Bud Rot Attack Just Before Harvest

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I'm about a week away from harvest. The pistils haven't turned color yet except on the top bud. Trichomes are cloudy with a scattering of amber. I use earth juice nutes and have been flushing with catalyst and molasses for the last week. I wonder if there is anyway to hurry up the ripening by adding either a little meta k, 0-0-12 and /or some guano 0-12-0. I don't want to mess up the taste; on the other hand don't want to loose my crop or have to harvest early. Today I went over the 3 girls, alaskan thunder f..k, with a fine tooth comb and sprayed alcohol on the rotten spots and removed. Keeping my fingers crossed. It looks like a good 5 more days of sunny weather here on the coast of the bay area.

Bud rot attack just before harvest
Bud rot attack just before harvest 2
Mogrow

Mogrow

hope the dreaded bud rott doesn't steal your harvest from ya.. it looks like you would have some good bud if you harvested now, course they'd look better in 5 days, minus the rott. at least you're right on top of them and can keep a close eye on things. sending good vibes to bay area for dorjewright, ganja farmer....
peace mogrow

sox

sox

hope the dreaded bud rott doesn't steal your harvest from ya.. it looks like you would have some good bud if you harvested now, course they'd look better in 5 days, minus the rott. at least you're right on top of them and can keep a close eye on things. sending good vibes to bay area for dorjewright, ganja farmer....
peace mogrow

second that

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I am having the same problem on my Orange Diesel Kush plant right now. Well hopefully not anymore, but I believe the spores are always present. Maybe the environment just isn't right for it to grow right now. I heard from a friend about a Hydrogen Peroxide solution (1/2 H2O/1/2 H2O2) and spot treated where I cut out botrytis spots with that. I also read about how a Baking Soda solution (1tsp BS/qt H2O) is good for stopping fungal attacks. I sprayed the whole plant with that. (As thoroughly as possible, when the plant still had time to dry out during the day) It might now be the best for it, but I would rather not lose the whole plant to bud rot. These are the only organic ways that I could find. I thought that there would be much more information on botrytis and how to deal with it, but I searched to no avail. I am learning from it now though. I have never dealt with so much of it on one plant. I should have cleaned her up before the rain, but you know how that goes. It hurts to just cut off all of your hard work and throw it on the ground, believe me I know. Good luck with your situation bro. Wishing you a good harvest. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

dorjewright

dorjewright

I cut down my 3 chernobyl they were being eaten alive and I think infecting my other girls. They were 8' feet tall. Had to use a ladder to spray them.. A no no for anyone of my age. Darn, but that's the life of a farmer. Thanks for all the good vibes.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
once you start seeing rot it's time to chop period , there is no hoping it wont spread . i have seen whole crops lost in 5 days from the first site of rot , even treating the area with it i promise you spores are all over your plants... good luck and chop now ..

Breeder

Breeder

There is a product called Oxidate that can be used as a spot treatment for molds including budrot. All outdoor growers should have this in their arsenal.

Good luck in harvest

dorjewright

dorjewright

I've got OxiDate but been using alcohol with a little spot sprayer. Afraid Ox will burn the buds. What do you use as a spreader? I'll give it a try this morning without.

Chobble

Chobble

There is a product called Oxidate that can be used as a spot treatment for molds including budrot. All outdoor growers should have this in their arsenal.

Good luck in harvest

Thats bad advise. Oxidate will ruin your buds and is only for Powdery mildew not the wood rot types of mold we deal with later in flower.

I live within Zone 17, which is the foggy lettuce belt. I actually am 2 minutes from the ocean, so I do feel your pain. The Larger garden I work at has a great view of the big ol' pacific. Both places have intense mold problems (My house being worse).

If the bud itself is moldy your going to need to remove it before it continues spreading. Botryis and other wood rots like to really focus the stem, in my experince it will develop on the stem, Ill harvest and then I can run my finger along the stem and easily wipe off all the bud cleanly from the steam in a moldy goup. None the less the bud looked PERFECT on the outside. Keep your eyes open, dont be afraid to get into your buds when your trimming them. Botryis really stops spreading after you remove it from the plant and it doesnt have something to feed off.

Now if you face this on the stem there are ways to fight it without having to remove the branch. Take your pocket knife out, start scraping away the mold and affected tissue (Dont go to deep, I may go take pictures of this process for you). Then I just nuke it with 91% Iso alchohol. Now to much of the alchohol (Two weeks of treatment) will kill the branch by drying it out. I try to treat every couple days and it really helps keep the mold back.

Also something we have started doing is making hash oil with your moldy bud. Really helps when you plan to loose half your harvest...

Chobble

Breeder

Breeder

Actually oxidate doesn't ruin your buds at all. I wouldn't advise dunking a cola but if a rotting piece of flower is on a plant progressing removing the rotting pieces and doing a mild spray to the affected area will help stop the molds progression. Oxidate is a spot treatment not a systemic fungal preventative and does work well on PM. I live in Oregon and have dealt with many mold issues and while I prefer to not spray anything on a plant in flower I would use oxidate to save further losses on a crop if needed and would feel safe doing so

dorjewright

dorjewright

Actually oxidate doesn't ruin your buds at all. I wouldn't advise dunking a cola but if a rotting piece of flower is on a plant progressing removing the rotting pieces and doing a mild spray to the affected area will help stop the molds progression. Oxidate is a spot treatment not a systemic fungal preventative and does work well on PM. I live in Oregon and have dealt with many mold issues and while I prefer to not spray anything on a plant in flower I would use oxidate to save further losses on a crop if needed and would feel safe doing so
What do you use for a spreader and what dilution for the Oxidate do you recommend? I'm finding anything over 1.5 0z/gal will burn. And without a spreader it just beads. I've tried Humbolt's sticky, Stylet oil at 1oz/gal, and sn90 which may work the best. Besides bud rot I've got something that circles the stem and has greyish tan spores only thing that will touch it is alcohol or asprin. This last couple of weeks we've had morning and night fog and humidity is 100%. Been also using Cap's foliar and Actinovate.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Update: Held out chopping and just spot treated with alcohol; got a good harvest and am now waiting for the smaller buds to ripen. The humidity on the coast here has been 80 to 100% most of the night and day for week now. So include ATF as relatively mold resistant; no pm at all and bud rot handleable. Blue dream also.

jyip

jyip

sounds like a lomg battle there,, hope ya got the lions share chopped

Top Bottom