Bulk Rosin Bags?

• Thread starter dab science
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can do 1 squish on a 3g nug and get everything out with 1 press. 2o ton and 5x7 plates ftmfw. I did go back to 3x5 plates.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Anyone use ptfe paper vs parchment?
Ptfe is a huge cost vs parchment.

D

dab science

I can do 1 squish on a 3g nug and get everything out with 1 press. 2o ton and 5x7 plates ftmfw. I did go back to 3x5 plates.
I'm useing the 3x5 low temps with a 20 ton press have you seen the multiple plate set up for 1 20 ton ram?there super expensive tho like 3 or 4 grand or something? Do you feel the 3x 4 plates are better than the 5x7?

D

dab science

I put parchment over my plates might help with your scratches. I agree also if pressing buds, you only need parchment.
I always use parchment paper it seems to rip through the parchment and scratch the plates with metal screens half the time

D

dab science

You might be able to get more seriously try it before you knock it... I really think nuggets being able to expand outwards creates loss to the nug itself and I'm sure you will lose some to the bag as well but I'm thinking multiple nuggets will squeeze more oil with a bag cuz the bag can only hold so much oil so less loss to nuggets cuz there not expanding and only so much to the bag which becomes minimal with the factor of there being a bunch of buds squeezing at once compared to the loss to the nug itself without the bag it's really a residual loss threshold thing the bag can only soak up so much

D

dab science

Like say I press 7 nugs on parchment I'll have residual loss seven times where if I bag it I only lose residual one time or am I crazy what do you think

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@ dab science

With the 5x7 and using my baggies, I found the rosin to cook on the larger plates and not wanting to tull from the parchment. Never a prob with 3x5 plates

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Anything you use to press will guaranteed to leave rosin residue minuet silicone pads. Which you can use for pressing.

D

dab science

Hate this autocorrect crap

Minus not minuet

Can = cant
I mean my way you get more of it the first press and less when I repress multiple teabags stacked on each other seems to work well for me as I got a 25% total if you don't repress you should try it at slightly higher temps you will def get more oil that's a lower grade but I want to leave as little waste as I can to keep my percentages as high as possible

D

dab science

Especially the first press ratio compared to the second press ratio

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

More heat = less flavor but more stable

Less heat = more flavor, but less stable.

I've used both 3x5 and 5x7. Both with the same kief from the same teim, same baggies, same temps (both 225 and 220). Yeilds are the same, quality is different. I've got my tek down solid, like my grows, iso and qwet washes, bubble hash making, tinctures, salves, topical rubs making.

Only think I've yet to dial in or even do is blasting bho.

D

dab science

I've used both 3x5 and 5x7. Both with the same kief from the same teim, same baggies, same temps (both 225 and 220). Yeilds are the same, quality is different. I've got my tek down solid, like my grows, iso and qwet washes, bubble hash making, tinctures, salves, topical rubs making.

If I press something at a lower temp it's definitely the way to go but not repressing at a higher temp is just wasteful .....and if you pressed 2 separate bags one time one at a low temp and one at a higher temp you deft get more of a yield at a higher temp ....repressing at a higher temp is for getting what you left behind only not for bragging rights the bragging rights stuff is with the first low temp press which doesn't give you your total possible yield....

D

dab science

Fuck bho I hope that industry dies I wanna look in to short path distillation for my next endeavors as I can take all this second press stuff and run it through that and end up with some thc isolates that look fire colored

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

All my old used pressed baggies and flower pucks go into my iso wash half gal jars. I'm stingy. If I spend money growing it, I want every g I can get out of it.

D

dab science

All my old used pressed baggies and flower pucks go into my iso wash half gal jars. I'm stingy. If I spend money growing it, I want every g I can get out of it.
I'm with it I will definitely do that after i repress

Top Bottom