Calcium issues with autos and calmag

• Thread starter Wolters_88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so let me do some digging but a pond pump and some tubing with a timer is all thats needed. Gonna try and find the ones that can just pierce the line. Are ya handy with PVC and glue? Prob the best route to prevent any leakage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't understand how they work, they seem to work for some and not for others, and if it was as easy as using AN, then every one would be using them. So I avoid giving any advise on their use at all. 👍
I'm with ya especially the PH perfect. Stuff. It goes against all advice you will get in term of nutrients. Basically feed as directed and throw away your ph pen... also never ask for advice because anything you add to them makes them throw a tantrum like a 2 yr old in a toy store.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Especially the PH Perfect. 🤐
Well crap. I literally already ordered them. What would you guys advise? I’m all ears. I’m really struggling here. This grow looked amazing then this happened and it doesn’t seem like it’s getting better. What would you all recommend? I’m starting to just think buying a super from my local hydro shop is the answer. Just water...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well crap. I literally already ordered them. What would you guys advise? I’m all ears. I’m really struggling here. This grow looked amazing then this happened and it doesn’t seem like it’s getting better. What would you all recommend? I’m starting to just think buying a super from my local hydro shop is the answer. Just water...
Thats ok... you can use em but just don't ph or add anything else to them... not even cal mag.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly they will be fine. They are designed for RO water. Simply add as directed and NEVER PH or add anything else to them. No matter what. You cant treat them like other nutrients because of the chelates.

Of you do that they will work for you. Can call it dummy proof but you also lose your tuning abilities to adjust as you like. For a new grower they work for thier intent. Mix and feed and thats it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
How do you guys devote two hours a day to watering?

Like Aqua Man said, automation.

I built my two recirculating hydro systems for right around $100 in entirety.

You can pick up a rain bird drip irrigation kit for $35, has most everything you need. A pond pump for $20, a decent sized tote for < $20. A timer for $10. All in like $80 and and with that irrigation kit you have parts for future builds and then some.

Only way to do it, honestly. handwatering sucks, especially with a lot of plants in coco. it's just not sustainable or scalable.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like Aqua Man said, automation.

I built my two recirculating hydro systems for right around $100 in entirety.

You can pick up a rain bird drip irrigation kit for $35, has most everything you need. A pond pump for $20, a decent sized tote for < $20. A timer for $10. All in like $80 and and with that irrigation kit you have parts for future builds and then some.

Only way to do it, honestly. handwatering sucks, especially with a lot of plants in coco. it's just not sustainable or scalable.
Absolutely. And yeah its a lot more wasteful than hydro or soil.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

So you just make a large batch, say a weeks worth, and have it set to auto feed? Sounds like a dream because hand watering sucks. Not as bad as trimming. But still...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So you just make a large batch, say a weeks worth, and have it set to auto feed? Sounds like a dream because hand watering sucks. Not as bad as trimming. But still...
Yup easy as that. This is mine that can do up to 24 plants. Total cost for the feed system was a bit more than needed because I chose to use a diaphram pump and many sites. I also made a drain table and used a condensate pump to automatically pump all runoff down the drain.

I fill the res about every 4 days now and the rest it does on its own. Total cost for the table, autodrain and autofeed was lUNDER $500CAD But can be done much cheaper... especially if just the feed system with pond pump under $100.

Wolters_88

Wolters_88

Yup easy as that. This is mine that can do up to 24 plants. Total cost for the feed system was a bit more than needed because I chose to use a diaphram pump and many sites. I also made a drain table and used a condensate pump to automatically pump all runoff down the drain.

I fill the res about every 4 days now and the rest it does on its own. Total cost for the table, autodrain and autofeed was lUNDER $500CAD But can be done much cheaper... especially if just the feed system with pond pump under $100.

I think I want to find some sort of plastic floors that I can set the pots on that will feed and I can run it out of the tent into my sump pump too. Then it will auto feed to runoff and auto drain. I can of course stop it and measure when need be too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom