Calling All Window Shaker Ac Users

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Are you running vert or open hood, no glass right?

Grab a big 18" oscillating fan or one of those 20" box fans, aim that sucker directly between the bulb and canopy, more so twords the bulb. This helps drop some of the radiant heat from bulbs. I do this in all my rooms.

You can always use an open rated bulb in an air cooled hood of you have that option.

You can always use an open rated bulb in an air cooled hood of you have that option. no clue what this means lol

it just open no glass and the balist is built in to the light so its all in one

O

OGIBar

this is what it looked like before hung it and what im really trying to find out what the cfm is of the air coming out of the ac and going up the tube like if I added a fan that is pushing 400 and if the ac is 400 is that 800 cfm or does it - it's self out?
I'm curious why
the room is getting hot bc that damn LEC 315 sooo good of a light but should rename it super nova

the room was getting in to the 120s before the ac
Yikes... No venting off the hood? You are pulling the cold air out more than you are displacing all the heat from your lamp... I run T5 in my 4x4 tent and put a.c. duct low and exhaust high. Still high 80s but that is the best I can do. Plants seem good but after a watering its like a jungle in there. My little dehumidifier can't do it.
You would be best off with a direct vent from your lamp hood and another at the top and run cooling down low.
Cool air sinks and hot air, well you know...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

that's why I put the ac so high I figured the cold would sink and only the hot air that is at the roof would get sucked in to the ac then cold air would fall back down cooling the room

Smerb

Smerb

that's why I put the ac so high I figured the cold would sink and only the hot air that is at the roof would get sucked in to the ac then cold air would fall back down cooling the room
I already told you miss to NOT blow that cold air over your bulbs....
... cmon YouTube a video about air cooled lights. Not air conditioner cooled lights...

Smerb

Smerb

I don't have the cold air blowing over the bulbs the ac does not blow over the light
Ok girly. You have it blowing through the hoods? You already told me this... We all are telling you the same thing.... don't use that a/c to cool your lights. Use it to cool the room...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Ok girly. You have it blowing through the hoods? You already told me this... We all are telling you the same thing.... don't use that a/c to cool your lights. Use it to cool the room...

don't use that a/c to cool your lights. Use it to cool the room.. is to the t of what im doing

I have a ac in veg room the air getting pulled over lights comes from a room that is closed off to the ac room

Smerb

Smerb

don't use that a/c to cool your lights. Use it to cool the room.. is to the t of what im doing

I have a ac in veg room the air getting pulled over lights comes from a room that is closed off to the ac room
Why aren't you taking in fresh air?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

only fresh air is the air that is getting sucked in to the room from the open door and no filter on the air going over the bulb

Top Bottom