California: Historic Vote On Cannabis Regulation To Take Place On Tuesday, January 12

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Monsanto corp. has patented certain genes in their crops. i think it was barely or something. and they won a lawsuit in court were it cross pollinated a farmer down the roads crop, and he continued to grow the 50/50 hybrid and was ordered to shut down. you can watch it on YouTube"the world according to Monsanto."

but i dont see how they can patened an existing strain, how could you patent something that potentially been grown for a 1000 years.

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

im grow tree for my medical problems and 2 help pay my bills!!! if it becomes legal the walmart of weed will come in and take over and put all of us small farmers out of business!!!!! for the average weed smoker this will help them it will lower the price and make it easier 2 get BUT like i said it will give the allready rich all the money made from weed!!!! all the mom and pop grows will be put out of business!!! the owner of blue sky is said 2 have thousnds of mother plants ready 2 go if it passes!! its just like everything else in this country if the rich see the poor making money they want in they want it all!!!!!!!!! and if this passes it opens the door up for the rich 2 come in and take over the weed trade FUCK THAT VOTE NO!!!!!! all of us small farmers will be put out of business every1 must register 2 vote and vote no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Mark my words and I've said this before. When they see how much money is really there to be made. The government will step in and let their friends that are BIG business like Bayer and other companies like them and they will take over everything. They will write the rules, laws and force all the small time farmers out of business. It won't be for the medical people anymore. It will be under one roof. Legal cannabis and all the medical people will be forced to get your med's from the approved locations, period.

If you think your going to apply for a license and be a legal farmer for profit. Well, if your like me and have a old charge on your record. Nothing major what so ever. You will be deny a license period. They are going to write all the rules in their favor period. It's always been like that and always will. I'm all for legal cannabis, but not to make the rich even richer.

I know families in the Triangle that will be totally FUCKED! They are to old to do anything else and the jobs they use to do is no longer around. Allot of families are going to be in major trouble.

My 2-cents,
BG

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

Mark my words and I've said this before. When they see how much money is really there to be made. The government will step in and let their friends that are BIG business like Bayer and other companies like them and they will take over everything. They will write the rules, laws and force all the small time farmers out of business. It won't be for the medical people anymore. It will be under one roof. Legal cannabis and all the medical people will be forced to get your med's from the approved locations, period.

If you think your going to apply for a license and be a legal farmer for profit. Well, if your like me and have a old charge on your record. Nothing major what so ever. You will be deny a license period. They are going to write all the rules in their favor period. It's always been like that and always will. I'm all for legal cannabis, but not to make the rich even richer.

I know families in the Triangle that will be totally FUCKED! They are to old to do anything else and the jobs they use to do is no longer around. Allot of families are going to be in major trouble.

My 2-cents,
BG

i definately share your view BG.. the people of so hum are not happy.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Families in Nor Humboldt are very worried. No more lumber,fishing and nothing else to do. No jobs, what are they to do if this is taken away from them. I've told this to people all over town. These are non-smoker and growers. "You can talk all the shit you want about growers", but with out them. All these towns would have folded, so thank them for helping you keep your jobs.

People don't really understand how many jobs grower's have help keep. In those area's that are big for growing. You can guess what direction I'm voting..
BG

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

thank you billy goat!! PREACH!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD 2 ALL GROWERS!!!!!!! VOTE NO!!!!! if it passes it will put all the mom and pop growers out of business!!!!!! the rich will come in and take all the money!!!!! please spread the word!!! we cant let this happen!!!!!!!!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
again what about us no med people ? what are we supposed to do? your are talking about 1 state mainly, there is 49 others. alcohol is completely regulated you cant even label a bottle humboldt county unless 85% of the grapes come from that region and if you label says Kid twist estates it has to have 95% of the grapes come from my property. there is similar rules in all countries for wine. only place in the world you can make bourbon is Kentucky, champagne and Cognac is from France and France only, tequila Mexico and so on. if it becomes legal land in humboldt that grows good pot would turn into estates and such just like winery's. people make and sell their own wine with as little as 10k start up.

you don't think people in other countries that can smoke weed are gonna wanna buy og kush from humboldt? there will be a demand all over the world not just USA. there is a world of possibilities if people could just look beyond 5-10k watt set up in a basement/attic.Take shoes /sneakers for instance they are legal everywhere. big companies make them but if me or you make some good shoes that people want you could make tons of money.

If they say you cant grow if you have a record get the license in a relative or good friends name. but i don't see how this will happen as with alcohol having a record doesn't bar you from making liquor to sell to bars/liquor stores only for a liquor license to sell to consumers..

Billygoat

Billygoat

again what about us no med people ? what are we supposed to do? your are talking about 1 state mainly, there is 49 others. alcohol is completely regulated you cant even label a bottle humboldt county unless 85% of the grapes come from that region and if you label says Kid twist estates it has to have 95% of the grapes come from my property. there is similar rules in all countries for wine. only place in the world you can make bourbon is Kentucky, champagne and Cognac is from France and France only, tequila Mexico and so on. if it becomes legal land in humboldt that grows good pot would turn into estates and such just like winery's. people make and sell their own wine with as little as 10k start up.

you don't think people in other countries that can smoke weed are gonna wanna buy og kush from humboldt? there will be a demand all over the world not just USA. there is a world of possibilities if people could just look beyond 5-10k watt set up in a basement/attic.Take shoes /sneakers for instance they are legal everywhere. big companies make them but if me or you make some good shoes that people want you could make tons of money.

If they say you cant grow if you have a record get the license in a relative or good friends name. but i don't see how this will happen as with alcohol having a record doesn't bar you from making liquor to sell to bars/liquor stores only for a liquor license to sell to consumers..

First, i don't want anyone to take this as a attach or hate. This is just my feeling and beliefs on the subject. I care about everyone here at the Farm and don't want them to think I'm pissed or going after them. This is what I have to say about your reply xX Kid Twist Xx.

What about the non-medical people. VOTE!, get out and get them to legalize in your state. That's the only thing you can pretty much do. I was in your shoes once and I know how you feel. There isn't much more you can do, but vote and get the word out. Or, you can move to one of the 14 states that is medical and get a card.

You talk about 49 other states. There are a total of 14 states right now. That are medical and I can't remember the number that has legalization on there up coming ballot, but there are a few. As you can see, others are doing their own thing and the ball is moving. It might not be moving fast enough for you and others, but the ball is moving. You've got to remember. Years back, we weren't even this far. We as cannabis members. Have come a long way and have a long way to go.

You pointed to this % and area's of grown wine and cannabis. I understand where your coming from, but your forgetting one thing. Yes, you might be right about people wanting the good old Humboldt grown cannabis. Yes, people might go out of there way for it, but you are forgetting the BIG picture.

The GOVERNMENT will spent in and let all the big companies in. Don't think they are eyeing the old farm land and are ready to convert some of them. Some big names have already been in the area eyeing old warehouse spaces from the old lumber days. My point of this rant. They will force everyone out. The government will license all their family and friends to come in with their companies and be license to grow. Everyone that has been up here for generation will be forced out.

Yes, some of them might get jobs. And I want you to mark my words here. They will train the staff and then be let go after the company is up and running. Why didn't the Canadian government hire someone like reeferman to setup their government site in those caves? They do things the way they want and fuck everyone else.

As for this "If they say you cant grow if you have a record get the license in a relative or good friends name." I shouldn't have to do something else, but I will bet you $100 bucks right now and here. If you have a record. You will "NOT" be able to be issues a license. Trust me, they are thinking about keeping the gangs all out of this area. This is how they are going to try and weed out the criminals on this one. See, you didn't think about that. So, all you boyz blowing it up down in LA. You will be done and will be forced underground.

As for me, I don't want to grow for money. I'm happy making seeds and would love to do just that. I get major joy seeing others grow my seeds and see the wonderful pictures they post. Hearing reports that they love the smoke, etc. I would be happy selling seeds, but don't think I will be forced out by the big seed companies, or big restrictions placed on me. Don't think they are going to give me some shit and try to force me and others out.

Yes, I've got a record and it was for growing. Waiting a whole year and half just to go to trial. Then cost me a total of 30K, lost a nice SUV just paid off and was bought with all legal money. So, those fuckers legally stolen my SUV. Spent a full and I mean a full 2 years to the day on probations, drug classes, pissing in a cup every visit and lost my gun rights. I can never go hunting with my father again. Unless, I get my record cleared of the felony one day.

Oh, and for the record. The only person that really stepped up to help me out was Texas Kid. I will always be thankful to him for that. I didn't have people flooding to help me out like Joe. I pretty much was on my own, so long story short. I've paid my dues and some. If I want to sell seeds and grow. I should be allowed to do that.

If they legalize cannabis. Mark my words. They are going to force allot of people out and make it so strict. Don't worry, I'll make sure to post a thread "I Told You So!"

Oh, and this vote is for Cali. Not the rest of the united states. Yes, I know most of the other states will follow suit, but I've got to vote "No" to protect the families that have no other means to put food on their table.

I will vote "Yes". If they write out everything clear and in favor of small business. Then I would consider it, but they are seeing how much money is here.

I could tell you about back office deals that have already been made with some clubs. It's shocking what has already happen and what is going to happen. Big companies are already visiting Humboldt. If you think I'm full of it. I really don't care. I live here and see and hear all. People are freaking out and that's no joke.

Again, these are just some reason I'm voting "NO". I know I went into a rant, but at this time. I think it's a bad idea. Till they write out some guidelines ahead of the game. I do not want to vote this in and then they write the rules after the game is over.
Take care,
BG

PS. There are no jobs here. This will force even more people to be forced out of their homes, but that's what they want, so they can buy up all the land. If you can't grow and move your product. You can't afford your house/land note. Then the bank get's your land. Then your land get's sold to an outside company. Didn't think about that did you.

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

billygoat THANK YOU!!!!! i read the law!!! i see it coming!! EVERY1 MUST VOTE NO 2 LEGALIZE!!!!!! keep it medical!!!!!! the law is set up 2 help the rich and the goverment take over the weed trade!!!!! VOTE NO 2 LEGALIZE the goverment wants all the money

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Though Ammiano's bill is technically dead, he can introduce a new version after Jan. 23. His spokesman, Quintin Mecke, said Ammiano is considering waiting to see whether voters pass a November ballot measure to legalize pot, then introducing a bill to clarify how a legal pot market would be governed in California.

Technically anyone of us could write a bill on how to legalize this Medicine, and "clarify" how to govern it, the only problem is that the Government "needs" money and are trying to use disabled people to make it.

Has anyone heard of the Americans with Disabilities Act? I am on SSI and can not take Prescription Pills/Narcotics, so my only relief comes in the form of a nice fat green organic completely fresh BUD.... not some pill that my pharmacy can change manufacturer and not even tell me. How am I going to be able to get my medicine at a reasonable cost when I am on a fixed income? That seems like discrimination on some level to me? Some corporate government official needs to not try and use MY DISABILITY TO MAKE A PROFIT FOR THIS STATE........:fixed:

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
As of now i am not supporting a damn thing that has to do anything with Oaksterdam Fuck RICH LEE vote no!!!!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
First, i don't want anyone to take this as a attach or hate. This is just my feeling and beliefs on the subject. I care about everyone here at the Farm and don't want them to think I'm pissed or going after them. This is what I have to say about your reply xX Kid Twist Xx.

What about the non-medical people. VOTE!, get out and get them to legalize in your state. That's the only thing you can pretty much do. I was in your shoes once and I know how you feel. There isn't much more you can do, but vote and get the word out. Or, you can move to one of the 14 states that is medical and get a card.

You talk about 49 other states. There are a total of 14 states right now. That are medical and I can't remember the number that has legalization on there up coming ballot, but there are a few. As you can see, others are doing their own thing and the ball is moving. It might not be moving fast enough for you and others, but the ball is moving. You've got to remember. Years back, we weren't even this far. We as cannabis members. Have come a long way and have a long way to go.

You pointed to this % and area's of grown wine and cannabis. I understand where your coming from, but your forgetting one thing. Yes, you might be right about people wanting the good old Humboldt grown cannabis. Yes, people might go out of there way for it, but you are forgetting the BIG picture.

The GOVERNMENT will spent in and let all the big companies in. Don't think they are eyeing the old farm land and are ready to convert some of them. Some big names have already been in the area eyeing old warehouse spaces from the old lumber days. My point of this rant. They will force everyone out. The government will license all their family and friends to come in with their companies and be license to grow. Everyone that has been up here for generation will be forced out.

Yes, some of them might get jobs. And I want you to mark my words here. They will train the staff and then be let go after the company is up and running. Why didn't the Canadian government hire someone like reeferman to setup their government site in those caves? They do things the way they want and fuck everyone else.

As for this "If they say you cant grow if you have a record get the license in a relative or good friends name." I shouldn't have to do something else, but I will bet you $100 bucks right now and here. If you have a record. You will "NOT" be able to be issues a license. Trust me, they are thinking about keeping the gangs all out of this area. This is how they are going to try and weed out the criminals on this one. See, you didn't think about that. So, all you boyz blowing it up down in LA. You will be done and will be forced underground.

As for me, I don't want to grow for money. I'm happy making seeds and would love to do just that. I get major joy seeing others grow my seeds and see the wonderful pictures they post. Hearing reports that they love the smoke, etc. I would be happy selling seeds, but don't think I will be forced out by the big seed companies, or big restrictions placed on me. Don't think they are going to give me some shit and try to force me and others out.

Yes, I've got a record and it was for growing. Waiting a whole year and half just to go to trial. Then cost me a total of 30K, lost a nice SUV just paid off and was bought with all legal money. So, those fuckers legally stolen my SUV. Spent a full and I mean a full 2 years to the day on probations, drug classes, pissing in a cup every visit and lost my gun rights. I can never go hunting with my father again. Unless, I get my record cleared of the felony one day.

Oh, and for the record. The only person that really stepped up to help me out was Texas Kid. I will always be thankful to him for that. I didn't have people flooding to help me out like Joe. I pretty much was on my own, so long story short. I've paid my dues and some. If I want to sell seeds and grow. I should be allowed to do that.

If they legalize cannabis. Mark my words. They are going to force allot of people out and make it so strict. Don't worry, I'll make sure to post a thread "I Told You So!"

Oh, and this vote is for Cali. Not the rest of the united states. Yes, I know most of the other states will follow suit, but I've got to vote "No" to protect the families that have no other means to put food on their table.

I will vote "Yes". If they write out everything clear and in favor of small business. Then I would consider it, but they are seeing how much money is here.

I could tell you about back office deals that have already been made with some clubs. It's shocking what has already happen and what is going to happen. Big companies are already visiting Humboldt. If you think I'm full of it. I really don't care. I live here and see and hear all. People are freaking out and that's no joke.

Again, these are just some reason I'm voting "NO". I know I went into a rant, but at this time. I think it's a bad idea. Till they write out some guidelines ahead of the game. I do not want to vote this in and then they write the rules after the game is over.
Take care,
BG

PS. There are no jobs here. This will force even more people to be forced out of their homes, but that's what they want, so they can buy up all the land. If you can't grow and move your product. You can't afford your house/land note. Then the bank get's your land. Then your land get's sold to an outside company. Didn't think about that did you.

i see all your points. and i dont live there so i dont know. the other 14 states that have medical are very strict except for a few, it will be leagal long before someone like me can get a med card.

I know one thing for certain if people keep screaming medical that's a sure fire way to lose it to big company. See the thing is "medicine" needs to be regulated free of contamination manufactured under strict conditions. this means no mites, PM, botrytis thrips and so on. how long before people that smoke moldy pot on a daily basis get affected by it? or what about the guy that gets lung cancer and cries hey this dispensary sold me the pot that fucked me up? Most of these mom and pops grow with mites and pm cut out bud rot likes its no big deal. the guy at the dispensary that has a elbow of moldy pot is not gonna throw it out, hes gonna sell it and sleep well at night.

someone has to set some guide lines and regulations and if we don't vote a law in that does, someone else will. these bills that are up may not be what we need, i agree. but im sure you all can see that something is coming in the near future one way or another. I just hope we have a say in it. someone needs to draw up a bill that works and start a campaign.

just like you billygoat. I am just expressing how i feel. I have more respect for you then you know. I think the way you run your show is top notch. I know we don't know each other but you have influenced me on how i will run mine.

G

Gro

hate to burst your bubbles but large corps have already bought vast tracts of land in no. cal,r j renolds ownes 10's of thousands of acres alone.and if you think they hav'nt already procured gens,breading programs,and botanical scientists......wake up!corporations like to hire mindless robots to slave for them.they are not going to hire free spirited individuals.if your not willing to conform to their mission(profit at all cost)there will be no place for you.in fact they will most likely try to make it illegal to own and propagate seed.look at what dupont did to the hemp industry in the 20's.and more recently,what monsanto has done to the soy farmer.WAKE UP PEOPLE,CORPORATIONS ARE THE ENEMY!do not let them invade our territory.VOTE NO!:middlefinger

fight the good fight,
g,ro

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
it already is illegal to own seeds or grow pot.

G

Gro

KID,the point is if legalization passes,it will be for the sole purpose of generating profits for corps.we will all become either consumers or outlaws.there will be no ligit place for small scale breeders and and growers.:mad0233:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i hear you but we are already consumers and outlaws. in the US last year over 8 million people admitted to using cannabis more then 100 times a year. even if only 5 million people smoke a gram a day, just in the USA that's over 11,000 lbs a day.

whats to stop a big company from growing medical right now? they can get collectives to sign with them just like me and you could.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning xX Kid Twist Xx,

I agree with you allot. I do see you point and you do have some good ones. Your totally right about setting guidelines on cannabis. I've seen the buds covered in PM and mold. Your right about them no caring. I'm totally with you and right there will you. It's good that some of the clubs already test for mold. You can never know what that might do to your lungs and the rest of your body.

I think the biggest problem I have. Is the way they wrote things. I'm all for legalizing it "RIGHT NOW". As long as the rules are written to allow small op's but with guidelines, and clearly written, no loop holes and limits big business.

I would love to know. I can grow a couple of 15' Thai and Vietnamese in my yard. Knowing, no one is going to steal them or bust me. If it was legal. Pretty much everyone would be growing and less chances of a awesome looking tree's would be messed with.

Even, though we are legal. People from around and down south still rip crops. I agree with allot of points here. If they can write out the rules to go along with the small grower's and limit big business. I'm all for it, but till that day happens. I'm going to vote "NO" on them.

As for those in the other medical states. Work on getting the laws loosen some. At least you made the first step. Now, it's up to you to take the other steps. Nice to see everyone getting along in this thread. Glad to see members can get along. Thanks for the support.
Take care,
BG

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

i was going 2 vote yes untill i read the law!!! i was shocked i couldnt believe they would even ask us 2 vote yes on it!!! the law is set up for the goverment and big companys 2 come in and completly take over californias weed trade!!!! they dont just want some of the money THEY WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!! VOTE NO ITS A SCAM THERE TRING 2 TAKE OVER!!!!!! please all california growers just read the law i garentee youll vote no after!!!!!!!

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Great discussion here folks! Valid points on both sides and kudos for keeping it civil! Though we may differ on some views, it's imperative we stand together as a community.

My view? I'd rather it remain illegal than to give in to government and corporate control and regulation.

What is more at issue here, IMO, is money. And isn't it always? If you have not seen the documentary movie Food, Inc., do yourself a favor and rent it. It shows what happens when a handful of large corporations with heavy influence over the government, control our food source. Make no mistake, this is not another conspiracy theory. Look at who some of the big money contributors are behind controlled marijuana legalization. I fear that if this bill passes, we will indeed see an industrialization of marijuana. And the people who benefit by it will not be me and you, Joe and Jane toker/farmer, but the US government and the billionaires (both private and corporate) who have this country in their back pockets.

Our country is no longer a free nation. It's been getting more and more restrictive for the last 40-50 years and increasingly controlled by the financial sector whose billionaires know how to rob the coffers with a skill and ease unrivaled in recent history. It shows no signs of slowing down. If you think they have our best interests at heart, you're in lala land. The only interest they have is in how much money they can make from this off the backs of those of us that laid the foundation and have been doing the work for decades. They WILL kick us to the curb when we are no longer useful to them. Again, look at what happened to the small and medium farms in this country when they were run out by corporations with their huge industrialized operations - nearly overnight.

And do you think we get accurate, honest information from our government??? I think most of us in this particular industry know better. Look at who sits on the board of the FDA as one example. Here are two links with articles that explain it. One and two.

I want complete legalization without government interference and though I am hopeful, I don't believe it will happen in my lifetime. I should be able to grow, use and sell marijuana as a cash crop just like I do my other herbs, fruits, and vegetables. People should have the option to buy from their local farmer rather than be forced to buy from a government sanctioned dispensary that receives its goods from government sanctioned commercial growers who's main interest is in making HUGE, OBSCENE amounts of money rather than producing wholesome products for a decent profit. (I'm not talking about growers here on this forum but the large corporate controlled operations that ARE getting set to go into production when given the all clear signal.) People are just now realizing that industrialized farming is not good for us - neither will be industrialized marijuana farming. People are starting to support their small local farmers again by buying direct because they realize it's the better way to live and be healthy. I believe the best way for people to obtain their ganja is either direct from the farmer or through dispensaries that buy from local farmers. It is or can be a self regulating industry. If farmers grow crap, good dispensaries refuse it. Dispensaries that sell crap will eventually die off as word gets around. Farmers that grow crap will be out of business. At least in my view of a perfect world this is the way things should work. :angel The community supports and regulates itself.

One area we really need to check ourselves for is pesticide use but that's another discussion.

I vote "no" on this legislation. WE CAN DO BETTER!

Thanks for letting me share my opinion...

T

THE_SOURCE

im new 2 this site but ive been growing in ca for many many moons!! i was 100 percent for legalization untill i read the law!! the law is for the rich 2 get richer!!! if we vote 2 legalize we cut our own throats and let the goverment and the there friends come in and take all the money!!!! please read the law b4 your vote!!!!! VOTE NO 2 LEGALIZE IN CA KEEP IT MEDICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please spread the word 2 every1 you know and tell them 2 tell every1 they know to VOTE NO 2 LEGALIZE!!!!!!! why should we the growers in ca vote for the goverment 2 come in and put us out of business???????? yea people say good tree will allways sell it wont!!!!! not when the goverment/corperations are produsing tons the price is going 2 bottom out, good tree will sell for dirt prices!!!!! if it legalizes now the coperations will take over all of the unitied states weed trade there going 2 grow tons and people from every state are going 2 make trips 2 cali 2 buy pounds and pounds and drive it back 2 there state 2 sell!!! not only will the goverment take over californias weed trade they will take over the countrys!!!! VOTE NO VOTE NO VOTE NO

Latest posts

Top Bottom