building a growbox,, heres what i got so far

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bgsixxxniner

nice box. i like it. thinkin bout building one about 5-6 ft high though, so i can put a 250-400hps in it. holla

mikeb437

mikeb437

Purpstickipunch,, check out my grow journal in the micro grow section. You can see what a box like this can do. I add new pics and posts every week of my grow.. And thanks everyone for checking out my thread!!!

H

him

i believe the reflective blankets they put into first aid kits are made of mylar, you can also buy replacement blankets at the store for a couple bux...53"x82" i just looked at the label and it says "alluminized polyester" , but it looks like mylar to me..

mikeb437

mikeb437

Just bought 10 blankets for 9 bux! Thanks for the great idea!!!!!

Tank333

Tank333

I would be careful with those blankets...

I'm not 100% on this, but I had heard that there was an issue a few years (or more) back with the mylar coating inside some tents off-gassing noxious fumes and killing plants. I would be a bit worried that those blankets may be made of the same material...

I may be completely off base here, but that's just my thought on those blankets.

As for your box, its VERY nice, especially since you don't have any carpentry skills... lol

H

him

i'm pretty sure your thinking about somthing else...these blankets are made mainly as an insulator to retain body heat..and i doubt his growroom is gonna go above 98.6..but they work fine for my stuff...soon i'll post up some homemade adjust-w-wing reflectors i got in the planning stages..

mikeb437

mikeb437

Thanks guys,, I do have a grow going on in this box. Check it out in the micro grow section. Should be one of the top posts.. I update every week,, gonna update tomorrow too

Top Bottom