Buildasoil vs FFOF Soil: Indoor Side By Side Organic Grow Review

• Thread starter Cityfarmin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

It screws on to your standard garden hose faucet, might be a little less conspicuous than lugging something larger around.

I don’t have a hose, I can’t. The slop sink is in the hallway of the building so if I run a hose people will ask questions and might contact the management of the building which could turn into a ugly situation

brazel

brazel

Maybe I can screw it the to faucet and then let it fill the buckets?
kitchen sinks have finer thread Big Tub like industrial or mop sinks normally have the same thread as garden hose. Nothing's written in stone though

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

kitchen sinks have finer thread Big Tub like industrial or mop sinks normally have the same thread as garden hose. Nothing's written in stone though

It’s a slop sink. I’m growing in a warehouse that was turned into a “artist studio” so all the sinks are in the hallways and are super big.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Just get one of those short connector hoses, some of those filters come with it. You can even screw a gun to it and fill your buckets.
71Pz8URJA9L SL1236

Brazel is right, most slop sinks like that have 3/4" threads, same as a garden hosr.

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Hey guys!

So I Dd some research on compost teas and found tons of info.

So the steps to making it go like this

Water in a bucket

Add compost that’s in a mesh and float the compost

Then add a it and it’s it brew for 36 hours.

Strain and foliage feed.

I know I need better guide lines so all I put would be great!

@brazel @Wisher619

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

you should run that BAS pot like 3-4x's then do this grow again after the soil food web has time to grow. Would be really intersting!

My seed already sprouted and I’m worrrd about moving it :/

brazel

brazel

Hey guys!

So I Dd some research on compost teas and found tons of info.

So the steps to making it go like this

Water in a bucket

Add compost that’s in a mesh and float the compost

Then add a it and it’s it brew for 36 hours.

Strain and foliage feed.

I know I need better guide lines so all I put would be great!

@brazel @Wisher619
My opinion this guy is the man on compost teas.

http://www.microbeorganics.com/

Dunge

Dunge

This might add to the conversation.
Super soil + weekly additions of:
A hand full of alfalfa, and kelp, and a pinch of rock phosphate, (+ an inoculant), into about three gallons of water in a bucket, daily additions of small dose of molasses, bubbled for five days, then split among the 25 large and small plants.
My latest inoculant is called Recharge, and my worm bin runoff is added as available.
It's an easy enough routine for me, and I get consistent results(high density microbial populations).

Ceveres

Ceveres

@Cityfarmin what @FunkyG meant is after about 3 grows, do the Fox farm side by side grow again because your BAS will have developed it's food web by then and it would be interesting to see the difference in a fresh BAS and a matured one vs Fox farm. Correct?

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

haha word . what do you mean by taking it out? What did Funky G say to do?

I’m not sure if I understood him right, but he said to do a few runs build the soil food web and then do the side by side grow

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

This might add to the conversation.
Super soil + weekly additions of:
A hand full of alfalfa, and kelp, and a pinch of rock phosphate, (+ an inoculant), into about three gallons of water in a bucket, daily additions of small dose of molasses, bubbled for five days, then split among the 25 large and small plants.
My latest inoculant is called Recharge, and my worm bin runoff is added as available.
It's an easy enough routine for me, and I get consistent results(high density microbial populations).

I’m new to true loving organic so I would like to touch more on this. Could you explain a little more?

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

@Cityfarmin what @FunkyG meant is after about 3 grows, do the Fox farm side by side grow again because your BAS will have developed it's food web by then and it would be interesting to see the difference in a fresh BAS and a matured one vs Fox farm. Correct?

Ahhh ok, yea I wasn’t sure what he meant, but if that wha he meant I’m all for doing that, I’ll do a few side by side grows over the next year, I have the time to do it and I’m all about research and learning :)

Dunge

Dunge

I’m new to true loving organic so I would like to touch more on this. Could you explain a little more?
I would be happy to go into detail, but my methods were arrived at by trial and error and laziness.

I could go into detail about the molasses additions.
I buy agricultural grade molasses from a Sportsman's Warehouse by the gallon.
Dissolve about 100 ml into a gallon of water.
Pour a glug in every morning before stirring with a stick.
A gallon lasts about three to four weeks.
So that's only about 5 ml. of molasses per daily glug into a three gallon batch.
I strive for microbial diversity, and a sugar driven yeast bloom can quickly dominate.
The populations are constantly shifting, and devilishly hard to classify under 200x.
I like motility in my microbes just because it makes them more fun to watch.
Haven't looked in some years, but I know they are there.
Perhaps I should look, as I have this new inoculant that I am liking the smell of.

I use the same formula, running Saturday to Wednesday.
Never wash anything.
The worm bin runoff (which sits next to the tea bucket) is a major player in the inoculation input.
And the Recharge is another constant source of multitudes.

Air stones get change out, and clean as best I can, when they grow clogged.
Letting them sit in water can clear them enough to get more use from.

What else?
My excuse for being so long winded is that local broadcasters have seen fit to offer no mid day football, and my garden is mostly caught up.

And I like your willingness to put significant effort into a long term project that is likely to yield useful insights.
Good on you.

Top Bottom