Calling B.S. on "Must decarb or it won't work" but open to education

• Thread starter Narsbars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

Everything I read tells me I always have to decarb. Well,......I took 2oz of fresh frozen bud and 7 grams of 2nd rate dry screened hash along with an oz of old (2 years) bud to make a concentrate.
I pushed everything in two big mason jars and added a total of 16oz of 200 proof ethanol. I only shook the ingredients for a minute. I ended up with a pale green liquid that I assume was only made up of the trichomes on the buds and minimal chlorophyll. I strained everything through a coffee filter and slowly put it in small glass containers I had previously gotten CDB in. Yes they were washed. Each container only holds 1 1/2 table spoons. To make a long story short the whole 16oz of liquid (about 14oz recovered) evaporated down to about 4 tablespoons of thick, oily liquid. A rice grain under the tongue will give you a 4 hour totally splattered effect and come on in 30 minutes leveling out at an hour. Any more and you wake up trying how to remember how to get out of bed in the morning.
It is my belief that I have not decarbed this product other than what little may have happened by aging the old bud, but I am looking for someone to educate me how I have produced this exceptionally powerful product. Did I decarb it without knowing?
I got pulled over like 10 years ago and had a cut in my pocket. I wolfed it down and chugged some warm coffee. About 4 hours later my GF asked me if I was on drugs. I was pretty farting high.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I got pulled over like 10 years ago and had a cut in my pocket. I wolfed it down and chugged some warm coffee. About 4 hours later my GF asked me if I was on drugs. I was pretty farting high.
Are you saying you got high from eating a clone that fits in your pocket? So like 1/20 of a salad? Did you eat the dirt ball too? 😂

Too much internet for me today boys, I'm out.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I remember reading a while back that THCA will decarboxylate naturally over a period of time into THC, especially if exposed to heat and/or light. You did mention that some of what you used was 2 years old , so that may have been naturally decarboxylated over that time. I will have a look for this article and when I find it I will post it here for you to read.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I remember reading a while back that THCA will decarboxylate naturally over a period of time into THC, especially if exposed to heat and/or light. You did mention that some of what you used was 2 years old , so that may have been naturally decarboxylated over that time. I will have a look for this article and when I find it I will post it here for you to read.
I agree that may be a part of it but this has become paralyzing oil. A fingertip lightly coated at 7:00 pm will leave you in orbit until two hours after you wake up the next morning. Now I wish I had not added the old weed as it may have screwed up the experiment.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I agree that may be a part of it but this has become paralyzing oil. A fingertip lightly coated at 7:00 pm will leave you in orbit until two hours after you wake up the next morning. Now I wish I had not added the old weed as it may have screwed up the experiment.
If you really want to know test it. You will clearly see the amount of thc and thca. Short of that this is all guesses.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Do it yourself with thin layer chromatography. If you really want to understand this whole thing for yourself you are lacking data. Tlc will give it to you.

7munkee

7munkee

Are you saying you got high from eating a clone that fits in your pocket? So like 1/20 of a salad? Did you eat the dirt ball too? 😂

Too much internet for me today boys, I'm out.
A cut...1/8...3.5 grams...half a quarter.

First time I heard my son call it a cut I was like "whaa???"

Seriously though, it hit me hard enough that my eyes were horribly bloodshot for 8 to 10 hours.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I've been down that road...best sleep I ever had over a 2 day period....but the reality is that it depends on a number of factors, which you have not clarified, other than its a paralyzing effect.....
Though I am still searching for that article, it talks about how after cutting, while in the drying phase it starts to decarboxylate naturally, however this amount t is small...but as time passes while curing, the bud is slowly decarbing....and since you gave us no recipe to your mix, 2 years is a long time to have weed curing/ stored, so it is more than likely your 2 year old cannabis was already decarboxylated naturally, and then depending upon the strain potency, the ratio of your mixes to your oil ratio, could indeed cause these effects after they are processed by the liver. I have made some very potent oils myself by just trim of a bud and then decarbed it in the oven and I thought my mix was lights out for days....so, without any real understanding what you did, and how it all plays out is really irrelevant.... cannabis still needs decarboxylation so that it binds with your receptors....that's a fact....so, no BS there. What you actually did is more questionable as to how the process worked for you to achieve what you did.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol man, I remember when cookies and brownies were made with like 2G of straight honey oil per dozen cookies at likely 80%+ thc in the oil. Half a cookie would send you to outer space. Nobody knew what they were doing.
Now my average mellow buzz dose is about 25mg. 50 is rockin the boat. 75-100 mg is just holding on.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I've been down that road...best sleep I ever had over a 2 day period....but the reality is that it depends on a number of factors, which you have not clarified, other than its a paralyzing effect.....
Though I am still searching for that article, it talks about how after cutting, while in the drying phase it starts to decarboxylate naturally, however this amount t is small...but as time passes while curing, the bud is slowly decarbing....and since you gave us no recipe to your mix, 2 years is a long time to have weed curing/ stored, so it is more than likely your 2 year old cannabis was already decarboxylated naturally, and then depending upon the strain potency, the ratio of your mixes to your oil ratio, could indeed cause these effects after they are processed by the liver. I have made some very potent oils myself by just trim of a bud and then decarbed it in the oven and I thought my mix was lights out for days....so, without any real understanding what you did, and how it all plays out is really irrelevant.... cannabis still needs decarboxylation so that it binds with your receptors....that's a fact....so, no BS there. What you actually did is more questionable as to how the process worked for you to achieve what you did.
Not to mention that cured bud gives up the goods far more easily in ETOH than newly cut stuff, so the proportions of old bud contents to new bud in the resulting oil will be higher.

Water in the bud slows down the process significantly because ETOH is very hygroscopic.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Lol man, I remember when cookies and brownies were made with like 2G of straight honey oil per dozen cookies at likely 80%+ thc in the oil. Half a cookie would send you to outer space. Nobody knew what they were doing.
Now my average mellow buzz dose is about 25mg. 50 is rockin the boat. 75-100 mg is just holding on.
I am so far from your level of tolerance the idea of eating 100mg makes my balls tremble - not in a good way.

So one of the old timers here is convinced that the body does some decarbing in the digestive tract. I could never find any evidence of this and chalked it up to "forum wisdom." Do you think there is anything to that?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I've never gotten high eating edibles. Tried a lot. And I mean a lot. The only time I ever got high from eating weed my friend made oil out of buds with alcohol and the mixed it with a tube of pre-made cookie dough. I was high. It was disgusting. Like eating gross brown hash oil. So I am curious as to why. I know I'm immune to it. But why did I get high just that one time?
I did one time. I took 300mg of some Colorado shit all at once. All it did was make me go to sleep. But I woke in the middle of the night to what felt like an acid trip. I was near paralyzed too.. Was loving it.. Then.. I woke up high.. So high for the first time ever. Just felt like a weed high though..

And then I was sick the entire next day.. Dumb..

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

A cut...1/8...3.5 grams...half a quarter.

First time I heard my son call it a cut I was like "whaa???"

Seriously though, it hit me hard enough that my eyes were horribly bloodshot for 8 to 10 hours.
Ahh, got it. I think most people here refer to a cut as a clone.

I'd love to find someone who gets high eating raw undecarbed bud and test that bud for them. My hypothesis is that what goes in must be at least partially decarbed or it acts more like romaine lettuce than drugs.

I'll say it again - I'll test anyone's raw weed that gets them high while eating to see what's what. If it is all THCA and no THC, I'll eat 3.1415927 crows. Publicly.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I did describe my process, recipe and the ratios. The old weed was cured and stored at 55% humidity levels about two years ago or more and stored in a basement where the temps were between 50F and 75F due to sitting on the floor. It felt completely dried out when removed from the jar. I was not dating my jars by year, month, date at that time. I don't have any lab tests but the old weed was meh or it would have been given away, not left to be forgotten. As far as describing the effects of the oil, you are right, it deserves a better description. Prior to a movie night starting with Dune, about an hour in advance I took a bare fingertip under my tongue, about two rice grains worth, held it for a minute and swallowed. By the time the movie started I was in an extremely Sativa like high but mixed with a can't move physical buzz. The Sativa provided awe, insights, and psychedelic lighting effects. The rest of it was just staying in one place. after about an hour of the movie I completely lost track of the thread but was not sleepy or nodding out. By the end of the movie I started being able to pay attention again but had to watch two more C minus flicks before being read for sleep. A total of about 5 hours, with a lot of fast forward on the last two movies. Woke up six hours later coherent but still stoned. It took a lot of coffee and two more hours before returning to level. I hope this description is what you were looking for.

Narsbars

Narsbars

Ahh, got it. I think most people here refer to a cut as a clone.

I'd love to find someone who gets high eating raw undecarbed bud and test that bud for them. My hypothesis is that what goes in must be at least partially decarbed or it acts more like romaine lettuce than drugs.

I'll say it again - I'll test anyone's raw weed that gets them high while eating to see what's what. If it is all THCA and no THC, I'll eat 3.1415927 crows. Publicly.
Fact: I have chewed up fresh weed and gotten high. I always chewed it for a long time trying to break down the fiber before swallowing. It works.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I am so far from your level of tolerance the idea of eating 100mg makes my balls tremble - not in a good way.

So one of the old timers here is convinced that the body does some decarbing in the digestive tract. I could never find any evidence of this and chalked it up to "forum wisdom." Do you think there is anything to that?
Hmm, it's hard to say. Some people's bodies might process it differently? I've eaten a lot of oil and have had batches that didn't decarb properly and the capsules for me anyways, were duds.
But the liver does weird things to cannabinoids. I'd be curious in seeing more research on it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hmm, it's hard to say. Some people's bodies might process it differently? I've eaten a lot of oil and have had batches that didn't decarb properly and the capsules for me anyways, were duds.
But the liver does weird things to cannabinoids. I'd be curious in seeing more research on it.
If I had a test subjects I’d do a tiny trial.

any takers in the Midwest USA?

something like 2 doses to start with one with undecarbed flower in one cookie and the same amount decarbed in the second. User does not know which is which but both are tested prior to consumption. Match results to the blinded inputs.
I’m too close to this to eat them myself.

this could then expand out to test other things in the mix once a baseline is found.

I have everything ready to do this except the tester mouths if anyone is interested

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Fact: I have chewed up fresh weed and gotten high. I always chewed it for a long time trying to break down the fiber before swallowing. It works.
I believe you. The question still remains if there was only thca in the weed or not. We can test for that and have a real discussion based on facts if we do it right.

you are not the first person saying this. If I am not mistaken @Kanzeon gets high from smoothies made with trim leaves still green. I just don’t understand how so I too am willing to be educated

Latest posts

Top Bottom