Cal Mag Deficiency Ph Fluxuation

• Thread starter Ak49
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ak49

Ak49

Hello fellow growers I have a few questions.
I started a new grow and decided to try roots organic green light the only thing I've done to the soil is add dolomite lime and azomite
I'm feeding dyna gro botanicare cal mag liquid karma and a little superthrive.. These are month and a half old seedlings and one STRAIN that has been in my family for over seventeen years. Whom I know very well.
Anyways it seems as if my ph is locked up I'm really wondering if anyone here has ran this soil before. For might have a little help to my problem the whit blotchy patches are from ph fluxuation.
I read in a post that the green light has a very low ph .
Cal mag deficiency ph fluxuation
Cal mag deficiency ph fluxuation 2

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

have you tested your soil ph? Sounds like it's swinging high if you added dolomite and are using a nitrate-based feed.

I've never been a fan of using salts in soil, soil is for microbes. Hydro is for salt.

Ak49

Ak49

have you tested your soil ph? Sounds like it's swinging high if you added dolomite and are using a nitrate-based feed.

I've never been a fan of using salts in soil, soil is for microbes. Hydro is for salt.
So what do you recommend for stabilizing the

I check the soil it's at 7.6 any words of wisdom to fix this would be much appreciated

K

KMProp

So what do you recommend for stabilizing the

I check the soil it's at 7.6 any words of wisdom to fix this would be much appreciated

I'm new to this game just like you so don't just take my word but,

I'm growing in canna terra pro plus and my pH was at 7.2, I just flushed my medium with fresh water and a little pH Down to get a nice pH of 5.8

My medium has stayed at 6.2 since. I've tested it every day for the last week.

Bannacis

Bannacis

If you added dolomite lime directly to your soil, then planted...could be problems.
The lime needs to work/cook a bit in your soil before use preferably.
ph test your soil and water, use a low npk nutrient like a 8-5-5.

Ak49

Ak49

If you added dolomite lime directly to your soil, then planted...could be problems.
The lime needs to work/cook a bit in your soil before use preferably.
ph test your soil and water, use a low npk nutrient like a 8-5-5.
For eight plus years I've used pro mix and dolomite lime powdered from and dyna gro nutrients and have never experienced this problem this time I bought grow more pelletized lime and roots organic green light soil. My flower room is in the same exact mix and no deficiency's .. Thanks for your input man.here's a pic of my landrace thai my family has had for several years.

Last edited:
jammie

jammie

Dolomite raises ph, aluminum sulfate will lower ph. I use alum sulfate in my outside to turn my hydrangeas blue

Ak49

Ak49

Im looking at elemental sulfur have you ever used it.
Dolomite raises ph, aluminum sulfate will lower ph. I use alum sulfate in my outside to turn my hydrangeas blue[/QUOTE
I'm considering elemental sulfur. Have you used that..

Last edited:
Top Bottom