calculating grams per watt

• Thread starter gudkarma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedfarm

well i guess the negativity was commented at me

In my experience, using 600's and 1000's with various hoods, and a light meter, I had to keep my hoods at a certain height to achieve the foot print I wanted. The foot print seemed to be created by the hood, and lowering the light would only reduce the foot print, greatly reducing the light to outer edge plants.

So reducing the wattage would only reduce the PAR or lumens because I would not be able to lower the hood. If you can lower the hood, then why not flower with a 400 the whole time?

And as I said GPW may be OK for you. Most growers like to use GPW to see if they can yield as well as others. But if you want to get technical, it still is a crappy way to measure your garden and progress. If every cycle you clone, veg and flower for the same exact period great. But what if you veg 10 days one cycle and 20 days the next cycle. What if you change from 600 to 400 6 weeks in. GPW really doesnt help.

You need to calculate the KW used and how many days vegged/flowered for a true analysis. Otherwise you could just say, last harvest I hit a pound, this harvest I hit 2 pounds

G

gudkarma

i think w/o pics & a write up on my space, it's hard to determine the best way to optimize.

simply, i needed to see how one would come up with a gpw formula using the lights i noted.

while a gpw may not be the most efficient way to determine averages or health of my garden, i need some form of comparison... or i am just shooting in the dark.

right now, i only compare trays completely filled w/ the same strain.

for example, last night, i put down 15 jackberry and 8 sour d.

my last tray was 23 sour d.

i still weigh & talley every run ...just to see where im at with yeild.

most important, my entire program is based on taking & rooting cuts which go straight into flower.

the only veg time my cuts see, after they bust roots, is in the cloner waiting to be put into trays.

with that said, for flower, i run :

1) the 600w over 2 tables (3x2) totalling 6x2

the light isn't set to sweep back & forth & back & forth. i park it in the middle of one tray for the max time & the light moves a few feet to the middle of the adjacent tray for max time.

first tray : weeks 1 to 3
second tray : weeks 3 to 6
final tray : weeks 7 to 9

each tray has its own rez with appropriate nutes & an air stone.

i have 7' of track installed over the 6x2 set-up but only use about 4' of it.

2) the 400w light is over a 4x2 table on yo-yos. this tray is on the other side of the room, directly across from the 6x2.

i keep the light as close to the canopy as possible.

3) both the above fixtures are air cooled.

right now, i take fresh air from outside and run it through the lights into the room for extra heat (winter).

i use a small 500w (with settings) oil filled radiator to keep the temps consistent when lights are off.

for veg & moms :

1) i have 2 MH fixtures @ 250w in a custom built closet that's 6x3x6

2) just took cuts last night & threw 3 moms into flower... 6 moms left.

3) this space was my old flower closet. i just built my room around it & turned it into a mom (veg) closet.

i also have another 3x3x6 closet (my old veg space) just outside my lab i can use 6 to 7 months out of the year... which is when i start new seed projects.

also have a grow tent... i'm going to put that into my lab and put my cloners inside.

cloner :

right now inside my house :

1) 2 bubble cloners (dwc) w/ domes which hold 54 cuts total

for space reasons, i selected out 2 of the 5 female jackberry i had... this strain flowers FAST ...one pheno was purple from the door & at 2 weeks into flower has some nice color ...the other (green) pheno smells like honest to goodness, straight up, berrys & is mad frosty.

i love weed!:heart

Top Bottom