Cab build,and grow show 101

• Thread starter E.C.U.G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Got a lil update for everyone.got the false drawers done today.minus the knobs and such.

DSC00647 Small

This first pic shows the 3/8" craft wood that i will be using to create a lip on the inside of the front of the cab so the false drawers have something to sit against,and also to make it light tight.

DSC00648 Small

DSC00649 Small

The next two show how i left 3/4 of an inch over hang to create the lip.

DSC00651 Small

Next i cut 4 pieces of 1" by 8" to 29 3/4".these will make the drawer fronts.

DSC00652 Small

DSC00653 Small

I hit the drawers with the router to give them some character.

DSC00654 Small

I cut 3 more boards at 25 1/4" 1"by 6 ".these will make up the backs of the false drawers.

DSC00655 Small

DSC00656 Small

Next you need to find the centers of each of the boards.

DSC00660 Small

Next after finding the centers you need to measure 3/4" both ways on the backing boards.that way it will leave 1 1/2" between each drawer front.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
man this thing is gonna look nice. great work so far mang. i love the bat show.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
DSC00661 Small

ok im back.you can see in this pic how the center lines were drawn on also the3/4" marks from center.

DSC00663 Small

Now attach the drawers by lineing up the center on the drawer with the back board center.and also line up the 3/4 line with the drawer,and screw fast.this is the only part ive used screws on.

DSC00664 Small

Heres back view for reference!

DSC00665 Small 2

DSC00666 Small

I finished attaching the back boards to the false drawers to make it complete.

DSC00667 Small

Heres one with the front off

DSC00668 Small

DSC00669 Small

And two more with the door installed.it just sits in there tight for now till i get locks on.

Thats it for today hope you all enjoy

Later KMK

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
:) im really lookin forward to seeing what it looks like all stained. seriously beautiful work brutha.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Im thinking of staining it a dark mahogany color with about 3 coats of poly.should bring everything out real nice im thinking bro.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
that would be a very slick look. i have alot of guitars with the same stain.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Its a great flick for sure man. I wish i had the money for the materials so i could be building one right now. Im really surprised that the whole site seems kinda slow latley.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

That is one bad ass grow cab!
You put alot of work into her.
What kind of lights you going to use?

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
That is one bad ass grow cab!
You put alot of work into her.
What kind of lights you going to use?

This is just a mom cab scarhole.im gonna run and led in there.thanks for stopping by bro.

KMK

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up KMK?i like it ALOTT!!dark mahogony and 3 coats of poly would definetly bring out the beauty of that fine piece of furniture. great work. wish i could find guys like you to hire. gotta do alll the thinkin myself. its hard being smart and good with every tool i pick up. lol cant wait to see more of this cabinet in action.. peacentreez

waayne

waayne

That cab is so sweet!
That's gonna be really nice
finished in dark mahogany ;)
nice work bro.

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
whats up KMK?i like it ALOTT!!dark mahogony and 3 coats of poly would definetly bring out the beauty of that fine piece of furniture. great work. wish i could find guys like you to hire. gotta do alll the thinkin myself. its hard being smart and good with every tool i pick up. lol cant wait to see more of this cabinet in action.. peacentreez

Wow thanks daze.that means alot.glad your liking i so far.

KMK:hi

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
That cab is so sweet!
That's gonna be really nice
finished in dark mahogany ;)
nice work bro.

My bro waayne.glad you like it man.its taking a lil longer than i thought,but i got a lil time off now so ill be at it hard the next two weeks.thanks for stopping by bro.

Later KMK

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I can see this being appraised at Antique Roadshow in 2212. This is an early 21st century, Pennsylvania or possibly N.Y, mahogany finish grow box. This is an exceptionally well made piece. These are quite rare and with the original patina is valued at $150,000.

We have been getting some mighty fine rain and sun days KMK.

Top Bottom