Calling On Gavita Users

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I still dont have an answer on what is the effective footprint for 1 gavita reflector? Anyone????

Depending on the area covered maybe for my space I could get away with 2 rather than 3 which would reduce my heat signature.

I was also thinking, why couldnt I add another HO can fan and run a 3 way duct having the business end directly above the gavitas as heat rises and pull the excess heat right out into the attic. Seems like it would work. However it wont help with the radiant heat moving downward to the canopy.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
@blazer it isnt so much that when the temps get up to a 100 deg swampers lose their effectiveness here in AZ due to the monsoon season when the Rh climbs thus it lowers the coolers efficiency due to excessive humidity.

I appreciate your looking out.

I Remember when I was a kid and we had that house in az with the swamp cooler. It used to work great. And I remember the temps getting above 125° some days outside.

I still dont have an answer on what is the effective footprint for 1 gavita reflector? Anyone????

Depending on the area covered maybe for my space I could get away with 2 rather than 3 which would reduce my heat signature.

I was also thinking, why couldnt I add another HO can fan and run a 3 way duct having the business end directly above the gavitas as heat rises and pull the excess heat right out into the attic. Seems like it would work. However it wont help with the radiant heat moving downward to the canopy.

You thought about seperating your hoods from one another? Then running seperate ducting for ea light. That way the heat being removed from the first light Won't reduce the ability to cool the 2nd light inline?

Last edited:
blazer

blazer

The RH during monsoon will drastically drop its cooling but also when it gets above a 100 even when it's dry as a bone
Sorry to go off on a cooling tangent on your gavita thread wish I could help you there!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The RH during monsoon will drastically drop its cooling but also when it gets above a 100 even when it's dry as a bone
Sorry to go off on a cooling tangent on your gavita thread wish I could help you there!
No worries bro. thank you for any of your input. What do you think of the venting I talked about? Think it would work?

madscrapper

madscrapper

LOL ......you are willingly coming here??? This place isnt fit for man nor beast.... Look me up if you really do come down...........
Lol,,I kno,,its hot.but its better then the tri-state area(NY.nj.ct)..and I hate the cold.
Deffinetly..I'd like to hit u up w a bunch of questions about regulations out there once the time gets closer if that's cool

blazer

blazer

I Remember when I was a kid and we had that house in az with the swamp cooler. It used to work great. And I remember the temps getting above 125° some days outside.
Evaporative cooler gives a cooling affect like wind blowing across a sweating body you feel cool even if air is warm blowing across you a swamper pushes large amounts of moist air so it cools you but doesn't condition air and bring down temps of objects like water, Rez,walls, soil ect...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

You thought about seperating your hoods from one another? Then running seperate ducting for ea light. That way the heat being removed from the first light Won't reduce the ability to cool the 2nd light inline?
Well Son your memory is failing you. Put down the dabz and the nail LOL. When the monsoons hit having just the swamper was horribly humid and uncomfortable.

madscrapper

madscrapper

I think they say the foot print on the 1000w is 15'x15',,and the 750 is 12'x12' if memory serves me right.I've seen warehouse grows where they hang gavitas 20' above canopy..think of it this way,,u may have to run an ac,but you can cover a lot of space with better light and less lights.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol,,I kno,,its hot.but its better then the tri-state area(NY.nj.ct)..and I hate the cold.
Deffinetly..I'd like to hit u up w a bunch of questions about regulations out there once the time gets closer if that's cool
you got it bro. Anytime. We need 250,000 sigs to get recreational on the 016 ballot. We currently have 185,00 it looks like recreational and the ability to once again cultivate at home may become a reality here. Fingers crossed.

madscrapper

madscrapper

you got it bro. Anytime. We need 250,000 sigs to get recreational on the 016 ballot. We currently have 185,00 it looks like recreational and the ability to once again cultivate at home may become a reality here. Fingers crossed.
That's what I hope..the politicians up here are so far up the asses of the rich its ridiculous,,don't think we'll have a rec state round this way for a long time

blazer

blazer

No worries bro. thank you for any of your input. What do you think of the venting I talked about? Think it would work?
It's always going to be an heat issue in summer with out A/C in The hot desert I know I live in one and lived in Phoenix for a bit also so I know the heat even at 3:00am it's 105 wtf lol
Easy enough to to exhaust the heat but what do you replace it with in the summer heat is the issue

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
It's always going to be an heat issue in summer with out A/C in The hot desert I know I live in one and lived in Phoenix for a bit also so I know the heat even at 3:00am it's 105 wtf lol
Easy enough to to exhaust the heat but what do you replace it with in the summer heat is the issue
Well I'm thinking the cooling would come from the rest of the house that is ACed by the main heating cooling system. So if I can effectivly exhaust the heat the cooler air coming from inside the house will help with keeping temps around 80-85 Not ideal I know but may be doable

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Well Son your memory is failing you. Put down the dabz and the nail LOL. When the monsoons hit having just the swamper was horribly humid and uncomfortable.

I was outside with goggles on in the monsoon sandstorms throwing rocks at palm trees to scare pigeons out of their tree into the monsoon force winds. Then I would watch them try to fly back and fail everytime from the intense winds. I would do all this while avoiding passing palm frons in the wind lol.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Ac...you can use the electricity you save on not running multiple lights on a ac..jmho

madscrapper

madscrapper

Well I'm thinking the cooling would come from the rest of the house that is ACed by the main heating cooling system. So if I can effectivly exhaust the heat the cooler air coming from inside the house will help with keeping temps around 80-85 Not ideal I know but may be doable
Can you run some flex duct off the trunk of the central air?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
If your environment is sealed would a heat exchanger on the end of your ducting being fed by an aquarium chiller help you out? I've been reading up on these systems lately just to see what they're about.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Can you run some flex duct off the trunk of the central air?
That is possible. However the room is already ducted with ac from the main system. The issue is when temps hit 110+ the best our ac can do is 80 deg of cool air.

I guess what I need to figure out is how many gavita of the 600/750 w would I need to produce the same or better crops than the 2 1000w hps. I'm thinking I could get by with 2 as opposed to 3

Top Bottom