Build A Soil 3.0 - Nutrients Questions

• Thread starter Vacadeluna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vacadeluna

I am starting my second grow ever, and I ordered some build a soil 3.0. My question is, is it really only water only, or do I need to buy anything to add to it for late veg or flower? I know water should be ph 6-7, just not sure if there is anything I will need to add for the grow. It will be in 5 gallon fabric pots, 300 watt light, 3x3 area, will be topping a few times.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Never used it . But it says water only . Trust they know what there doing and water only . Must be a living soil Please keep us posted on your grow pic here and there. Interested in seeing how it works .
If you add nutrients you could kill the soil . So you know if its living you cant add anything at all just ph the water

V

Vacadeluna

Never used it . But it says water only . Trust they know what there doing and water only . Must be a living soil Please keep us posted on your grow pic here and there. Interested in seeing how it works .
If you add nutrients you could kill the soil . So you know if its living you cant add anything at all just ph the water
Yeah it’s living soil for sure, and that’s what I thought, as the microbes could be killed off. I do know there are amendments you can put on live soil, and I was wondering if that’s what I needed to do, whether it be after a month of veg or going into flower.

HealthyEarthSol

HealthyEarthSol

Yeah it’s living soil for sure, and that’s what I thought, as the microbes could be killed off. I do know there are amendments you can put on live soil, and I was wondering if that’s what I needed to do, whether it be after a month of veg or going into flower.
Find out what is in the soil and start there.
Find out if the soil is designed for a particular time frame. You can add to organic soil, you just have to understand what you are adding and more importantly, WHY?

N

Natep

I would top dress with casting and craft blend. I do this before veg and before flower. Add some worms to your soil. As you defoliate tuck the leaves into the soil. This will help make a mulch layer for future grows. I would also learn a few knf supplements. Make some fpj wsc wcap. All of it helps.

H

hawkman

you are talking about microbical health generally "potted' living soil does need some work after months in a container (stands to reason)

V

Vacadeluna

you are talking about microbical health generally "potted' living soil does need some work after months in a container (stands to reason)
Yeah, I figured after use, it would need to be remanded, but what about initial use, is it good all the way to and through flower?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
The Build A Soil way recommends a least a 15 gallon pot for best results but the 5 gallon is doable just not as forgiving as a 15 gallon pot. 5 gallon battery is a lot smaller than a 15 gallon battery. To answer your question the top dressing you plan to do is all you need. I take it your top dressing with Craft Blend?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Yeah, I figured after use, it would need to be remanded, but what about initial use, is it good all the way to and through flower?
For your case, it will probably make it just to the beginning of flower.

V

Vacadeluna

The Build A Soil way recommends a least a 15 gallon pot for best results but the 5 gallon is doable just not as forgiving as a 15 gallon pot. 5 gallon battery is a lot smaller than a 15 gallon battery. To answer your question the top dressing you plan to do is all you need. I take it your top dressing with Craft Blend?
That is actually what I am trying to find out, what do I need to add to the top of the soil and when? Preferably I’d like to order from their site for anything if you have any recommendations.

Just an fyi, my first grown I used all Fox Farm products, and it was ok, but I’ve heard of so much better results with live soil than giving the salts to feed the plants.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
That is actually what I am trying to find out, what do I need to add to the top of the soil and when? Preferably I’d like to order from their site for anything if you have any recommendations.

Just an fyi, my first grown I used all Fox Farm products, and it was ok, but I’ve heard of so much better results with live soil than giving the salts to feed the plants.
Just get the Craft Blend and use that 2 weeks before you flip. Keep it simple. The soil your using is super rich. A little hay/straw at the top will help keep the top moist and the roots will grow higher to the surface, easier for them to grab the nutrients. Another thing to get from build a soil is their flower compost. Some good shit. Add a little of that with the Craft Blend when you use it.

Last edited:
V

Vacadeluna

Just get the Craft Blend and use that 2 weeks before you flip. Keep it simple. The soil your using is super rich. A little hay/straw at the top will help keep the top moist and the roots will grow higher to the surface, easier for them to grab the nutrients. Another thing to get from build a soil is their flower compost. Some good shit. Add a little of that with the Craft Blend when you use it.
This is what I have in my cart, the build a flower top dress is the only thing I saw under the compost section, so I assume that is the right one.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I would let it ride until it shows deficiency and then top dress appropriately. Water only unless you are adding microbes or a compost tea. There are ferments if you have a bad deficiency in living soil but those are down the line. It's not exactly water only more like no salt bases nutes needed. Build a soil is great stick with them. Colorado worm company and coot related products are 🔥 coots mix is better than craft blend imo

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I would recommend rice hulls for mulch instead because that's what coot does but straw will work for sure

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

Fox farm nutes kind of suck but thier soil is solid as a base

V

Vacadeluna

I would let it ride until it shows deficiency and then top dress appropriately. Water only unless you are adding microbes or a compost tea. There are ferments if you have a bad deficiency in living soil but those are down the line. It's not exactly water only more like no salt bases nutes needed. Build a soil is great stick with them. Colorado worm company and coot related products are 🔥 coots mix is better than craft blend imo
Can you drop a link for that coots mix, as I am not seeing that on their site. I am going to order some rice hulls, and the flower top dress and want to also get something for late veg if need be.

V

Vacadeluna

I think I found it, is it "Clackamas Coots Official Gnarly Barley - Artisan Sprouted Seed Blend"?

Top Bottom