Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Most of my grow career was in an arid mountain climate and ifI didnt have commercial dehueys I still would have extreme rh spikes from the plants transpiring everything they ate that day, even in just a 20 light room. If you cant afford dehueys, light proof that industrial fan an wire it to a humistat for your night cycle. Just offering a suggestion that will save your butt later. Believe me im not the one who should be worried, once you get pm in your garden you will never get rid of it unless you completely rebuild and start all fresh plants. Theres been a ton of advice in this thread you turned down that will save your garden down the road. If you need some cheap suggestions for light proofing that industrial exhaust shoot me a PM.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

And were not criticizing you girl, quite a few guys on here (in this thread) have scissors that have touched 100s of pounds and are trying to set you up for success from failures theyve made in the past when they were at your skill level. Around my way 50 lights is introduction level for commercial ops, so there are plenty of ppl who can give you advice on a garden your size. Just dont take what ppl are saying as an attack. Minds are like parachutes they only work when open!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Air movement even at night is your friend keep those leaves moving around helps prevent pm

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I agree with everything said but we have to remember ITG is working on a VERY limited budget too,what she has managed to do with the limited funds available to do it with is amazing to me and i know all of us wish her the best of luck.Other people in other places have million dollar budgets to outfit rooms the right way but for 60k+ that she has scratched up she has managed to be one of the first licensed grower in that state,quite the accomplishment!

inthegorge

inthegorge

Of course we have air movement at night. Of course we light proofed the big ass fan but we also have other smaller fans for intake and exhaust during night phase. We are not just sitting around waiting for bad shit to happen or thinking that it won't happen. We are as proactive as we can be considering our specific circumstances that only we know completely. Thanks fishwhistle and caveman4.20 for recognizing that:-) Not sure what advice you think I turned down HP....I read it all....and considered it all....and acted how I thought worked best for our situation just as you would if someone offered you unsolicited advice. I did say and did mean that this is not a place that I look to for advice but that does not mean that I do not consider it when it is given. I spend all my time however trying to figure it all out myself already. I am no dummy....if I don't understand something or don't know something I find out how to do it or ask someone that does. If anything anyone here posts deals with an issue I have not already considered or brings another aspect of it to me I would always do whatever I needed to figure out a solution. Most of everything anyone has mentioned I have already addressed, perhaps in a different way, but certainly we are not just hanging around here not even thinking about it. When shit knocks on the door I will be as ready as I can be. Our climate control is working for us today and next week and when we need to adjust for weather it will be done, not to worry. We had 87 degrees here last week and we were fine with temps and humidity everywhere in the building for what was necessary in each room. Temps won't be higher until next month so we are good today and tomorrow and next week and will deal with it in our own way if we need to as we continue on this journey. I am not a child to be scolded sir. Your statement that I should have a more open mind is just so far off the mark that it is hilarious my parachute has been permanently open for over 20 years:-) I am always open to learn, anything and everything and in fact it is one of the greatest joys in my life. If I don't know something I go and find out, I am always open to suggestion (which is absolutely different than criticism by the way) and growing weed to the best of my ability is no different than anything else I want to know about in this wonderful world.

Back to the growing stuff! We have rattle snakes and I am not happy about that one single bit:-/ Not cool for the dogs that is for sure or us and I worry that more will want to hang out after we start irrigating outside. Got to try to figure this one out....! First picture is of a fat baby rattler who decided to take on the weed eater instead of slithering away. I think he probably ate one of our cute little blue bellied lizards we keep seeing everywhere outside. My husband was mowing all the weeds around the property to try to take away any cover they would have and saw a big one today. Don't like rattle snakes at all:-(
IMG 0978

Next photo is of our pretty Grape Krush plant grown from seed. What a gorgeous plant and I have taken at least 35 cutting from her. Looking forward to seeing how she finishes out.
IMG 0975

Her stem is as purple as purple can be:-)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I don't want to be any part of the sour stuff I'll just troll your thread. Last bit of advice and comments....I promise.
Try not to fall into a dualist mentality. Just because we offer advice doesn't mean I think you havent already considered it or acted on it. Try not to let us stress you. Us meaning, the outspoken. Don't take it personal. Make a private thread if you want to control who responds to your thread or even sees it.

Peace Caveman
I tried to pm you but didn't work and best of luck and vibes!:cigar:
Blaze one

inthegorge

inthegorge

Since my goal here is simply to share what is going on with the "legal" recreational situation here in WA state I just won't respond to anything that yanks my chain, imagined or actual. I have no agenda here really. I am nothing special in this field, just especially lucky and I am the first to know that. Spending 1/2 hour writing a response to a post is quite frankly not time I can spare and no one gives a shit anyway about how I think about it and of course that is how it should be:-) After our first harvest or maybe after our outdoor harvest I will probably not be updating anymore. What is going on in the recreational "legal" growing will be pretty common knowledge by then and there will be no need. If I were not in my own shoes and I grew weed, especially if I grew weed in WA I would be interested in how this little experiment of legalization goes...just me personally, and that has turned into my interest in posting here. I do feel not having to hide what I am doing in anyway is quite liberating though and even in posting openly on a growing website, there is some actual satisfaction that it can be done. I will still be reading here though...there is so much great information posted on many of the threads here as you all know since you all posted them and I get lost in time here reading sometimes:-)

Thanks for the wishes of luck...no doubt I will still be needing them at one point or another:-) Hopefully not when it comes to those damned rattle snakes! Looks like we might need to put up some other stuff on our fencing after doing a bit of research because I do not want to be surprised by one of those suckers lurking in the shade of one of my plants!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If I lived up there, I'd be helping you folks relocate the snakes. I love rattlers and snakes so much I got myself bitten. Doesn't hurt much AT ALL, swear to God, but the after stuff does hurt. I had to be holding that snake to get bitten, by the by. I hope you're able to not kill anymore snakes. Do you folks get kings up there? They eat rattlers and other snakes. And the vermin, too.

Caveman, just a note, there's really no way for most members to put up a private thread. They'd have to be able to lock and unlock it at will, and I don't know that a premium membership will allow those functions.

~~=== let's chill out and share a doobie, k? How about I roll up some of this Asgard I got from Loran?

inthegorge

inthegorge

Not to worry Seamaiden...it was not our intention to kill the little devil....no one saw it until they were raking after weed eating. The bull snakes eat the baby rattlers though. I just want to snake proof my fence a bit to try to keep them out for my dogs. It would be a big bummer if our little 5 lb dog got bitten or the shepherd for that matter:-/

Since my purpose here is to share the experience of the "legal" growing here in WA state a private thread would be useless anyway. I am a big girl...I can handle what comes my way:-) Since the first month or so of my posts most of the negative nancies have stopped anyway and the advice given has been usable knowledge. Too little too late perhaps but this is not the "I need help" thread it perhaps was intended in the beginning to be. Funny how things turn out in life isn't it:-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never seen a bullsnake. A bull shark yes, a bull yes, a bull dog absolutely yes. But never a bull snake. Thank you for putting my snakey worries to rest! I know they don't have shoulders, but it's not their fault. :D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
maybe Seamaiden could change the title of the thread..o_O
since your not looking for advice anymore.
Both me and my dogs have been bit by rattlers :(
Be Careful!
Thanks for continuing the updates! :)

@Seamaiden : It hurts like hell woman! wth are talking about? :p

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:p Sir! it really didn't hurt all that much, less than being stuck by a sewing needle. Plus, if you've ever been dinged by a constrictor like a boa or python spp, you'd know that rattlers really don't hurt all that much at all. About as much as the moray bite hurt. Dogs hurt worse. Horses hurt worse. Never been dinged by a pig, but I can imagine that shit would hurt. :D How bad to goat bites hurt?

ITG, would you like me to change the thread title?

inthegorge

inthegorge

Nah...it really is not a big deal. Anyone can post anything they want. No issues at all. I really do not care:-) I am an "explainer" and I will just try to nip that in the bud so to speak and just post my updates.

tweedy

tweedy

And that is exactly what I need! Or someone that can hang until our first crop. Very difficult to ask someone to do that:-(( I do have a spare bedroom if anyone can handle my funny but sometimes asshat drunken husband, my two overly spoiled dogs, our really rotten parrots, our mean cat, the stray cat from the back porch that now is a true couch potato and always on our couch, the neighbors cat that hates our mean cat, attacks her whenever she sees her but is a total sweetie pie to us, and my lazy but gorgeous youngest daughter. We do live in the most amazing spot on the Columbia river with our own private beach. Not a fancy house but it works, a good hot tub with a view of the river, a kayak and canoe for playing on the water and more repotting, spraying, hand watering, cloning and cleaning than any three people can handle:) Taking all applications...and I am totally serious!
Our initial conversation aside, I know how much it can help to have an extra set of hands on deck and I would like to talk to you further about what you might need. I am further west than you but we have family we visit regularly in Othello so we tend to cross paths anyways :) PM me and we can talk about it, not really able to commit to a full workload as I have a mouth to feed over here and a roof to keep but again, I really don't want to see someone's efforts go to waste and I know how easy it is to get buried when full throttle (indoor blooming, outdoor blooming, trimming, etc) happens even with a couple of full time workers.

inthegorge

inthegorge

Gosh...been so freaking busy! Just starting to plant the outdoor garden this weekend Ken. Had to source the growing medium from a different place and it took some time due to financial restraints and our somewhat in the "booneys" location. Plants are hardened well though so hopefully all will go good. Thanks so much for the offer Tweedy. I am quite a bit further south than Othello though, right on the WA/OR border in the gorge so I do not know if that is totally out of your way. I guess it depends on where you are located. Help I could use though:-)

Got our first order for clones:-) 400 of my little ladies sold to another grower and that feels pretty good even if I do have to pay 1/4 of it to the tax man. Kind of hate to see them go though....getting attached to all of them:-/ 14 hour days is the average for me...some are longer...very very few are less. Lots and lots of work and even more to the point....I just worry too much if I am not here. Found more money so I could have one of my partners quit his job and we can pay him monthly but he still wants to give like a months notice so that is not really helpful now. Told my other daughters boyfriend who has been chomping at the bit to quit his job and work for us full time that he could quit and I have money to pay him and he is giving an inordinate amount of notice too!!! What the heck...if it were me I would be jumping for this job.

Plants in flower are coming along nicely....such a lovely batch of aromas in there:-) It has been 90 a couple of days here already and our temps are staying ok....a little warm during the day but we are flowering at night and have the lights off in the veg room for 6 hours during the heat of the day with lots and lots of air movement, humidifiers to keep the humidity even close to a reasonable level for the plants and everything is hanging in there. Cloners are always full and we spend lots of time and lots of money on good soil mix potting every single day. Then the cleaning.....keeping everything as clean as possible and the plants always cleaned up takes a bunch of time as well. Not that I did not know it, not that everyone here did not tell me like 97 times....doing is different than knowing though:-) I have to miss Sasquatch Music fest for the first time ever though...that is a hard blow for me:-( Music festivals are my deal and I have been going to Sasquatch since the first one so that is a bit painful. Might make it for one day so I can see the Foals, De La Soul and Cage the Elephant and even probably the Outkast set although they are not really the kind of music I listen to but I am sure the show will be good.

I decided I am just not the "clean room" kind of person for a grow operation. It is just too restrictive for us. We have dogs, we have great big bay doors that help with ventilation, and I like the damned main door open with the screen door closed so I can see outside. Putting wheels on all the tables so we can put the plants outside even whenever we want to. I think we might just use the inside for flowering only on those plants we already have going during the summer. Still all in flux, figuring out what works best for us. Yes I know about bugs....but a sterile environment is just not our deal as it turns out. I have been making our own different bug sprays from habeneros, rosemary oil, cinnamon oil, ect, using neem oil occasionally as well as azamax, and just an all around maintenance sort of care. Seems to be working pretty good so far. Spent the money on those clean room air intake filters but we can use them in the winter time and keep them in the flowering room. We just need to go with what works for us and locked and sealed is not it.

I am going to ask for advice here so hopefully someone can help. I want to order Caps bennies but do I need all of them or if not which ones would be most important? I see lots of other types of beneficial s out there but of course have seen all the stunning reviews here for Caps so what is the opinion? All or nothing and how much do I need to treat 1400 plants? I have to buy 10 kilos to get a better rate, will that be enough? Sorry...I am sure it is here somewhere but I just don't have the time to search so maybe someone here already knows and could advise? I would really appreciate it. I would post some photos but they are all on the work computer so I will try to post some later today.

Top Bottom