Calling All Window Shaker Ac Users

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

5k if 15k is only needing 700 I should be well passed coved mine does close to 500 cfm

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Air cooled hoods
+A fan blowing the radiant heat from between glass and canopy tops

O

OGIBar

wow only 165 I would of thought way way hotter im trying to think of a way test the psi that is building up and being pushed out the back
That would be cfm and not psi.
You can check the cfm specs on the unit and find out all those variables. The fans are already measured in cfm. That psi you are thinking of is called your static pressure. All calculated out in residential a.c. systems. All.of that theory carries over into fitting supply and exhaust for ur grow area. 1cfm supply to 1 cfm exhaust is calculated as an air change per time period. All calculated. Google and u can figure out your air changes per hour.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

That would be cfm and not psi.
You can check the cfm specs on the unit and find out all those variables. The fans are already measured in cfm. That psi you are thinking of is called your static pressure. All calculated out in residential a.c. systems. All.of that theory carries over into fitting supply and exhaust for ur grow area. 1cfm supply to 1 cfm exhaust is calculated as an air change per time period. All calculated. Google and u can figure out your air changes per hour.
I want to know how much pressure is building up in the box or if the air is just going up and out

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You should be able to get a spec sheet on your a.c.. Just look for some key words. Or hit up cannabisjohn. He's helped me out a lot over the yrs when I've upgraded, or set other rooms up.

O

OGIBar

I want to know how much pressure is building up in the box or if the air is just going up and out
Cut a peep hole in it that you can close. If air is blasting out there is more air than your exhaust fan can handle. I'm guessing the box is cardboard or something? Also you would notice hissing sounds as the box is pressurized. But I bet your fan is pulling pretty well. Did u say 700cfm fan?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

this is what it looked like before hung it and what im really trying to find out what the cfm is of the air coming out of the ac and going up the tube like if I added a fan that is pushing 400 and if the ac is 400 is that 800 cfm or does it - it's self out?

SANY0217
O

OGIBar

No this is the exhaust right? For that set up its hard to say. Why so worried about measuring it? I would just go by whether the box is leaking or not. If its leaking then ur fan can't handle the air flow and your a.c. could freeze up and breakdown as the motor will burn up running too long and hard.
If the box doesn't seem to be leaking and you are getting cold air then it would appear that your solution is working- you are cooling your room.
I wouldn't get into the weeds (pun intended) on anything other than if you are cooling or not. U know?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

No this is the exhaust right? For that set up its hard to say. Why so worried about measuring it? I would just go by whether the box is leaking or not. If its leaking then ur fan can't handle the air flow and your a.c. could freeze up and breakdown as the motor will burn up running too long and hard.
If the box doesn't seem to be leaking and you are getting cold air then it would appear that your solution is working- you are cooling your room.
I wouldn't get into the weeds (pun intended) on anything other than if you are cooling or not. U know?
on the real people are saying its not working bc I still have high temps but no no no no where near what they where at but still hot so I am trouble shooting what els I could do

the box its self is the coolest thing in my room so I don't see how that box would b making the air around it hot when it its self is not hot ... my lights are hotter then sin and im not cooling them right
if u put a room full of cold and u have a vent sucking that air out u would need more cold air going in then air being sucked out

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

The metal case of the a.c., is that hot? By the intake vents.

And the green box and ductwork is not hot, correct?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

correct 0 heat best home fix I have ever done on any thing lol hottest spot is on the like where I could not get reflic but that's only 2 2inch x 1 inch strips and that is 77f and only could get that reading when I touched the heat prob to the plastic in then 2 spots

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

The metal case of the a.c., is that hot? By the intake vents.

And the green box and ductwork is not hot, correct?
also id like to add n not really a green box any more its full of that super sweet reflect so it more of a green holder of awesomeness

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I thought your room the ac is in was getting 90*+. If the green box is not hot, nor the metal a.c. case, your good to go. This is only after the units been running (compressor as well). If still not hot, you should be good to go.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

the room is getting hot bc that damn LEC 315 sooo good of a light but should rename it super nova

the room was getting in to the 120s before the ac

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Air cool the light. I run 3x315 in veg and 4x315 in flower. All air cooled. Veg room has no a.c., lung room air only. Never gets above 84*. I have lots of air movement as well. I've always found you need a.c. in flower. Unless you have cold ambient temps or winter air. I've always ran an ac

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Are you running vert or open hood, no glass right?

Grab a big 18" oscillating fan or one of those 20" box fans, aim that sucker directly between the bulb and canopy, more so twords the bulb. This helps drop some of the radiant heat from bulbs. I do this in all my rooms.

You can always use an open rated bulb in an air cooled hood of you have that option.

Top Bottom