Bunkerkings Auto Flower Breeding Project

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

@Poekie so you do auto breeding as well?

Also - we are up to around 45 seeds now lol, crazy didnt expect that many. Still got at-least another 20 left on the plant still maturing.

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

Hehe it looks funny.

LRM 20210413 191940

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
@Poekie so you do auto breeding as well?

Also - we are up to around 45 seeds now lol, crazy didnt expect that many. Still got at-least another 20 left on the plant still maturing.
Hi there, yes for quite a few years now making different auto crosses.
Every year adding some new ones, keeping the best and getting rid of the rest.

So about your seeds that dont germinate, maybe this is helpful.

After harvesting and drying the plants i start taking the seeds out, if humidity is high i switch on the dehumidifier, then they go through the checking part.

I never take seeds out of a living plant, always first harvest and dry.

All seeds, once dry, i slightly press with my finger, if they break they were empty or not fully developed.
I repeat that process 2 or 3 times until no seeds break.

By then my seed check finger is usually starting to hurt.
But i love it when someone tells me from 100 of my seeds, all 100 germinated.

Not saying this is the best way, it just works well for me.

Moshmen

Moshmen

BK, have you run any of @Poekie 's stuff? There are some rave reviews of his Magnum auto crosses around here.
I’ll vouch for both ya all! @Poekies magnum auto nice smoke ! Hell everything I’ve grown out from poekie has been better than any commercial autos I’ve bought! Love this guys gear!

and so far everything I’ve dropped only bout 10 beans but all ten germinated from @Kanzeon 100% couple months we will try the ends results ! Lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

After harvesting and drying the plants i start taking the seeds out, if humidity is high i switch on the dehumidifier, then they go through the checking part.

All seeds, once dry, i slightly press with my finger, if they break they were empty or not fully developed.

Couple of @Poekie Neville a few weeks away , if these were outside or in bigger space they would be massive autos!

9E435E24 2C2B 4175 BD12 0C8E3C9D3D16
099F7B5E 0675 461A BD0F A8DE7D50CD07
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Couple of @Poekie Neville a few weeks away , if these were outside or in bigger space they would be massive autos!
Looking real good again @Moshmen and thanks for all the positive feedback !
Gotta make some new Nevil seeds soon, this time will count exactly how many days from start to finish, and will try a better smell description with the diagram from @Kanzeon
Always room for improvement !

Moshmen

Moshmen

Looking real good again @Moshmen and thanks for all the positive feedback !
Gotta make some new Nevil seeds soon, this time will count exactly how many days from start to finish, and will try a better smell description with the diagram from @Kanzeon
Always room for improvement !
Neville running approximately 100 days from seed some longer, well worth the wait!

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Neville running approximately 100 days from seed some longer, well worth the wait!
Ok thanks man, mine finished quite a bit faster last season, of course no 18 hours of sunlight outside, and temp close to 40°C, maybe that is what makes them finish quicker outside ?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Nice work BK free seeds are the best kind! Lol IMO - I’ll be curious to see the auto flower rate? I mean just cuz ya breed 2 autos together doesn’t mean you get 100% auto seeds does it? Something bout recessive genes?

When crossing autos, you get 100% auto's.

Also Thanks!! Really happy with the results as well.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Nice, thanks dude. Hopefully they will sprout. I put some more in the soil to test.

bunkerking

bunkerking

1st seed popped out a tap root, yay. Just took longer than expected. I feel like new seeds are more sensitive to temps, so they dont sprout during the fall. Still pretty cold here in the pnw.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Up to around 70 seeds wow. Maybe another 15-20 "good" seeds left on the plant maturing.
Ill be giving 4 friends free 10 packs and keeping the rest for myself.
I think that's pretty fair.

Will share my stash of course if any more local people need it, and will have more seeds to share after we finish the critical cross.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Final count - just over 100 good seeds. 🕺🕺🕺 Crazy, I was expect like 20 or so.
I'll got seeds for days! Can only grow 4 at a time, will last me forever.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Chem p is looking a bit upset from the cs treatment. It's gonna look pissy till I stop spraying it.

Critical mass is showing some beautiful sativa like leafs. Sucks to cross it with heavy indica but w.e.

LRM 20210416 183532

bunkerking

bunkerking

Nope. Honestly I've had fresh seeds be stupid vigorous (like the Col'Jam Bastard seeds that fell off of the mom, germinated, and grew in the same pot as the mom for 4-5 weeks before getting its own container).

As long as the temps and moisture level are right, they'll pop. It can take a few days to a week sometimes.

@Kanzeon Are you sure that wasnt just due to them being in the soil for awhile, and or the constant dry/wet cycles from having the mom drinking it quickly? I am still waiting on fresh beans to sprout from a week ago.

The one I pulled out of the freezer cracked in 2 days like most do. From what ive read online, alot of people tend to have low germ rates on super fresh beans. Still thinking they need to fully dry out over 2-3 weeks or apparently a big temp swing from cold to warm.

I popped another freezer bean in the water yesterday, shall see if it cracks quickly.

bunkerking

bunkerking

It would make sense for the seeds to have some kind of delay method to prevent them from geminating too early.

Yah I am thinking there is something to that. From what ive read fresh beans tends to give people issues.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh ChemP put out its first set of balls today as well.
Gotta keep an eye on critical mass now, take her to my friends once she shows sex.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I'm gonna guess this is what a few hours of sunlight a few times a week will do. The chem p is massive compared to the rest. hybrid vigor as well.

Critical mass just got topped as well. I have not given it much sun, want it to grow slower and sex later.
LRM 20210422 083723

Top Bottom