Building A Sealed Room And I Have A Question About Drywall.

• Thread starter UrsaMajor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All due respect but you seem like a retarded asshole with poor English skills.
Mellow man, we're all here to help each other. Everyone's here to learn from others mistakes and knowledge Ggnomes a little rough around the edges but he grows on you as you get to know him.

Homesteader

Homesteader

No OSB because its a fire hazard and probably the off gassing as well.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Why does he have to insult me for asking questions?

My reach is over 9' and I am a powerlifter. 52 pounds is nothing unless you are a gnome.

Your reading skills suck to dude? I specifically said I don't own the tools to build. I own zero power tools because I'm intelligent enough to have never had to work manual labor.

Thank you for the answer I'm looking for

lol i guess flipping burgers really isn't manual labour just repetitive anyways goof take another needle in the ass i am out of here

Mellow man, we're all here to help each other. Everyone's here to learn from others mistakes and knowledge Ggnomes a little rough around the edges but he grows on you as you get to know him.

sorta like me hey diesel :)

U

UrsaMajor

Make sure you come back here and tell us how many sheets you crack over your head. Lift things up, things crack down.

Because you care so much, I was planning on just renting a drywall hoist for $4/hr at home depot. I choose to work smarter not harder.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Vulkem is an exterior product and is only recommend with proper ventilation.

G gnome

G gnome

Why does he have to insult me for asking questions?

My reach is over 9' and I am a powerlifter. 52 pounds is nothing unless you are a gnome.

Your reading skills suck to dude? I specifically said I don't own the tools to build. I own zero power tools because I'm intelligent enough to have never had to work manual labor.

Thank you for the answer I'm looking for
Brawny and brainy huh? Ur quite the catch.......stick around ull learn to luv me....and if ya play cards right I'll teach ya how to grow some good pot...hahah

PS.....i never insulted u. U just sed uv never done manual labor so essentially i was correct in my assumption that ur not very handy.....

And by the way...i work circles around u body builder types hahaha....i worked w a few body builders and what i noticed is.....theyre strong as fuck ....for about 5 minutes and then they die on ya...they have no stamina hahah

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Why no osb? Offgassing?
OSB IS A BAD DEAL FOR ANYONE USING IT IN CONSTRUCTION! Shred up a tree then make a 4x8 piece of wood using wood chips and glue. Not good. If I could show you the shit over the years I've seen from OSB being exposed to moisture, sun any elements you can think of it would blow your mind. The reason why it's cheap to buy is because it's garbage.

Homesteader

Homesteader

No I think it is refering to the off gassing that takes place after the fact not during application.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Brawny and brainy huh? Ur quite the catch.......stick around ull learn to luv me....and if ya play cards right I'll teach ya how to grow some good pot...haha

PS.....i never insulted u. U just sed uv never done manual labor so essentially i was correct in my assumption that ur not very handy.....

And by the way...i work circles around u body builder types hahaha....i worked w a few body builders and what i noticed is.....theyre strong as fuck ....for about 5 minutes and then they die on ya...they have no stamina hahah

Yeah i here you on that used to love knocking them out at the bars. oh them days smashing a bottle over there heads or even better as they play the tough guy the head bunt to the nose they drop like twigs just intime for to boots to the side of the head and then 911

G gnome

G gnome

No I think it is refering to the off gassing that takes place after the fact not during application.
Agreed.

I wud be tempted to use flashing tape on the seams if i was hell bent against tape n mud

G gnome

G gnome

Yeah i here you on that used to love knocking them out at the bars. oh them days smashing a bottle over there heads or even better as they play the tough guy the head bunt to the nose they drop like twigs just intime for to boots to the side of the head and then 911
Ya got me all wrong pal....

I dont go to bars....

I wud just demoralize em by high stepping around em in circles while carrying 2 sheets of 3/4 tonge n groove plywood while they're standin in the shade drinking water on a 90 deg day hahah askin em "what happened man u ate 6 cans of tuna and 3 hard boiled eggs for lunch?"

Homesteader

Homesteader

When vulkem cures there is no off gassing. Take 12 hours for vulkem to cure.
I didn't realize that but the products says interior use only if well ventilated. I would assume they werent talking about just during curing. Either way you still lose your fire rating no? So why use it unless you are a roofer who has some laying around? Joint tape, a bag of compound and a knife gets you to the same results with fire protection.

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Purpletrain is right about the greenboard though....You could prob get away with just the bottom sheets but if you are going to the trouble to do the room..

G gnome

G gnome

I didn't realize that but the products says interior use only if well ventilated. I would assume they werent talking about just during curing. Either way you still lose your fire rating no? So why use it unless you are a roofer who has some laying around? Joint tape, a bag of compound and a knife gets you to the same results with fire protection.
Fire caulk?

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Wentworth There is a reason the cover framing with sheetrock. Painted greenboard is the best option...period.

Top Bottom