Caged

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What kind of support are you using for your UC?

• Total voters
Amber

Amber

This is actually a conversation I started in response to a question about my use of cages with my UC. I figured I would make it a thread so everyone could see it.
  1. So here are some pics for ya of the cages they were pretty much effortless aside from putting them on. I did not want to hijack the thread, but I like to show the pictures to anyone willing to look.
    caged11-jpg.330726
    caged12-jpg.330727
    caged13-jpg.330728
    caged14-jpg.330729
    caged15-jpg.330730
    caged01-jpg.330716
    caged03-jpg.330718
    caged04-jpg.330719
    caged05-jpg.330720
    caged06-jpg.330721
    caged07-jpg.330722
    caged08-jpg.330723
    caged12-jpg.330727
    caged13-jpg.330728
    caged14-jpg.330729
    caged15-jpg.330730

"Without love in a dream it will never come true."​
    Be good or be good at it.
    Amber, Saturday at 9:18 AM Report

2. UCMETOO Active Farmer
    Wow ~ You deserve your own thread! Your work makes some of the loud talkers around here look silly!
    Ok, you have my attention,......no doubt. Hey do you mind if invite BABYHUGHIE to the conversation he would be blown away at your pics, as am I.

Am i looking at a room with 12 or 16 plants? and how many watts thru how many fixtures? Sq.footage/ head hight? and of course what kind of centers do you have those girls on?​
    "Without love in the dream it'll never come true"
    UCMETOO, Saturday at 1:14 PM Report

3. Amber Well-Known Farmer
    Yeah invite anyone you like. 16 plants,
    dscn0649-jpg.330807

9k over the top in 3 rows of 3 air cooled. We did have some 600's dropped in for some of the run which is how we bleached out the tips. By the time they finished we had I think 4 600's around the outside did not really have them on all the time. It was a new thing for us and we were working on how best to use the vertical bare bulbs. The centers I think are 30" centers the stock system basically this was our first run in it. We had done a diy system trying to save some money prior. Bad bad plan. Was super excited to get the system. The room is basically our garage converted.
    rough_plan-jpg.330809

The head space is definitely not enough not to mention we had to build a platform for the system because the floor was so unlevel. We did some small upgrades to the system like we used 2 air stones in each bucket. Did this basically because we had our air pumps outside of the room because we were told we had to have them outside the room if we ran co2 so we tried to compensate for the distance with 2 stones per bucket and upgraded air pumps. We are now told that it is not necessary to put the pumps outside of the room so we have moved them back in but we will see how that goes.

We have now finished our first round of customizations (because we were so happy with the system we figured what the hell lets cut it into a whole bunch of pieces and put it back together the way we would like now)
    dsc00296-jpg.330808

dsc00299-jpg.330811

So now we are at just under 50" like 48" I think they ended up being. Also have wider space between the rows and a larger center aisle to get around in the room and to make it possible for a few 600 verts. I still cant believe we cut up our brand new system but we just are not the type of people that decrease light. Also added some t5's to the walls which we are up against all the way around now pretty much.

I am particularly interested in your short plants and how they do in the system because I know the one customization I really need is the one I did not do which would be to tear the roof off the motha fucka. I dream of 12 foot ceilings like most girls dream about Brad Pitt. Really though, "without love in a dream it will never come true."​
    Amber, Saturday at 2:59 PM Report

4. babyhughie586 Active Farmer
    Beautiful work my friend.. Very clean.. Everyone and anyone would be happy looking at those ladies​
    babyhughie586, Yesterday at 2:41 PM Report

5. UCMETOO Active Farmer
    Sorry i was so slow getting back to you, actually i wrote you a nice long reply then forgot to post it, found the forgotten post and tried to re-post it but was no longer logged in! Classic sunday behavior for me.....
    letting the 6 year old run rough-shot over the grownups and getting all spunion. Hey so i want to know how tall your space is to the lenses on the lights, and if you got an # per cage,......or whatever.
    Also those look like the 13gl version, right? since i'm using the 8gl buckets im curious about how much water your using a week? You ever concider going with caps bennies and no CS Roots?​
    "Without love in the dream it'll never come true"
    UCMETOO, Yesterday at 4:05 PM Report

6. Amber Well-Known Farmer
    LOL I do that all the time with not being logged in anymore. Makes me so mad I usually never send what I going say. The ceiling height is like 9ft we have platform built about 6 inches tall. The cages are 5ft tall so I'm thinking its like 6ft or so to the lens. The tip problem I think was from early on in flower when I had some 600's bare bulb dropped in as well. Yes I got a # per, I think that the potential for 2 is possible. They are 13 gallon I used probably easy 50 gallons a week 50-100 gallons probably during peak. Yes I did have some root issues that prompted the use of caps bennies for a week or so. I also experimented with crown feeding the bennies. I just finished installing a uv sterilizer due to the fact that I well water I think that my root issues were coming from my water so I will let you know if that helped otherwise I will be using a lot of Caps bennies in the future. I like the concept of the sterile system but I go straight for the bennies any time there is a problem for the fix.

I think I will try and copy this conversation over to thread if you all don't mind that way I wont disturb your thread babyhughie586.​

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am right now in the middle of a refit; in each blooming zone I have 4 1kW HPS lights in sealed and vented hoods, trellis totalling 50 square feet over a 12 site RDWC of my own design. Due to recent concerns over having legal plant counts- and because Capulator's roomful of monsters is so inspiring- I'm reconfiguring the setup to run four trees in the same zone. Instead of a 5 gallon bucket, each plant will get its own 27 gallon tub! I'm not going to run a trellis in the traditional sense; rather, just drape a net over the whole plant and hold that up to support what I hope will be lots of heavy branches!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Amber, your pix don't show up at all. I'm going to move your thread to the Undercurrent section, ok?

sixstring

sixstring

I am right now in the middle of a refit; in each blooming zone I have 4 1kW HPS lights in sealed and vented hoods, trellis totalling 50 square feet over a 12 site RDWC of my own design. Due to recent concerns over having legal plant counts- and because Capulator's roomful of monsters is so inspiring- I'm reconfiguring the setup to run four trees in the same zone. Instead of a 5 gallon bucket, each plant will get its own 27 gallon tub! I'm not going to run a trellis in the traditional sense; rather, just drape a net over the whole plant and hold that up to support what I hope will be lots of heavy branches!

ty,your pics didn't show either o_O

Amber

Amber

That's cuz you didn't ask!

The shot down into the tub is meant to show that the bulkheads do not line up, so this forces water to circulate in the tub instead of just shooting straight through.

View attachment 331291 View attachment 331292
I am super interested in what you have going here. I have these exact totes I got for the local used grow supply with the holes already cut out and I have sat and looked at them for probably a year now trying to figure out what the person that cut them was trying to do.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Okay- I'm officially all done listening to you refer to yourself as somehow 'new' or 'still learning', lol!

DAMN, girl- I'm thinking 'Amber' isn't as good a nick as 'royal purple!'

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am super interested in what you have going here. I have these exact totes I got for the local used grow supply with the holes already cut out and I have sat and looked at them for probably a year now trying to figure out what the person that cut them was trying to do.

Alllllll righty, then! If you look at the side of the 'tuffbox', you'll notice four plastic points aimed down- these are stiffening ribs so the tub won't buckle under weight or if it's full of water. These are arranged in two pairs, one pair on each side of the center. I created 'left hand' tubs by drilling a hole for my 1" bulkhead fitting under the left 'point' twice on each side of the tub. In the same way, the 'right hand' tubs are drilled under the right point. Doing this creates the offset you see in the pic. I did this because I got tired of watching this nice current flowing in one bulkhead- and then straight out the other one on the opposite side of my 5 gallon bucket RDWC sites.

Why left and right handed tubs? This way, you can use one of each on each side of a double barrel or multi lane RDWC setup and all the hoses line up. I did the same thing with the yellow lids, in this case so I can position the plant at any of the four corners of the tub and give myself a little extra flexibility when arranging spacing in the room.

I think it's a nifty idea, one that will make life a little easier for years to come. Yes, 'handedness' or making hydroponic equipment in mirror image pairs IS a trademarked idea! Don't nobody go stealing it- CC, I know who you are!

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I love seeing these pix everytime i see them. What size are the totes?

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I was inquireing about the actual buckets the plants r sitting in very nice grow by the way id be showing it off ebery chance i had as well. Rdwc is too easy once u get all the kinks worked out.

sixstring

sixstring

sweet pics,looks like that strain doesn't really need a trellis.i want some:)

P

paulycali

Great pics Amber! Thanks for sharing

What do you call those cages around your plants. I'm diggin those for sure :)

Dunge

Dunge

Some of my favorite people on the farm stepped in BEFORE the pics.
Now that there are pics:
What is the deal with those frames?
You do all us noobs proud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom