cali connection orig sour diesel grow.....

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clockworx

clockworx

Zoom pics @ day 63 lowest buds....a few amber trichs, some cloudy, some clear.....
DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

clockworx

clockworx

I added a small pk feeding on day 62 because this sour just wants to swell, the swell is so rapid that you can see a weight gain and clusters of calyx swelling in the 12 hours that the lights are on and even more so at night...I can't even imagine the size of the buds she would produce in a hydro system, I have 10 good cuts getting ready to go in the flood-n-drain setup......

clockworx

clockworx

Sorry I can't pull her out for whole body shots, she's so heavy I have to keep her kinda propped up. When she's done I will get whole shots of her leafless...shes getting super greasy tho, I'm going to put her in a 55deg room with a 400mh for a few days before I chop....

clockworx

clockworx

A lower bud drying for a sample smoke.....the trichs on this bud are 10% clear 85% cloudy 5% amber....the test of the lower more developed bud will give me an idea of what I'm looking for in the rest of the plant, I will take another sample when the lower bud trichs are 80% cloudy and 20% amber.
IIIIIIIIIII

clockworx

clockworx

So today I noticed on the lower more mature buds the tips of some calyx are turning pinkish-purple , I tried to get some pics but the trichs block the color from showing....I'm gonna wait to see if they turn more and get some pics....

clockworx

clockworx

Note about harvest day and flush timing for Call Connections Sour Diesel

Day 70 the plant is ready commercially ,,trichcombs are standing tall and are 2% clear 7% amber 91% cloudy,,, buds are swollen and 50% of the pistils are mature.....

For nice ripe aromatic buds with a more even ratio of cloudy/amber trichs another 2 weeks (day 84) seems like the lucky number... Day 70 is a safe bet to start a water only diet for soil growers with this pheno...just a note....not carved in stone.....

clockworx

clockworx

Smoked the sample I took 6 days ago, I was with my brother who smokes everyday and has a good taste for strains. I didn't tell him what it was, just handed him the bag and he instantly said " nice, why didn't you tell me the sour was done" ....its kinda hard to miss the smell of sour d tho, I had it wrapped tight as hell in a bag and stuffed in my pocket on the subway and the smell was coming up my shirt and out my collar, i smelt like a bum that hasn't showered in weeks...the real test was a few rips off the glass with some ice in the catcher, taste was amazing str8 sour funk almost oily with a great aftertaste...he smoked the first bud and I repacked it for me, after the first pull he nodded so I knew it was good, he's a dick most of the time and will find something he don't like about most shit I bring, to the point that its annoying....I was high as fuck , instantly soaring !!!! We went sneaker shoppin in the bronx and I was stupid high, where I get that feeling I'm walking like a fuckin robot..hahaha...my joints get all mechanical like I can't walk in a smooth flow and I was thinking to myself " shit man, why am i walking like the Tin man" but I couldn't help it....I went to grab my coffee and my arm jerked and I spilled it all over the counter at starbucks, their coffee sucks anyway, I think it was my brain telling me to pour that shit out. I had a good day, I think that's why sour is so loved in the city, very heady and uplifting and the city has a ton of places to chill.....

here is the bag before being smoked, I had it rolled up tight and ruined the shape of the buds and lost a ton of trichs, I should have jared it !!!! The buds were covered in crystal, now the bag is..o well....it was still fire !!!!
TTTTTTTTTTT

clockworx

clockworx

I've had sour diesel from queens n.y and its much more smelly then this pheno, I think more hunting is needed to find a true stank ass pheno, this one smells good but I wouldn't say its the sour d that has to be sealed in a metal container to hide the smell. I mean if its in your pocket in a bag and your standing still it will smack you in the nose and people will know 100% that you have bud on you, but the sour we get in brooklyn or queens is like nothing you have ever smelled before !!!!! My boy came here from california, he has had sour out there and thought he knew what sour was, I got him a sack of n.y dour dour and knocked his socks off. But we have the true cuts of the real sour d and people have been perfecting that plant forever, I had sour in 2000 or 2001 before the frenzy started. All in all for trying to make sour in seed form I think california connection did a good job but I think I'm going to try to find an s1 that won't herm or the ibl to find something closer to the clone only, out here you can't call it sour diesel unless it needs to be in a metal container, even if it is real sour, it needs to be on point..or don't even try to call it sour...I would tell people this is "sour og" because that's what it is, its a great smoke but you will not be able to call it sour diesel in N.Y....and that's my honest opinion.......I need to keep things real for the people reading this report and counting on my word, its fire and a top shelf bud, massive yield, good smell and great sour d high but its lacking in smell and taste, it taste like sour but not that mouth watering sour that we have come to love on the east coast........not trying to hurt feelings, but after really sitting down and taking my time to taste and compare it to real deal sour those are my honest thoughts.....it could be the pheno I got, after all, I only did 2 seeds...I'm going to keep the plant around because its a good smoke and my brother likes it, also its so easy to grow, that's what I really like about it.....but like any clone only strain ITS CLONE ONLY BECAUSE ITS A 1 IN A MILLION PLANT....

clockworx

clockworx

It would be nice to see the cut of sour diesel that swerve used, I know they say "a j's cut" but I would like to see it... does anyone know of a link where swerve posted a pic of his cut ?

Haggardass

Haggardass

Note about harvest day and flush timing for Call Connections Sour Diesel

Hey man do you have some sort of method for the percentages of trich colors? Seems exact to say 91% and all I'm usually more like "well about 90%" lol do you count say ten in a group, then if 9 are cloudy 1 is amber sort of deal? Looking good clock that thing swelled up nice.

Day 70 the plant is ready commercially ,,trichcombs are standing tall and are 2% clear 7% amber 91% cloudy,,, buds are swollen and 50% of the pistils are mature.....

For nice ripe aromatic buds with a more even ratio of cloudy/amber trichs another 2 weeks (day 84) seems like the lucky number... Day 70 is a safe bet to start a water only diet for soil growers with this pheno...just a note....not carved in stone.....

Haggardass

Haggardass

Hey man do you have some sort of method for the percentages of trich colors? Seems exact to say 91% and all I'm usually more like "well about 90%" lol do you count say ten in a group, then if 9 are cloudy 1 is amber sort of deal? Looking good clock that thing swelled up nice.

Top Bottom