Cal Mag?

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

FloraNova is not a 2 part nutrient. Yes there is FloraNova grow and FloraNova bloom, but its not a 2 part in the sense that flora grow, flora micro and flora bloom are a 3 part.

Ummm ... yea. But what the fuck do I know. I am going to go call GH .... Okay, I'm back. I just talked to the head nute mixer sceintist and he told me it is a two part. I asked if she could talk to you about, but she said she didn't want to talk to you.

I'll paste a link instead. Hmmm. 3 part in one, 2 part in the other. Looks like it is a two part in the sense that Flora is a three part, according to the people that make it, but what do they know, they just make da shit.

Now, if you don't like FloraNova and think it lacking, that is fine, but it is a 2 part nute. Someone wants to get me some eky info off of a FloraNova bottle, I'll run it through a spreadsheet to break down the ppms for each seprate nute, N, P, K, Ca, etc.

Of course its probably a good idea to add in some micro nutes

FloraNova has micros in it. Somebody grab a bottle and give me the weight, volume, and %'s of the back and I will show you the micros in 2 part FLoraNova compared to the Micros in 3 Part Flora.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

okay so what does everyone suggest i use to boost calcium?

Did you flush them like I suggested? You have a lockout, not a lack of Ca in the soil if you are using GH nutes to the bottle specs and tap water.

Flush and feed to bottle specs young padawan. I'm tellin' ya, that is the way to take care of your problem. The affected leaves will not recover, you need to merely provide the proper environment in the rootzoone so that no mo' bad shit happens to yer ladies.

J

jakew215

yeah i gave them a good flush a few days ago, i did say that i think.

i havent done anything since and they are not getting any worse. im about to give them a light feeding now, i think i flushed them like on wednesday thursday they are good and dried out now.

i also got some saucers to start water/feeding that way. the ones i got are too small for my homer buckets though, gotta hit the store up tomorrow.

and if its a two part whats the second part then?

not sure how well i can read anymore, but pretty sure that says ONE part on it.

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/SAM_0096.jpg

L

Lost

I heard if you put a dead plant in cal -mag it will come back to life.

C

cheyenne

Ummm ... yea. But what the fuck do I know.

Obviously nothing. Yeah i checked out your pretty link. been there, seen that. It reflects exactly what i said. Thanks for playing. Looks like your brain isnt firing well up there in Summit Co.

edit. PS, ive used GHFN series since it hit the shelf.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jake, ROTATE! <grin>
Someone wants to get me some eky info off of a FloraNova bottle, I'll run it through a spreadsheet to break down the ppms for each seprate nute, N, P, K, Ca, etc.
I'll be happy to. If you share the spreadsheet arguments. <grin> I would love to have a mathematical formula so as to at least roughly calculate ppm/saturation levels I'm using of any given product. But I suck at building spreadsheets because my forte is language, not math.
FloraNova has micros in it. Somebody grab a bottle and give me the weight, volume, and %'s of the back and I will show you the micros in 2 part FLoraNova compared to the Micros in 3 Part Flora.
I only have FN Bloom, the one that says "one part". I do have a new bottle of FloraMicro on hand.
I heard if you put a dead plant in cal -mag it will come back to life.
You have to leave a turd floating in the Cal-Mag. I guess whoever told you left that very important part out. Shame on them!

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

yeah i gave them a good flush a few days ago, i did say that i think.i havent done anything since and they are not getting any worse. im about to give them a light feeding now, i think i flushed them like on wednesday thursday they are good and dried out now.

No worse is good. Obviously, those spots will not go away and you could suffer some further leaf necrosis due to damage already done.

i also got some saucers to start water/feeding that way. the ones i got are too small for my homer buckets though, gotta hit the store up tomorrow.

That way works too. Since you flushed them, don't be afraid to give a bit more than a 'light feed'. You should have cleaned out any stored up nutes and salts and your mix should be fairly clean of nutes.

and if its a two part whats the second part then?

Grow and Bloom. Cheyenne was being a bit sassy and splitting hairs. I posted the GH recipe, because if you look, they tell you to mix Grow and Bloom for the transition - Mix Part A with Part B, making FloraNova an actual, true two part.

But, as you know, you just use one bottle for grow and then switch at flower, except for the transition week when it is used like a true two part.

We are merely splitting hairs 'cause that is what internet folks do. ;)

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Obviously nothing. Yeah i checked out your pretty link. been there, seen that. It reflects exactly what i said. Thanks for playing. Looks like your brain isnt firing well up there in Summit Co.

You should read it again. It does not reflect exactly what you say. You think it does, 'cause now your rep is on the line.

edit. PS, ive used GHFN series since it hit the shelf.

Well, I would think it is long past time then to learn that when you mix Part A with Part B, like in transition, it is a two part. Your splitting hairs, it is designed to be mixed together, and because GH took the Flora Series and took a bottle out of the equation, doesn't make it not a two part.

But again, splitting hairs and not something I have time in life for. Feel free to tell reply, I got bigger fish to fry.

Toodles

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

I'll be happy to. If you share the spreadsheet arguments. <grin> I would love to have a mathematical formula so as to at least roughly calculate ppm/saturation levels I'm using of any given product. But I suck at building spreadsheets because my forte is language, not math.

I'll share the link. It is a spread sheet. I have faith in it, it was put together by pH, who was Lucas' mentor and where the Lucas formula actually came from (Lucas merely popularized it). It is pretty sweet.

Run Botanicare PBP, and you see why Botanicare started making CalMag+.

I wanted to run the numbers to compare Ca ppm compared to other nutes.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

Run it for FloraNova, or post the numbers (Guaranteed Analysis %, bottle volume, bottle weight) for us.

I only have FN Bloom, the one that says "one part". I do have a new bottle of FloraMicro on hand.

You can use a bloom formula for the veg cycle, post those numbers in the parenthesis before you crack the lid on the bottle of Micro.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

The scoop on CalMag. My far from fuckin' humble opinion obviously.

If you use RO water, You must use CalMag. If you do not use RO water and you need to add CalMag to your nute line, like say with PBP, switch nutes.

CalMag got real popular when Botanicare released CalMag+. They put out CalMag+ because their PBP line sucks ass, especially in the Ca and Mg department, it lacks both to begin with.

Lot of Ca and Mg in tap water in a lot of places from what I know, add a whole bunch more and you can lock shit out. Too much Mg can lockout Ca, etc.

On top of that, Sweet Lady Jane is a notorious Cal/Mg whore. CalMag isn't just Ca and Mg. It has other things like N and Fe, etc. Keep that in mind when you administer it to yer ladies.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'll share the link. It is a spread sheet. I have faith in it, it was put together by pH, who was Lucas' mentor and where the Lucas formula actually came from (Lucas merely popularized it). It is pretty sweet.

Run Botanicare PBP, and you see why Botanicare started making CalMag+.

I wanted to run the numbers to compare Ca ppm compared to other nutes.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

Run it for FloraNova, or post the numbers (Guaranteed Analysis %, bottle volume, bottle weight) for us.

You can use a bloom formula for the veg cycle, post those numbers in the parenthesis before you crack the lid on the bottle of Micro.
You sure can. :)

I'm pretty sure my FN is just like Jake's, but I've got a shot of it.

What I'd really like to take a stab at is seeing if I can use this spreadsheet to (relatively accurately?) calculate ppm's of organic nutes as well.

Let's see about those pix.. I'm doing the FN Bloom and Fox Farms Big Bloom, it's what I'm using on my hempy girls upstairs (OD on a south-facing balcony) and besides the fact that a couple of them desperately need transplanting and they and their sisters are hungry gals, it works very well. I just now need the FN Bloom in gallons instead of quarts.

Floranova Bloom label
FF BB label
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hope your plants are doing better.

GH FLora Nova One part

Yes, both grow and bloom can be used for transition. I like to call it "one part flora nova" to avoid confusion with 3 part flora nova micro, grow and bloom.

I had the same problem on some leaves like you show. I was using flora nova 1 part. States the name "one part" on the bottle.

Just trying communicate better by using the same terminology. Making sure we are talking about the same product. (Seamaiden posted a picture of the bottle)

My scenario:

Was using poor tap water with that had high ppm (500ppm) and was overfeeding. (by following the labels recommendations)

My Solution:

Did a flush (ran 3x the volume of the container of ph r/o water through the container)

Changed to to r.o water with calmg + (5ml per gallon) rather than the poor tap water.

After I flushed, followed up with 1/2 strength nutes. Then they bounced back.

Tip:

I find that the mixing flora nova (1 part) via bottle instructions makes too hot of nute strength for some strains.

Once I got a tds/ppm/ec meter I realized I could use about 1/4 strength to start and go up to full strength in time.

If you cant get a tds meter, I got better results starting with a lower dosage of nutes and then increasing as the plant grows larger.

Observation:

I have made more mistakes overfeeding than underfeeding. (did not see underfeeding until I added c02) Seems like almost everyone goes through it one time or another. Overfeed and lockout. Do nothing and watch leaves dry out and fry.

or

flush and then 1/2 strength feed and hope you got it quick enough.

Flora nova grow/bloom one part is some good stuff. Just shake it good and don't mix it too hot.

C

cheyenne

Hey cat lady i hope you can read as well as you can write. as you can see in the pic above it CLEARLY says.....wait.....one part. I dont disagree with your recs, just your failure to understand the label on the bottle.....one part. oh and like i said in my OP the 2 will overlap.

edit. And here you are recing adding calmag when last i checked was a micronute which you said would not be needed when using FN. so which is it? sorry if i wasnt clear before.

J

jakew215

yeah ive been just watering and feeding with like 2.5ml a gal. a lot less than what i was, more watering now than feed.

still no ro or meter. the leaves that were infected though did not get better they are drying up and about to fall off in a bit i think.

getting fairly close to harvest now, dont want it to go to shit on me...

Blucross

Blucross

I agree partly with J wizzle, needs more nuts. I agree with the Cat Jockey, start by flushing flushing flushing and a loving slap on the girl friends butt should handle everything. If this dosn't work send pic of girlfriends butt.
Respectfully
Blucross

F

farmerjohn

Being the friendly cheapskate I am, I wanted to chime in with a low cost testing alternative, for the budget minded farmers among us. Many regular nurseries & some stores like Wal-Mart or Meijer's, carry a veggie grower's test kit, made by rapitest. It's 4 color coded test tubes that cover pH, nitrogen, phosphorous & potash. Comes with easy instructions & works great! Normally about $4.00, you can usually find them on sale this time of year. Just ask your local nursery if they carry them & you may find a deal on them. I bought a dozen of them for a buck each, when I found them in a bargain bin @ a local garden center store.

Top Bottom