Bunkerkings Auto Flower Breeding Project

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Give them at least 5 to 6 weeks from when you pollinated them 👍

Being im running them under such low wattage, i am going to likely add 2-3 weeks on that. Just due to the slow growth. Ill mostly be watching for pods splitting and brown seeds. Then ill add another week on top of that and cut.
Ideally cutting before they start dropping, but close.

But looking good, and sounds good on timeframe. Dusted it once last time yesterday.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Thought you all might like to know what pollen looks like. Its not yellow. Its a clear round ball when fresh, and kind of looks like sugar when its fully dried. They are tiny, like 0.0007" big. Some of these plants just dont produce much pollen after being reversed, alf being one of them.

Polllllllllen

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Being im running them under such low wattage, i am going to likely add 2-3 weeks on that. Just due to the slow growth. Ill mostly be watching for pods splitting and brown seeds. Then ill add another week on top of that and cut.

But looking good, and sounds good on timeframe. Dusted it once last time yesterday.
Something I've just learned in my very brief time doing this is that you need to keep giving them a little nitrogen throughout flower when they are carrying seeds. 👍🌱

bunkerking

bunkerking

Something I've just learned in my very brief time doing this is that you need to keep giving them a little nitrogen throughout flower when they are carrying seeds. 👍🌱

hmmm. James of loud seeds said to give them more of a veg level of N if you are making seeds.
Would you mind explaining why you think less N is best for seed breeding? Open to the idea, just need some feedback.

bunkerking

bunkerking

So far my lady is craving Cal and N. Making some adjustments, hopefully finish strong.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Red light doesn't cause a unhealthy stretch? Wut? Have we been lied too so we buy more light bulbs?

LRM 20210112 074121

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

From my experience, one of the most foolproof ways to know if a seed is done is if the pod around it turns brown while the plant is still alive. Sometimes the pods will split and the seed will look brown on the top, but isn't finished on the bottom. Trust me, there are fewer feelings worse than pulling seeds that you've made too early.

bunkerking

bunkerking

I hope it works out. This is all just practice regardless. If anything, I know i can reverse autos under a t5. Making it easier to separate them in the future. Hopefully once I get work and find a new place. I can really attack it.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah i could see why you would want to go 5-6 weeks. If you dust it early... The young calyx's have to grow, and transition into seed production.

Compared to what Mandalorian genetics does.. He waits till the female plants are more mature before pollination, and says 3-4 weeks is ok after dusting.

Plant responded well to calmag, so thats good news. Should stay healthy till the end. I know ill get a few good seeds, but just how many?

bunkerking

bunkerking

From my experience, one of the most foolproof ways to know if a seed is done is if the pod around it turns brown while the plant is still alive. Sometimes the pods will split and the seed will look brown on the top, but isn't finished on the bottom. Trust me, there are fewer feelings worse than pulling seeds that you've made too early.

Would you recommend I just pluck off the early seed pods that have started to die off. Until more of the plant is ready, then chop? @Kanzeon

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You can leave them alone until the whole plant is harvested and dried. They will all come falling out very easy once its dried. You did a good job those seeds look fully matured and healthy.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Would you recommend I just pluck off the early seed pods that have started to die off. Until more of the plant is ready, then chop? @Kanzeon

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do.

That Col'Jam got pollenated early in flower, and the seeds were ready weeks before the plant is. But especially with shorter flowering strains I let the seeded buds go longer. The Lambsbread x AK49 finished in about 11 weeks, but the seeded pods needed another 2 or 3 so I chopped the tops off and let tthe seeds finish;

It's easier to see the seed pods with offset tweezers than with straight ones, as well.

bunkerking

bunkerking

You can leave them alone until the whole plant is harvested and dried. They will all come falling out very easy once its dried. You did a good job those seeds look fully matured and healthy.

Gosh i wish that was mine. Video is from 2012.

bunkerking

bunkerking

LRM 20210115 104025

Hmmm. 3500k isn't stretching out the seeding at all. I think a 315w mh with uv would really be ideal for autos for my setup.

Low watt but I can run it 24/7 during the winter for heat. :D

bunkerking

bunkerking

I think what we will do is practice with these plants I have going.
Save up for some craft breeder auto seeds. Like Humboldt, ethos, night owl, rocbudinc.
Gives me 4-5months to save up abit.

Because I cant really do much for selective breeding.
I need to just start with the best, and try to improve it.
Then I will have something worthy of spending my time on over the years.
I just want to find two unique breeders to get the most hybrid vigor.

Id love something chem and lavender.

Top Bottom