Cali Connection Chem Reaper Grow

• Thread starter DazedNconfussed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DazedNconfussed

Hey guys, well this is my second grow, I am going to grow these guys out in DWC, will convert to Rdwc very soon. I am also fim'ing the plants and may do some LST again. I know they arent perfect but I have a feeling I'll get them back on track soon.

Grow area - 5' X 6'
Strain - Cali Connection Chem Reaper (Pre 98 Bubba x Chemdog D)
Grow method - 5 gallon Stand Alone DWC
Lighting - Veg/flower - 1000 watt HPS
Nutes veg so far- (200-500 ppm) Botanicare grow, Botanicare Cal-mag.

I started the 3 seeds about the last week of March. This is my first time growing seeds. I used paper towel to germ, then put it in a ziplock and stuck it under my direct TV reciever and took a look 12 hours later and all had sprouted.

For the last month I have had them growing under 2 - 27 watt CFL's in just 5 inch rockwool cubes. They out grew the cubes very quickly, heck within a few days of transplanting them into the 5x5 cubes I had roots coming out the bottom.

I belive I may have stunted their growth by leaving them in the cubes only on a planter tray for a month and watering by hand (I had no other options). I transplanted all 3 yesterday into the net pots and DWC. The ladies were root locked bad, there were solid white roots on the bottom, roots all over the cube sides and even roots coming out of the top of the cubes.....I dont know if thats normal, none of my Chemdog #4 clones did that.

I dont know why my leafs are turning colors? I figured it had to do with being under such small lights and being root locked. They have been getting a decent dose of cal mag.

So anyways Ill post up some pics and if anyone has any idea on what's causeing my leaves to turn colors Id love to hear from you.

The pics are about a week or so after the seeds germed...(04-01-10)

I also wanted to thank Swerve for making these seeds. 100% germ and I have no experiance with seeds, but when they germ this easy its hard to mess up.

Cali connection chem reaper grow
Cali connection chem reaper grow 2
Cali connection chem reaper grow 3
Cali connection chem reaper grow 4
D

DazedNconfussed

Update 05-02-10

Here are the updated pics right after the transplant into their homes.

IMGP3165
IMGP3166
IMGP3171
IMGP3170
IMGP3175
rollajoint

rollajoint

Im sure they will bounce back mate good luck on the groww . Some dank coming your wayy !
RG

J

John Smith Esq.

bloody hell dazed, you dont piss about do you- just finished your last grow!!! :harvest:

have you been feeding them anything other than cal-mag dude? looks like n-def to me.

also what ec/ph are you ruinning with? if not lack of nitrogen i would check your ph is between 5.3 & 6.0ish.

D

DazedNconfussed

bloody hell dazed, you dont piss about do you- just finished your last grow!!! :harvest:

have you been feeding them anything other than cal-mag dude? looks like n-def to me.

also what ec/ph are you ruinning with? if not lack of nitrogen i would check your ph is between 5.3 & 6.0ish.

LOL....yeah growing is more addictive then smoking the meds... I was going to create mothers from the seeds but my Chemdog #4 finished up and I didnt have any other plants, and knowing the grow room was empty was killin me, so decided I'd veg these guys for a month or so and pop a few of my other seeds to create mothers so I should have clones ready to go before these are done. Plus I am just dying to try this cross.....

My tap water runs 50ppm, and I was adding enough cal mag to bring it up to 100ppm, then add Bionacare grow till I had my PPM where I wanted it. I started at 200ppm total at the begining and am up to 500ppm total now. As for PH I have them at about 5.8. Do you think it could still be a nitrogen def?

I will probly add another strain to the grow room in the next week or so. Hoping my local disp will have some cali connect clones again. I am looking to add ogiesel, or SFV OG Kush.

J

John Smith Esq.

im hooked too bro!! you got some good strains going in to man, will be keepin an eye on this thread fo sho..:bong2:

hmm, possibly, i think 1.0ec is like 700ppm which is what i usually start off at feed wise, if it started at the edge of the leaf and got progresively worse over a certain period until the whole leaf went light greenish then swiftly yellow i would say its likley to be n-def.
keep your eye on it dude, if it spreads further up the plant i would increase your feed a touch, especially if these bee-atch's are heavy feeders. on the other hand it could just be a little shock from transplanting - time should tell..

good luck with the grow - hopefully wont be as nerverackin now you got some exp. under your belt!

Peace.

D

DazedNconfussed

05-04-10 fim update

Here are some pics from 5-4-10. I fim'd all 3.

IMGP3182
IMGP3179
IMGP3180
IMGP3181
D

DazedNconfussed

05-09-10 update

Here is an update for 05-09-10. I fim'd them all 5 days ago, not sure if it worked right or not, kinda just looks like its still growing as a single stalk. Might take a few more days to know for sure. Let me know what you all think. Sorry for the shitty pics, camera is broke. I wil aslo include some random shots.

Water is PH'd to 5.6 and PPM are at 750....uping the PPM from 500 made a huge difference.....thanks John Smith Esq for the advice.

I belive the plants overall health has improved, leaves are a still a little knarly looking but I belive they may have gotten over watered. There roots are in the rez's now so no more hand watering.

IMGP3209
IMGP3208
IMGP3205
IMGP3206
IMGP3203
IMGP3204
IMGP3211
IMGP3210
rollajoint

rollajoint

Just checking up on the ladies bro . Give it a day or two they will be reaching for the light !. Good luck man c ya in a day or two .
RJ

D

DazedNconfussed

Give them a bit higher does of calmag. They look good just look like they want calmag and some food

Thanks for the advice. I read your old post and am thinking about switching to 3 part GH nutes and using your veg formula 2 part micro, 1 part calmag.

Do you think that would work with this strain?

S

Swerve

its got chem and bubba in it so yeah it should do great that way.. but they just look hungry for calmag that twisting of the leaves and folding in is saying that

D

DazedNconfussed

its got chem and bubba in it so yeah it should do great that way.. but they just look hungry for calmag that twisting of the leaves and folding in is saying that

I thought that leaf twisting was maybe me over watering, but a cal/mag def makes better sence. I havent given them much yet, my tap water is 50 ppm and I used enough cal mag to bring the water up to 100ppm then added grow nute to 750ppm.

Hopefully monday I can put them on the micro-cal/mag with hygrozyme diet.

D

DazedNconfussed

Well I switched the nutes over and started using 2 parts GH micro and one part cal-mag 3 days ago. The PPM are at about 850 ph'd to 5.6-5.7. Only problem is the PH raises to 6.1-6.5 by the next day, every day for the last 3 days. Not sure why, It dont get watered through the hydroton at all so that cant cause the swing....I just dont know how good it is to keep adding "ph down" daily. I'll give it time and see if the ph swing mellows out because the new nute combo seems to be helping the plants.

Ill post updated pics in a few, just fim'd the hell out of them(basicaly fim'd every branch tip), and LST 2 plants because the taller 2 were out growing to smaller one, but the smaller one has way more shoots and is just beautiful...cant bare to bend her over.

One last odd thing, fimm'ing worked on the smaller plant, but the taller 2 it didnt work first try. Not sure why, when I fim I cut basicaly 2/3 of the tip away....on the taller ones after fim'ing it would cause un even growth, new shoot on one side of the branch tip, and not the other....anyways, thats why I bent them over and tied down, figure thell probly respond better to LST. We'll see....

urbanite420

urbanite420

LOL....yeah growing is more addictive then smoking the meds... .

No shit, I feel weird, almost like a bum, not growin in my closet, but my office is running now. Got Jack Here / Silver Haze in a 6 x 12 space Hydrofarm aero flow system. 1000w + 2 x 600W lights. Lets blow it up baby! In 2 months It'll be all Cali Connect in the aero flow.

D

DazedNconfussed

Ok finally found my camera today...havent been able to update due to misplacing it while medicated....was in a bag of easter candy....anyways...

Pics kinda blow due to battery going dead, but ill take better ones soon...also these pics were taking during the dark period so the plants dont look the best.

they are at about 5 or 6 weeks of veg.....about 8 weeks from seed i belive. I plan to veg for another few weeks.....

I have used many different training styles, super crop, LST, fim, and topping....I may have got a little carried away training them but there internode spacing is tight, and they responded well to all training except fim. I have more tops comming up at the tops then I can count.

I am bummed the plants dont look nearly as good on camera as they do in person.

And that plant in soil is a purple urkle from a local co-op. I thought I would give the soil grow a try just as a learning experiance. Allthough I did plant it in the dreaded miracle grow organic, but i did add alot of hydroton just to cool it down some incase its too high in ferts. True Value had a sale "$2 per bag" LOL, so I thought what the hell. I have less then $20 invested in that plant.

IMGP3273
IMGP3279
IMGP3281
IMGP3288
IMGP3289
IMGP3291
IMGP3292
IMGP3295
IMGP3296
D

DazedNconfussed

oh, 1 more thing, I have allready cut 8 clones off these girls, 3 rooted in rockwool in under 2 weeks, and 5 others are all starting to show roots in my DWC cloner at day 8.

L

leao

Looks like they've bounced back from the beginning, and in a helluva' way! I like the training man, and it appears they do too. So when are ya' flipping the switch so we can see 'em explode!?

Well done man :smiley_joint:

D

DazedNconfussed

Hey Leao, thanks for stoppin bye, I am anxious to see them flower also, I figure another week or 2, I want to make sure the clones I cut are fully rooted and healthy before I flip. Also, I topped the hell out of them one last time on the tallest branches a few days ago to allow some of the lower branches a chance to catch up.....Hoping all this will pay off with a decent yeild. I know the Pre 98 doesnt yeild all that well, not sure which way these are leaning, towards the 98, or towards the Chemdog D.

Top Bottom