Bulb Mites?? WTF!?

• Thread starter Blue Dog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikenite69

Mikenite69

I was like everyone else I tried everything I was writing on my tablet and it kept pissing me off so I didn't list everything I tried. Azamax no affect , captn jacks no affects and even tried to torch the bastards with a BBQ torch till no affects. Then on top of the bulb mites I got fungus gnats from same block of coco. I looked everywhere for a solution to the white bugs like I said most people on forums said most likely beneficial soil mites.

Then when I noticed my plants vigor and health were starting to look shitty I looked into this issue more and came to the conclusion of bulb mites. So to try to kill the fungus gnat issue along with the bulb mites I just picked up the dunks and insecticidal soap to do a drench I can honestly say I haven't seen these little bastards floating on top of my coco anymore or fungus gnats. I hope this will work for the rest of you guys out there.

My plants have showed a total night and day vigor from before. They still show signs of deficiencies but I am sure it will take them time to rebound back to perfect health from the damage these little bastards have caused but I can say for certain all new growth looks great and plants are showing vigor once again. It's been about 2 weeks since I have seen these and used the dunks and soap so I expect in a week or so more plants will be back to perfect health since all plant growth has been nice and green since I don't see these little fucks anymore.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I do not and have not had bulb mites...that I am aware of anyway

But I use dipel pro (BT) on my outdoor every year, so for safety sake I will do a root drench today with some bt

I have been dealing with russet mites though, and so far met 52 ec seems to be doing the trick for those tiny fucks

K

knubs

Hey Mikenite69, did you identify the bulb mites with a microscope? I tried BT I and K many times with no luck when I had them.
also it seems unlikely that you would get them from a brick of coco. They like wet environments with lots of roots to eat. A coco block has nothing for them. Are you sure it wasn't spring tails? Did they hop at all? And how fast were they? Bulb mites are pretty slow to the naked eye

Mikenite69

Mikenite69

They were 10000% bulb mites. Springtails are longer and faster moving. These things I can tell you were 100% in my block coco. I expanded it (moisture) and it sat for a few days until I actually got to use it and it was wet. Now I identified them with a 60x scope because like I said when I would water I would see these things floating on top of the coco and I started looking at the coco and I could see these white specs moving on top of the coco. They were clear looking almost see through bugs with bulb style body's. They also looked as if they had antennae's that seemed to constantly move.

Well like I said I used a combo of mosquito dunks and insecticidal soap and these little fucks live no more along with the fungus gnats. So my suggestion would be to use the combo. If you need the exact brand of dunks and insecticidal soap that I used I'll put that information up but I can say for sure I had bulb mites. If you look at the mag forum you will see in the dud identification thread a dude posted the bulb mites with a USB scope on a piece of potato skin that is exactly what I had. His were the only pics that showed me exactly what my bugs were. There was no other information I could find on these bugs when doing a google search describing this bug.

K

knubs

you didn't have bulb mites. For one they die with out high levels of moisture (info from the owner of a beneficial insect company). second, the same owner told me that there are no products on the market labeled for bulb mites and no known bacterial or fungal threats (ie BT). Third, they live in soil and can not live in pure coco. Putting my moms in pure coco saved me when I had them. Forth , bulb mites don't have antennas.

check out the link below and scroll to the bulb mite section. They have a great close up pic of a bulb mite. If I remember right, that pic originated from UC Davis.
http://entomology.osu.edu/bugdoc/Shetlar/462/462_GreenH08/GHP04.htm

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

you didn't have bulb mites. For one they die with out high levels of moisture (info from the owner of a beneficial insect company). second, the same owner told me that there are no products on the market labeled for bulb mites and no known bacterial or fungal threats (ie BT). Third, they live in soil and can not live in pure coco. Putting my moms in pure coco saved me when I had them. Forth , bulb mites don't have antennas.

check out the link below and scroll to the bulb mite section. They have a great close up pic of a bulb mite. If I remember right, that pic originated from UC Davis.
http://entomology.osu.edu/bugdoc/Shetlar/462/462_GreenH08/GHP04.htm

Awesome info knubs.

Going to be transferring all my moms to coco!

K

knubs

I just found out I've had bulb/broad mites for the last three years. My plants were so mutated and fucked up that I threw a bunch away. I posted about it here : https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/bizarre-plant-mutation-mosaic-virus-or.61742/

I had a 300x scope and I saw lots of little globes, but I assumed those were resin glands as I couldn't see any legs or antennae.

Now I know :nailbiting:

bulb mites don't live on the leaves so much. They hang out in the roots. They are very visible to the naked eye. Put a slice of raw potato with skin on the soil surface and wait 12-24 hours and check it. If you see white mites then you might have them. Your plants look revegged some how. Are you sure you have a trust worthy timer? Do the potato check and let us know what you find. Good luck!

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

bulb mites don't live on the leaves so much. They hang out in the roots. They are very visible to the naked eye. Put a slice of raw potato with skin on the soil surface and wait 12-24 hours and check it. If you see white mites then you might have them. Your plants look revegged some how. Are you sure you have a trust worthy timer? Do the potato check and let us know what you find. Good luck!

Yes, believe me I went over everything 3 times to sort this out with no luck. The symptoms seem very consistent with bulb mites and/or broad mites. I will do that potato check, thanks!

I

ilaughlast

wait......... bulb mite or broad mites? that would be like saying i have some habenero/jalepeno peppers. where did you find the globes? roots or leaves?

L

larebowm

f1-p17.jpg

Top Bottom