come along and burrow holes next to the plant, then the cola's bend over and touch the dirt, then they form roots, and spout another plant, and the plant works by cloning itself naturally within the environment, just like a giant conifer falling in the woods, or a thorn thicket...'

All that has to occur for this to happen is the cola needs to meet dirt. When it touches fertile ground, it can readily form new roots.

=121000&hash=32dce110ca7afa897612b85f4ac1936c']Upload Photos

Creeper2
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
That's what happened to my Frankenstein, some of the earlier iterations had that great Bubba OG taste and potency. Then when I got to the 4th generation and mixed it with some of those culitvars from Europe, (Purple Haze) It started tasting like cotton candy. I'm not complaining, but I think some of the vigor is missing. It's a great potent, great tasting plant at this stage, but I'll probably select the original f1's over the newer stuff, if I do anything else with it at this point.

Obviously, I'm limited with the space and numbers thing, so that's one of those things that will be done at a later date, if at all. I've got better fish to fry at the moment. Frankenstein was my first project, and it worked out well. I'm proud of her, she's a very solid auto-flower, IMO. As good as anything I've seen out there right now. My objectives were potency and size on that project, and it came though in both regards. But she shrank some, when I crossed in the European genes. But the internoding improved somewhat, so a trade-off. Smaller, fatter cola's.

When it comes down to hunting those special pheno's, I think it's all about your starting stock, the numbers, a bit of creativity, and faith.
Your never going to make any break though, unless you take a bit of calculated risk. Cannabis didn't get where it's at today, by people always playing it safe.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree, I bet lot's of things happen by accident. Or even by looking at something that others might discard, then finding a way of teasing out the undesirable.

That's what's going on here, and she's one of my best prospects this year. (tyvm Sambaptai) Wild Landrace Thai, straight from the Gulf of Thailand. She's a runt, but I'm going to fix that for her progeny, and give her a new tighter, fatter (Indica) body when all is said and done. But try and keep the goodness locked on the inside.

I bet this plant will flower for 20 weeks, if I keep it, in it's current state.

obviously I was being a little facetious but think of some of the best plants. Sour diesel and chemdog for example. Sour diesel was an accidental open pollination in a multi strain room and chemdog is simply a concert going smoker that had seeds from nanners in his bag of dogbud. And he planted them.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I worked with children half of my professional life.

Touching the top of a brown childs head, he should fucking know better than that. Terrible optics.
Children are not PETS, there people.

A microaggression is:"a subtle but offensive comment or action at a minority or other nondominant
group that is often unintentional or unconsciously reinforces a stereotype."

I understand that patting a child on the head or touching hair is meant to be endearing (and you'll argue, I do the same to a child of ANY color), but when it's a white adult (or person) touching a Black/Brown/Red/Yellow child, a line is crossed.

Especially if it's a black child. That's a big no no.
I admire how you call them both out on being true creepers... Most Americans are simply incapable, or unwilling to connect those dots. Because of our own petty self interest.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Most of them.
My main objective was to get the glue... But I needed some fruity stuff in the rotation too.

I think you missed my poor taste joke about archive selling you all beginner indica plant as elite cuts. ;-)

The glue is powerful and heavy but not incredibly interesting like real sour diesel. The popular cuts today are incredibly average plants imo.

Your chem cookies or motorbreath is much better weed I think. But I would try all of them if I wasn’t so afraid to bring in outside plants.

The variety you are going through is incredible.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I think you missed my poor taste joke about archive selling you all beginner indica plant as elite cuts. ;-)

The glue is powerful and heavy but not incredibly interesting like real sour diesel. The popular cuts today are incredibly average plants imo.

Your chem cookies or motorbreath is much better weed I think. But I would try all of them if I wasn’t so afraid to bring in outside plants.

The variety you are going through is incredible.
Yea, the Glue and Purple Punch I grabbed more as a fuck you to somebody... You know who you are.🖕
I'm actually not a fan of them being in soil already, but what do ya do?
They have the old Sativa dom cut of Blueberry... Almost grabbed it... But I have a history with that plant... And when I got it before, it came with root aphids... Couldn't do it... Got the $50 Fritter instead.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Spray all them bases with your microbe mixture, if you've got it. I think that might be a prudent thing to do while bringing in the new stuff. In addition to your normal precautions. I think using something up top is a good idea also. I use the bushdoctor microbrew, because it's got the most concentrated microbe count, and the most diverse flora I can find. I really like this stuff, it's like a shield, for roots.

The key with defeating those aphids, is keeping the barrier intact. When you get new plants like that, your bound to pull them out of the packages, and tear up some of the roots, exposing an entry point of transmission for pathogens, or insects. It's an open door. Micobrew shuts that door, tightly.

They just move along to an easier target.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
How many of these newer panels do you have in your lineup now? Are those the samsung diodes?
None... And I have no idea. My first LED... Hell, on the way to Portland, I met a guy in a parking lot to buy another TekLight... But the thing was broken. Still was fun... Felt like the "old days".😂
I just ordered that light and tent to make some seeds separate from the other plants... But since it's here, I'll use it to quarantine these plants... I was probably just going to throw these in the "greenhouse" otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom