Caged

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What kind of support are you using for your UC?

• Total voters
Amber

Amber

gotdamnit those are sum perty trees girlylady.
You wanna grow bigger don't ya? ..like way bigger than the cages eh?..I can't see any bulbs..do those get any vert? Can definitely see you buying like a thousand or so yo yo's if ya do.
..but do it.
I think bigger is most definitely doable. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a good deal on bulk yoyo's would ya?

Natural

Natural

I think bigger is most definitely doable. You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a good deal on bulk yoyo's would ya?
No..probably cause I'm not in the land of weed either though...best to find someone wiling to order up the 500 count cases for ya..and get the ones that you like!

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Finally found this thread again forgot to hit the watch button lol..
Anyhow hey Amber i wanted to ask u how often u do res changes with all those monsters are they all running from one main res? What kinda nutes u are useing?
RO water?
I have found along the way that running so many plants and i guess such big mature plants seem to be depleteing my res fast of micros and macros idk if this is something u have seen in ur op? Or not?
A brief rundown on your nutes and supplements and res changes would be greatly apprechiated..
Thanks in advace.. Paper

Amber

Amber

Finally found this thread again forgot to hit the watch button lol..
Anyhow hey Amber i wanted to ask u how often u do res changes with all those monsters are they all running from one main res? What kinda nutes u are useing?
RO water?
I have found along the way that running so many plants and i guess such big mature plants seem to be depleteing my res fast of micros and macros idk if this is something u have seen in ur op? Or not?
A brief rundown on your nutes and supplements and res changes would be greatly apprechiated..
Thanks in advace.. Paper
Ran Cultured Solutions entire line we used a top off resivor. Changed out about once a week on average would take it to 10 days if everything is going good. If the ph started to drop or it started to smell funky we dumped it didn't matter if it was 2 days old. So I guess you could say we didn't have a "regular" change out schedule. And yeah it's amazing how much they actually drink during peak.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Thank you for the quick reply and knowledge i meant to pick your brain a little earlier when u posted this thread and couldnt find it again lolz..
Yea i was quite surprised actually once i got things dialed in that exactly how fast these these monsters could almost entirely drain an 80 gallon res in 3-4 days depending on maturity in flower its happened a few times now.
I have no main res i guess just a bunch of buckets set up on a loop with drainbacks to a main bucket which i use for a controller for nutes mixing as well as my chiller water supply but yea essentially my main res just recirculates thru the buckets includeing the controller bucket and back thru the loop i guess i was looking for fast simple and effective for what i needed and its doing the job i am still putting my final twists n turns on my feed schedule but like u im on about a full res change every 7-10 days idk maybe im crazy but i do see my greatest growth spurts with fresh water chchanges could be all just in my head tho lol i like to keep it clean as possible tho! Good lookin out.

Amber

Amber

Thank you for the quick reply and knowledge i meant to pick your brain a little earlier when u posted this thread and couldnt find it again lolz..
Yea i was quite surprised actually once i got things dialed in that exactly how fast these these monsters could almost entirely drain an 80 gallon res in 3-4 days depending on maturity in flower its happened a few times now.
I have no main res i guess just a bunch of buckets set up on a loop with drainbacks to a main bucket which i use for a controller for nutes mixing as well as my chiller water supply but yea essentially my main res just recirculates thru the buckets includeing the controller bucket and back thru the loop i guess i was looking for fast simple and effective for what i needed and its doing the job i am still putting my final twists n turns on my feed schedule but like u im on about a full res change every 7-10 days idk maybe im crazy but i do see my greatest growth spurts with fresh water chchanges could be all just in my head tho lol i like to keep it clean as possible tho! Good lookin out.
I was thinking that maybe the fact that due to the lack of water and the roots getting a little oxygen while the system fills back up might be cause of the spurt after the change out. That too could just be in my head though.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

What beautiful ladies!! Thanks for the thread, I've been kicking around the Idea of getting those mod cages... What's your spacing like for that UC? Also if you don't mind sharing your light layout, I see some vert action in there...

Amber

Amber

What beautiful ladies!! Thanks for the thread, I've been kicking around the Idea of getting those mod cages... What's your spacing like for that UC? Also if you don't mind sharing your light layout, I see some vert action in there...
I was just checking out your new room awesome. I love the spacing you have there. The set up from this thread is the stock right out of the box spacing.
IMG 2732

Over the top of this we did 9 air cooled 1000 watters. 3 rows of 3 going the opposite direction of the UC rows. We then dropped some 600's in there at first we tried to put em between but ended up with them just around the perimeter because we burnt some of the bud tips I think we had 4 600's for the most part but had 6 at first.
IMG 1102

You can kinda see the lights in this pic but not really I guess.

We have since done some customization work on the system and will update shortly on how it ends up. We too are up in the air on the lighting configuration. Think we might try all verts or close to all verts. Maybe if we come into some money we will put some of the new 600 watt or maybe even 1000 watt hortilux blues in there here and there. Not everywhere just her and there.

IMG 2733
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

That's a bad ass set up too... What was the yield like in that room? I have a custom made 14 site under 4000 in wings and 3 dropped as verts with 38in spacing.. I look forward to seeing the UC work this way as I have only grown mini trees with my UC's. I had a hard time with the heat of the verts around our girls with stock spacing off their xxl spacing, I think they were 45 at the time I got them years ago. Spacing is key when running verts imho..

K

kuz

amber,

Those cage pics on page 1 are what uc sells or something else you found?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Great job, very nice work. I have tried many different ways of keeping the ladies from hitting the floor and found most had some major drawback. What has worked well for me is sheep fencing, it is similar to page wire fencing you see on all the farms. The whole size goes from small to large and gives me room to move them around for great spacing and support. When I harvest I just cut and tip over the cage and grab in the middle and carry out. Hook the plant on the celling and open the cage, all done and no messing around. I set the cages on top of the UC and after 10 days the plants are growing into it and this helps support the cages also. IMHO

View attachment 332998View attachment 332999View attachment 333000

This is the exact material I use but I hang my cages from the ceiling, along with a bunch of pre hung yo yos. I don't see how you could have a greenhouse that nobody works in. Even in the highly automated greenhouses, people are there to monitor and move things along. Machines can't do everything.... yet. And when they can, we need to find a way to destroy them all.

The best part about my plants, is being with them.

p1019633-jpg.311460

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was just checking out your new room awesome. I love the spacing you have there. The set up from this thread is the stock right out of the box spacing.View attachment 336283

Over the top of this we did 9 air cooled 1000 watters. 3 rows of 3 going the opposite direction of the UC rows. We then dropped some 600's in there at first we tried to put em between but ended up with them just around the perimeter because we burnt some of the bud tips I think we had 4 600's for the most part but had 6 at first. View attachment 336284
You can kinda see the lights in this pic but not really I guess.

We have since done some customization work on the system and will update shortly on how it ends up. We too are up in the air on the lighting configuration. Think we might try all verts or close to all verts. Maybe if we come into some money we will put some of the new 600 watt or maybe even 1000 watt hortilux blues in there here and there. Not everywhere just her and there.

Actually that pic should be on UC's website.

Alice D

Alice D

That's a bad ass set up too... What was the yield like in that room? I have a custom made 14 site under 4000 in wings and 3 dropped as verts with 38in spacing.. I look forward to seeing the UC work this way as I have only grown mini trees with my UC's. I had a hard time with the heat of the verts around our girls with stock spacing off their xxl spacing, I think they were 45 at the time I got them years ago. Spacing is key when running verts imho..
As for yield,wasn't great about 10-12oz per plant. I think we got about 10 but ya that was running the UC in the stock dimensions. We learned quickly to be able to run vert and get the yield of at least 1 elbow per plant modifications were needed. So now the 2 outside rows are 55" and the center is 60" then we spread the modules away from each other to 48" plant to plant. Got rid of all horizontal lighting and have 9-thousands ran vert 3 in between in each row and have 15-600's. Spread the system out so the room is maxed out. A good 6 week veg and were thinking we should get a decent yield.
Do you run your 600 verts below the canopy? Were thinking keep the thousands pegged to the ceiling and dropping all these 600's below the canopy. I'm sure Amber will post some pictures of our modifications soon.I just wanted to chime in and see how low people are running their 600's.Thanks for any input and all the support everyone here at the farm has been a huge help.

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

Alice D

Alice D

This is the exact material I use but I hang my cages from the ceiling, along with a bunch of pre hung yo yos. I don't see how you could have a greenhouse that nobody works in. Even in the highly automated greenhouses, people are there to monitor and move things along. Machines can't do everything.... yet. And when they can, we need to find a way to destroy them all.

The best part about my plants, is being with them.

p1019633-jpg.311460
Very nice set up. We thought about streching some fence across the ceiling but since the plants were in there we'll wait till next round.I'm all about your idea of hanging the cages,brillant. That's going down after this next harvest as well.Thanks for all the input much appreciated.

Amber

Amber

amber,

Those cage pics on page 1 are what uc sells or something else you found?
Yes they are from current culture perfect fit is always nice. I'm sure you could do it yourself much cheaper but sometimes you gotta consider how much your is actually worth and that considered they are a good deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom