Buildasoil vs FFOF Soil: Indoor Side By Side Organic Grow Review

• Thread starter Cityfarmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Can you get your hands on a compost tea?
Never buy compost tea, only brew yourself regardless of what you read or any other way you've come to know this.
Even better, if you have proper soil and watering technique I'd skip it completely

Smerb

Smerb

Never buy compost tea, only brew yourself regardless of what you read or any other way you've come to know this.
Even better, if you have proper soil and watering technique I'd skip it completely
Big ol BS.

Smerb

Smerb

Yup, there’s this place by
My house that does super nice compost, all local stuff and what not. They are open on Sunday’s, so I’ll be goin there to grab 100lbs for $45
I wouldn't grab just anyone's compost, you'll have no clue what's in it, unless they tell you.
Research compost teas.

brazel

brazel

I wouldn't grab just anyone's compost, you'll have no clue what's in it, unless they tell you.
Research compost teas.
I have researched, brewed and used a scope. AACT goes bad. Buy your stuff and put it under the scope, don't have one? Go to a university and use one.
Microbeman and Dr. Ingham, I've read

Freshone

Freshone

The build a soil will get better and better each run and the foxfarms will either need to be reamended or thrown out/reused outside after 1 run.Ive run both alot but run the coots mix in beds right now.Lights are your big limiting factor,especially the 4 bulb T5,315s or 600 would do you much better(or cobs if your a lotto winner).Agree with brazel about not using a chemical water conditioner,get a small boy to filter water and get the trays off the ground even if it's just a 2" piece of foam from home Depot,you don't want your roots getting cold from the floor,good luck!

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Research compost teas.
It’s a local spot by my house, I bought from them before, all organic, lots of love put into their work and they do it to help the Community. All the same I’m gonna deff research the teas. I’m listening to a podcast @brazel put me on to, it’s amazing the info the give

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

@brazel here the conditioner I’m using. Lmk what you think

D450286A E303 4AF6 80C6 8A48614A6A1F
brazel

brazel

I'd get a small boy with kdf85 Amazon $100. Or something similar that moves chloramine and chlorine.
I have no idea what multi part skin slime replacer and you definitely won't go in boost the alkalinity.
I wouldn't use that stuff.

You don't have to use a compost tea either as long as you keep a good watering technique but you can use one. I haven't used them in a long time

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

The build a soil will get better and better each run and the foxfarms will either need to be reamended or thrown out/reused outside after 1 run.Ive run both alot but run the coots mix in beds right now.Lights are your big limiting factor,especially the 4 bulb T5,315s or 600 would do you much better(or cobs if your a lotto winner).Agree with brazel about not using a chemical water conditioner,get a small boy to filter water and get the trays off the ground even if it's just a 2" piece of foam from home Depot,you don't want your roots getting cold from the floor,good luck!

I’m doing this grow to see how they differ in quality and yield. I’m running the T5 in veg and looking for a 600wHPS. I’m deff gonna get one before they go into the flower tent. I’ll go get some styrofoam in the morning, but one thing I have to add. Temps are actually too high in my space, I’m trying to figure out a way to cool it down. I’ll take a look into the water filters, not sure if I can afford a new one right now, maybe I can get a used one? Thanks for all the info! Please keep checking in on this grow as I could use all the input everyone has to offer!

Ceveres

Ceveres

I wouldn't personally use that. That's more for conditioning aquarium water. Might come in handy rocking aquaponics. These are what I have been looking in to. Small RO filters have too much waste water because there isn't enough pressure to be efficiant.
Ff507796c501a4ae61784c0610c562de
I think it was mentioned earlier. This or a whole house carbon filter would be perfect for what you're looking for.

The boogies are only about $35 btw

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

I'd get a small boy with kdf85 Amazon $100. Or something similar that moves chloramine and chlorine.
I have no idea what multi part skin slime replacer and you definitely won't go in boost the alkalinity.
I wouldn't use that stuff.

You don't have to use a compost tea either as long as you keep a good watering technique but you can use one. I haven't used them in a long time

Ok, I’m gonna spend some cash and get one, my wife’s gonna kill me lol but it’s for the best end result so if you think it’s better then the stuff I got, I’m all ears and will follow through !

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

I wouldn't personally use that. That's more for conditioning aquarium water. Might come in handy rocking aquaponics. These are what I have been looking in to. Small RO filters have too much waste water because there isn't enough pressure to be efficiant. View attachment 757058I think it was mentioned earlier. This or a whole house carbon filter would be perfect for what you're looking for.

Here is the other thing, I’m growing in a state that it’s not legal AND the water is shared, meaning it’s not in my grow space. I have to go into a hallway and fill up buckets in a slip sink. Will that still work?

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Also! My hydro store guy says he can get me a conditioner meant for these type of plants, so tomorrow I’ll go stop by and see if he can throw me a sample and gov me the name so I can pos it up here for you guys to check out

Ceveres

Ceveres

Here is the other thing, I’m growing in a state that it’s not legal AND the water is shared, meaning it’s not in my grow space. I have to go into a hallway and fill up buckets in a slip sink. Will that still work?
It screws on to your standard garden hose faucet, might be a little less conspicuous than lugging something larger around.

brazel

brazel

I wouldn't personally use that. That's more for conditioning aquarium water. Might come in handy rocking aquaponics. These are what I have been looking in to. Small RO filters have too much waste water because there isn't enough pressure to be efficiant. View attachment 757058I think it was mentioned earlier. This or a whole house carbon filter would be perfect for what you're looking for.

Ha I didn't see this before I posted a link

Top Bottom