Cali water shortage, What`s at stake for MMJ ?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Except, guess what. Those monster plants don't "need" 10gals+/day if cannabis growers get their shit together and start using water saving methods. There's a whole lot I could say on that, but I'm waiting to finish out my season so I can discuss it as it works through the season.

For the past week, maybe more, I've been watching an airplane making passes and doing a grid over our area. Dave recently told me that someone's taking pix of pot gardens. First time on that one, it's always been the helicopters making sweeps.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
We`ve been having planes making grid passes here in the Los Plumas Forest area as well.

I agree monster plants don`t need 10 gal of water per plant if done right. They do need a lot of water none the less. Water is going to be an issue until the drought works it`s self through. The way I look at it is, it`s my water and I`m not getting anything for letting it run out of my spring and eventually to the water systems in So Cal. I have deeded water rights to my property , so it is mine! I should be getting a check for all the water I do let run down the hill , but I don`t ! Instead the State thinks of this water as if it owns it. I should send them a bill!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

They do think of it as if its their own mark,ive heard of some places where its illegal to harvest rain water,WTF?Check this quote out,
''The theory behind regulation of rainwater harvesting is simple: water falling from the sky is public property, not private property, and belongs in the water table where it can restore diminished streams and reservoirs. Those who collect it privately are "hoarding" it. Of course the opposite theory is: a person who uses rainwater first is consuming less public water.''
LOL,fuck them.

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/oregon-man-sentenced-30-days-jail-collecting-rainwater-his-property
Jailrianwater

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
the large growers in cali outdoors should be shitting in said pants ......

at some point the villagers will turn when they find out each monster plant outdoor needs 10 plus gallons per day & some families do not have water .... or when do the local counties draft restrictions & property visits .... google maps tells them who's who ...

View attachment 436588
Spider, wtf? You seem like you are enjoying Cali's drought :confused:
What state are you from?
Why is this thread of so much interest to you?
Why do your posts bother me?
Maybe I need to go smoke more and chill.

SpiderK

SpiderK

I read a bunch & the drought is linked on one of the option trading / financial sites i visit daily, it been a big story ....

& then it real easy searching google news every day.

i find it interesting " the big dogs " will talk about all kinds of issues but something like this is a mirror & peeps just wanna ignore the truth, i guess .... hope for the best.

like my post in the russet thread u thought i was negative. i told ya they would come back, cut the weeds, get the cats away from the grow, spray the area around plants thats cleaning 101 when dealing with a nasty bug. but you didn't take it as help ..... oh well.

SpiderK

SpiderK

California has been hit by its worst drought in a century, leaving hundreds of households and landowners without water.

Authorities are drilling deeper and more often in search of ground water, but with little success.

Now experts say the problem is set to worsen, with Nasa scientists predicting the dry conditions could become "the new norm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28955153

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Someone really needs to work out the salt water purification system. Everywhere is changing. Look at the harsh winters east coast have been having. The earth is not happy ! It needs a doobie.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Someone really needs to work out the salt water purification system. Everywhere is changing. Look at the harsh winters east coast have been having. The earth is not happy ! It needs a doobie.
In cali we are about to start paying a higher carbon tax on our gas..that should fix everything

dabs4life

dabs4life

i read something bout water trucks and cali and thought after seeing this thread how is any doing hydro much less normal traditional soil mixes?

are ppl like ordering it like propane or something now? fuckin earthquakes, fukishima pissin in the ocean, and no water?

dammit man yall need a good hurricane like a cat 2 to ride up the coast. govt should be able to do that prolly

would 10% shade cloth hide the plants if added against a white roofe structure according to where the sun ends up?

i mean that could be chicken coups or an over ease attached to the building from up there. maybe could see shadows but without depth itd be nothing like ive seen in google maps while stoned...lol

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Friend of mine run an add to trade off his land. He got two replies, one `Storm Island` , a privet island off the coast of Florida. It turned out to be a small sand bar with two trees and a hemic supplied with a port-a-toilet and a small water still. The other was more interesting as it was in Hawaii. Nice house with active volcano frontage. I`m better off keeping my land for now but I see the pine trees are starting to die.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Fast forward to yesterday (August 26, 2014), the Washington Post posted a story with this headline: "Why no one should freak out about the giant crack that opened in the Mexico desert." The Post reports:

The chair of the geology department at the University of Sonora, in the northern Mexican state where this “topographic accident” emerged, said that the fissure was likely caused by sucking out groundwater for irrigation to the point the surface collapsed.

“This is no cause for alarm,” Inocente Guadalupe Espinoza Maldonado said. “These are normal manifestations of the destabilization of the ground.” I'm sorry, no. These are not normal manifestations of natural activity, this is the result of human activity run amok. Just because Cthulhu isn't clambering out of the breach to wreak havoc on humankind DOES NOT MEAN we shouldn't be alarmed by the fact we've sucked so much water out of the ground that the surface of the earth is collapsing.
Groundwater reserves can take centuries to recharge, so industrial-scale extraction of water for big agriculture in the middle of the desert cannot continue forever. In the US, water managers are facing an uphill battle to control water use in the Colorado River Basin and from the Ogallala Aquifer which stretches from Texas to South Dakota. Factor in that hydraulic fracturing is permanently removing water from the hydrological cycle in some of the most drought-stressed regions of the West, and you have a serious problem.

To be clear, the southwestern US and western Mexico are not necessarily about to fall in on themselves all at once, but they are struggling to support large-scale agriculture, enormous demand for water from a revitalized onshore oil and gas industry, and a growing population. Maybe this chasm in the desert doesn't herald the coming of Judgement Day, but perhaps we should be 'freaking out' about our poor judgement.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`d be a little bit more worried about a crack like that happening near a dam. It would be a dam shame to have it destroy a dam and then have some rain and not be able to store the water or use for flood control when you know it will be needed in the coming summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom