California introduces bill to legalize pot

• Thread starter Highlander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

every thread i read at different sites i keep hearing "im moving to cali to set up 100 light op if this law passes" .

honestly you'll be a jonny come lately if you do because there is already a massive canna infrastructure in place .

don't you all think that the huge ops in place already will out-produce anything you can move here to do . genetics here are nothing exclusive . i can't see someone saying well i'll just grow x and no one will have it and i'll corner the market or i grow better than the next guy lol ok sure

people talking silly like this have no idea .
you would have as much success as trying to go into the online book sales business against amazon , lol yea those odds are good

and yes prices of herb will plummet to the point that only the biggest ops can afford to be profitable.

would you be happy to sell your indoor lbs for $1500 ? figuring in the 50 dollar per ounce tax that equals 800 per lb.

if you don't think prices will drop to that level you really don't understand the cali marketplace . i can go get lbs right now in the $1800 range and right after the outdoor seasons harvest prices drop to 1200-1500 range from the bigger growers that are now producing 500-1000 lbs yearly .

now if it is legalized i see indoor prices dropping to the range between 1500-2000 per lb no matter how good you think your weed is , now take away the $800 per lb tax and factor in the other 30% or so your going to pay in income tax and this whole things sound a lot less profitable .

hate to be a wet blanket but that's reality

most likely the unfortunate outcome of the matter...

K

kill-9

I still think alot of people will fly under the radar and skip on taxes. Definitely not hating on that. I mean, are the growers gonna set up shop and contact mastercard for a machine so people can put it on the card? lol

But this is all pure speculation. I don't think we'll see legalization in our lifetime.

G

greyfx

If it was up to people like you no it wouldn't ever because you have no hope. No determination. It will be legal in our lifetime and probably within a couple of years. Why don't you try to educate some people and than you can smoke your herb all the time :D.

Lets face it the drug war is a failure, people are realizing that. States that would never have passed are passing medical, that's the first step than full legalization. It's funny everyone who seems that this won't pass is from california. If I lived there I would be promoting it like crazy. People can put pressure on politicians.

K

kill-9

If it was up to people like you no it wouldn't ever because you have no hope. No determination. It will be legal in our lifetime and probably within a couple of years. Why don't you try to educate some people and than you can smoke your herb all the time :D.

I have hope, I'm just realistic.

Unfortunately, old men are politicians, and they worry about their J-O-B. They consider it political suicide to support the legalization or decriminalization of marijuana.

Just look at Mr. Black Man Holding me down Barack Obama. He was preaching about Marijuana and the decriminalization to garner voter support, and what does he do when he's President of the Fuckin United States? "Oh I don't support decriminalization of marijuana anymore."

And he's a former big time smoker.

Lets face it the drug war is a failure, people are realizing that. States that would never have passed are passing medical, that's the first step than full legalization. It's funny everyone who seems that this won't pass is from california. If I lived there I would be promoting it like crazy. People can put pressure on politicians.

Pressure ain't jack shit. How do laws get passed in this world? By greasing a couple of politicians. Sad but true.

The drug war is indeed a failure, but there simply are not enough smokers. The prohibition on alcohol was an extreme failure, and the masses went in uproar and so the government had to legalize it.

We simply are lacking numbers, but even as the medical marijuana grows larger, so does the number of "OMG drugs are evil" minded people grow.

People carry a high respect of cops and DEA agents, if you talk smack about the pigs, they say "You won't be singing the same tune when someone attacks your family".

It's the same fuckin pathetic line from them. "Everyone hates cops until they need 'em".

Marijuana won't be legalized.

G

greyfx

It is legalized, medically. In over 13 states. More and more states are adopting marijuana laws. It's also funny that their are cops who support legalization.

Marijuana will be legal in all states before homosexual marriage is allowed in all states. Maybe you should get active and educate people outside. Not everyone smokes weed but that doesn't mean that others should judge you. People have been taught that weed is bad and harmful. Education is the key. Marijuana will be legal. If its legal in another country than it will be legal here one day I KNOW it will. I won't stop fighting until it is and I will educate everyone I can. Cigs are way more harmful than marijuana, you and I know this. Educate and it will happen, well whether or not you educate anyone or not its going to happen there are thousands of us who do educate others. Almost every campus has a norml chapter, every state I have been to, which is a lot of fucking states, there are weed smokers and people who smoke weed. Its people with elitetist attitudes that don't educate outsiders and think that just because someone doesn't smoke that they don't care. That's the wrong way to be. I'm sure if the slaves thought like you, or If Martin Luther King thought like you we wouldn't have a black president right now.

Your argument that pressure isn't jack shit is flawed, just look at south america, lots of pressure. You really aren't being realistic at all. We live in a democracy although sometimes it may not feel like it.

I also disagree with the fact about cops. I dislike troll just as much as the next person but they are human beings and they do have jobs. Not all cops believe that marijuana should be illegal my friend. That would be like someone labeling all of us who smoke as stupid potheads your stooping to that level......

What did the civil rights movement take? EDUCATION!!!!!!!!!

THINK!

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Remember microbrew people still pull in up to $12 a six pack even with the big companies that sell shitty beer

hubcap

hubcap

^^^true^^^

but if its legalized, like the thread title states, why would one hafta buy it at any price?

they could grow it in the yard, house and home.

seems silly to pay for it if its 'legalized' no?

on the lighter side....
maybe its a good thing to just stabilize ALL crops to a certain price range per pound so the 'you gotta try my platinum hollyweed uber doober kush for $5,000/lb' people are taken out of the loop.

would price stabilization lead to an even more decline in available sativas...
since they take alot of time and effort to produce meager yields, would people simply look weight and totally overlook quality?

interesting all of this decriminalization talk in the states...

10 years ago we could go to jail for even discussing it.

we sure have come a long way regardless.

-hubcap-

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I think OB has hit most of it right on the head . I think the problem Hubcap is alot of people just can't grow plants . Think of how many people will pay the $50 per oz and not pull off a crop due to being lazy and not wanting to learn or they will just produce some nasty shit . Oh let's not forget how many rookies won't pull there males outside and all of that free floating pollen fuckin up others crops and ruining the gene pool even more

D

Dagga

It'll be gravy ya'll!!
supply will NEVER meet demand! think how long it takes to grow a pound and how quick it takes to sell one!
D

Greyskull

Greyskull

-hubcap-

people can brew their own beer all they want. i still see beer commercials during the super bowl...

That, and like Zoo pointed out so eloquently - not all folks can really grow plants properly. You see it all over the boards... not all growers are created equal. Its the way it is.

maybe its a good thing to just stabilize ALL crops to a certain price range per pound so the 'you gotta try my platinum hollyweed uber doober kush for $5,000/lb' people are taken out of the loop.

since they take alot of time and effort to produce meager yields, would people simply look weight and totally overlook quality?

-hubcap-

hey dude you are NEVER gonna take those folks out of the loop. What you are implying (what I am interpreting anyway) is the makers of rolls royce sell their wares at the same price as a hyundai... HA HA HA! right dude....

I think stabilizing the price would eliminate the sativas form the retail market all together... who's gonna want to wait 14 wks for a harvest when they can have almost 2 8/9wk crops down in the same time, and get double the money? The dude that takes the time to grow the 14wk plant properly should be compensated as such.

on a side note, anyone heard the RUSH song "The Trees"? For some reason this topic is making me think of it....

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples
(and theyre quite convinced theyre right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks cant help their feelings
If they like the way theyre made
And they wonder why the maples
Cant be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream `oppression!`
And the oaks, just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
the oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light
Now theres no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet,
Axe,
And saw ...

F

Fred Norris

^^^true^^^

but if its legalized, like the thread title states, why would one hafta buy it at any price?

on the lighter side....

interesting all of this decriminalization talk in the states...

10 years ago we could go to jail for even discussing it.

we sure have come a long way regardless.

-hubcap-

i think it will be good as long as they let the homegrowers do their thing.

honestly, most of the American public is fuckin lazy. they want what the want, and they dont want to have to put any effort in. this is why our markets are full of tasteless veggies and fruits.

the average joe(around here at least) would be perfectly happy going to the corner store and buying a cheap bag of unflushed commercial shitty herb. the connoisseur market will still be intact, for people who demand quality,imo.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I hope they make it legal and look for growers to help with higher grade herb because I promise ya my hat will be tossed to them because I can be bought for a price I promise you that . I would sell out to them in a minute , give my family benefits , a nice salary and I'm their

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Concentr8 corner

the average joe(around here at least) would be perfectly happy going to the corner store and buying a cheap bag of unflushed commercial shitty herb. the connoisseur market will still be intact, for people who demand quality,imo.

CONCENTR8 CORNER

Coming Soon.............

Aqua Lab Tech

photo from Bubbleman

DSC08786
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Man Aqua I wish I had a box of those man , niceeee:rasta:

Greyskull

Greyskull

I hope they make it legal and look for growers to help with higher grade herb because I promise ya my hat will be tossed to them because I can be bought for a price I promise you that . I would sell out to them in a minute , give my family benefits , a nice salary and I'm their

no shit I am with you there Zoo!

A

akaKGB

pure trichome vials....mmm nice...sprinkle some of that on yer herb...mind expanding goodness enhancing everything....damn im stoned....KGB....oh btw im with Zoo on that i am for sale for the right amount of $$$ all offers considered rofl KGB

H

Highlander

If it's legal phillips morris and all these big companies will be looking for established commercial growers from europe and the emerald triangle to buy out so unless you currently have warehouses in berkley or thousands of plants no one will be trying to buy you out...I'm not hating on you guys! It's just reality that if these companies come out here to cali then they will be producing more marijuana then we could ever dream of! and these companies will want people who are use to producing 1000's of lbs a year. Also, when corporations expand they normally look for established operations that they can just buy out instead of starting from scratch! my advice is go to berkley where they already have no plant limits and start your warehouse asap so when these companies come here they will just buy you out and keep you on salary as Top Farmer!

Memorias

Memorias

what's up farmers really important topic here. I see a lot of u are counting their chicks before they hatch.we have to get this bill passed first and foremost. If this does pass, you think the rest of the country is going to let Ca have all the fun and $$$? A good example is Medical MJ. CA is not the only one with Medical MJ. We have to change the way people look at mj. People like my parents generation, who were brought up with the impression of only scums of the earth smoke mj. That's ridiculous. I know people that go thru migraines, back pains, family members with cancer that rather take pharmacy pills for their aches and pains because of what they were told when they were growing up. You see it on CNN people calling in with their opinions of how it's a gateway to hell. They don't want people smoking it in front of their kids. But you can't tell me smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol is better for you. Alcohol will ruin your life and harm your family PERIOD Cigarettes will kill you Period but that's okay to do in front of kids? We have to take the evil out of MJ. We have to undo what the gov did. the ultimate goal is to not go to jail for a plant . just my 2 cents :cool0041:

K

kill-9

It is legalized, medically. In over 13 states. More and more states are adopting marijuana laws. It's also funny that their are cops who support legalization.

Marijuana will be legal in all states before homosexual marriage is allowed in all states. Maybe you should get active and educate people outside. Not everyone smokes weed but that doesn't mean that others should judge you. People have been taught that weed is bad and harmful. Education is the key. Marijuana will be legal. If its legal in another country than it will be legal here one day I KNOW it will. I won't stop fighting until it is and I will educate everyone I can. Cigs are way more harmful than marijuana, you and I know this. Educate and it will happen, well whether or not you educate anyone or not its going to happen there are thousands of us who do educate others. Almost every campus has a norml chapter, every state I have been to, which is a lot of fucking states, there are weed smokers and people who smoke weed. Its people with elitetist attitudes that don't educate outsiders and think that just because someone doesn't smoke that they don't care. That's the wrong way to be. I'm sure if the slaves thought like you, or If Martin Luther King thought like you we wouldn't have a black president right now.

Your argument that pressure isn't jack shit is flawed, just look at south america, lots of pressure. You really aren't being realistic at all. We live in a democracy although sometimes it may not feel like it.

I also disagree with the fact about cops. I dislike troll just as much as the next person but they are human beings and they do have jobs. Not all cops believe that marijuana should be illegal my friend. That would be like someone labeling all of us who smoke as stupid potheads your stooping to that level......

What did the civil rights movement take? EDUCATION!!!!!!!!!

THINK!

You lit a fire under my ass, I can't argue with your logic.

P

punkadc

i think just about everybody in here has been right (to some degree):

money raised from taxes will help our economy

there will *always* be a market for high quality bud

there will *always* be lazy 'stoners' that just want to buy a cheap bag

there will *always* be big corporations trying to ca$h in

there will *always* be some lame-ass out there making up bs to sell inferior products

there will *always* be people who dont want to buy it from anyone, and would rather grow their own

regardless of all that, NO ONE belongs in jail for breeding, growing, or smoking cannabis

Latest posts

Top Bottom