Bunkerkings Auto Flower Breeding Project

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

My germ rate is total dog shit. 2 out of 6. :( Hoping it's because they are still fresh.

Got hybrid vigor though.

LRM 20210425 074545

bunkerking

bunkerking

germ rate has improved. I think the problem is just not being fully dry yet.

The ones that didnt want to sprout did after cracking them.

A few of ones i planted in the dirt finally sprouted.

So thats good news. Live and learn, ill do a better job of drying out the next set.

we are now in a personal hell lol. ChemP is about to start dropping pollen, and allergies.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Here is the fruit of my labor. Bk skunk. She looks very similar to the mom. The leaf structure a lot better-looking.

Both are sativa leaning so far.

LRM 20210509 105553

bunkerking

bunkerking

Not looking super great for ChemP pollen. Its producing so little, and I dont see any dead pistils on the critical auto. I am going to really let the pollen sacks mature, and collect a ton of them. Before trying to process it and hope for the best.

Not the end of the world. More a lesson of why STS is better than CS. At-least we got NL pollen, hopefully its still good.

Critical Mass Auto is in early flower, maybe 10 more days and I'll dust it with pollen.

bunkerking

bunkerking

How about that. I got a bunch of pollen. Here is a tip for fem pollen breeders.

Collect the pollen sacks. Give them at-least 24 hours to dry.
Over a fine screen, break apart all of the pollen sacks.
Give it another 24 hours to dry out more.
Then dry shift the banana's over the screen.

This will really help the banana's release all of the pollen.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Bk skunk is super healthy and vigorous. Yay. Happy papa bear. It's such an awesome feeling to watch these grow.

20210513 114214

bunkerking

bunkerking

potential issue with the NL pollen. Might have gotten moisture. Doesn't look like any pistils are dying. I hit it again with around round of "cleaner" pollen.
I guess if it doesnt take, we can just toss some ChemP pollen on it.

and we take it as a lesson, and do more to protect pollen from moisture.

will know in a few days.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Had the same issue recently, glad I chose to reveg the males instead of tossing them. Gonna start doing layers of silica packing to store pollen in the future.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Had the same issue recently, glad I chose to reveg the males instead of tossing them. Gonna start doing layers of silica packing to store pollen in the future.
Yah I will be moving from rice to silica. The chemP pollen likely will get wet as well. Maybe not, I did put them in a better sealed jar this time.

On the bright side. I kept some chemP pollen to toss on the critical plant. Ill get some NL seeds but mostly ChemP.
Its not like im selling them, they are for me. Who cares lol. They will be a few surprise nl seeds.

Im thinking that took, we will see. Critical Chem sounds nice. Its super piney, should blend well with chemPs lemon profile.

My BK skunk is kicking ass. Holy beans. F1's are really the cats pajamas.

I will also have to reverse one more plant to pollinate the summer plants. Thinking Grand daddy purple will work with everything.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Bk skunk is a champ. It's a bigger healthier royal dwarf. How neat! Just like they said about f1s.

Does look like we will get seeds. It will be a mix of critical x nl & chem. Learned a new lesson lol.

20210525 081552

Is it bad If i wanna be greedy and keep f1's to myself lol.
Nah, Ill share them. Ill just do some f2 lines as well to hand out.
Then they are at-least tested somewhat.

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh I can somewhat isolate the NL seeds from the critical plant. They will be the 1st set to mature.
Then the ChemP seeds will be the next set. About a 1-2 week gap between the two.

Better than nothing lol.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Did a little happy dance. My friend had 100% germ rate on the 4 seeds she started. So happy to hear that.
Looks like they just really need to dry out.

You can crack them manually if you want to test them earlier than that.
The more you kno.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Critical is almost about done. Maybe 10-14 days before seeds start maturing all the way.

20210530 102443

She has a lovely pine smell.

bunkerking

bunkerking

All the seeds are starting to mature at the same time so I'm guessing most of it is chem.

LRM 20210603 114301

bunkerking

bunkerking

Sadly lost 3 freebie seeds due to the rain, in my outdoor grow.
More of a reason to keep breeding. Shit happens.

I got 2 of out 4 to sprout so far. Hopefully the other two will sprout.
If not, I got 3 more homegrown seeds as back up soaking right now.
Don't mind losing those if the others do sprout.

The beans from the critical seed run plant are huge!
Even 50 seeds and im happy. Got about 10 right now...
The others have about 10 days left.

I also ordered some of my FAV seeds ever. S.A.D by sweet seeds. Its fantastic.
I dont plan on hybridizing it, just going to self it. I'm happy with how it is now.
That will be my project for the winter.
For $26 dollars ill get 3 sad seeds, 1 sweet seed freebie, and 1 NASC freebie.
Not a bad deal.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Outdoor garden is looking nice. Have a mix of strains growing. Waiting for the friend who is growing bk skunk to send a update photo.

Here is my bk skunk I'm growing for my personal stash. Just fimmed it. Weather looks decent this week. Fingers crossed.

LRM 20210705 140502

And some welcomed friends.

LRM 20210705 140601

Top Bottom