Buds not forming tricomes..PLEASE HELP

• Thread starter Thedevilslettuce83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krispy420

Krispy420

It was just a matter of time before they created a photoperiod strain that can't be cloned. Now they can stop pushing them silly autos. In a few years nothing will clone or be suitable for breeding. Preserve your good seeds or be forever dependent on overpriced shit genetics.
I think your tin foil hat is on a little too tight 😂

Krispy420

Krispy420

You're right. I'm sure no one will ever genetically modify weed. Hell, its probably against the law.
genetically modifying weed is inevitable. It has been happening for a long time now and genetics have only gotten better and stronger. Just like with anything else I believe there are shitty breeders and there are great breeders. "Natural selection" in the market eventually "weeds" the shitty ones out. I see no reason to believe that genetics will do anything besides continuing to improve. With that said there's certainly no harm in you hoarding seeds and doing the hard work yourself, more power to ya..

growsince79

growsince79

genetically modifying weed is inevitable. It has been happening for a long time now and genetics have only gotten better and stronger. Just like with anything else I believe there are shitty breeders and there are great breeders. "Natural selection" in the market eventually "weeds" the shitty ones out. I see no reason to believe that genetics will do anything besides continuing to improve. With that said there's certainly no harm in you hoarding seeds and doing the hard work yourself, more power to ya..
I keep hearing how weed keeps getting better. Ime it's been going downhill since the 80's. Stronger genetics lol. Its hard to buy a pack of seeds that are all the same fire. Oh they look pretty and claim high thc bla bla bla. Why is it 92% thc from the store doesn't get you as high as decent home grown? Its all marketing bs.

totamus

totamus

I had one plant do the same thing. It had been inadvertantly exposed to a very high light level for 24hrs when it was a seedling. I kept it growing until it was incredibly obvious that no trichomes were going to develop. From reading the thread, I think you are best to start with a new seed and proceed from there.

growsince79

growsince79

I had one plant do the same thing. It had been inadvertantly exposed to a very high light level for 24hrs when it was a seedling. I kept it growing until it was incredibly obvious that no trichomes were going to develop. From reading the thread, I think you are best to start with a new seed and proceed from there.
Some plants don't make many trichs. The op post is about clone degradation/mutation.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I once grew the same clone over 6 years without keeping a mother, so probably 25 generations and exactly the same every time. Soon all the seed makers will make seeds that are sterile and unclonable.
I agree completely. Currently have clones that I started from seeds 12 years ago, being an exact copy of some great genetics, nothing has changed! I have other growers that are choosing to carry on these genetics from my clones, when they have access to the finest seeds in the world. So on this cause, (clones being useless) I respectfully agree to heartily disagree.
Trich production has a lot to do with humidity. Since it’s a plants mode of protecting the flowers. I cut my humidity to the low 40’s three weeks into flower, always looks like frost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom