Calling On Gavita Users

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If your environment is sealed would a heat exchanger on the end of your ducting being fed by an aquarium chiller help you out? I've been reading up on these systems lately just to see what they're about.
I am not running a true sealed system. I vent the groom heat to the attic and fresh air is pulled in from under the door from the rest of the house. Any links on those systems??

blazer

blazer

Well I'm thinking the cooling would come from the rest of the house that is ACed by the main heating cooling system. So if I can effectivly exhaust the heat the cooler air coming from inside the house will help with keeping temps around 80-85 Not ideal I know but may be doable
Possible just got remember your house A/C was sized for the home it was installed with the lite's and other equipment that's extra load so may be adding an extra ton of heat load to your home A/C or more that can get exspensive when trying to cool more than it can handle which can cause long recovery time to cool house and probably shorten life of compressor if has to constantly work harder than designed for May work fine hard to say with out seeing how ductwork and all is payed out
Honestly I know they are pricey but you will kick your self and say why did I not do this from day Uno get a mini-split
Dedicate a little bit of harvest towards it
The A/C's work hard in a grow, commercial hard, that's why would go with separate unit than home unit

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have no experience with these, but the science makes sense if system is designed properly I think.

https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/HSICE

Btw I'm not vouching for quality of product. Just bringing up the concept. They get fed by aquarium chillers. Like these.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Hydroponics-Controller-Panasonic-Compressor/dp/B014TO3VN0

The whole concept is to cool the exhausted heat while it is still concentrated thus wasting less energy cooling all the rest of the air that isn't "hot"

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Possible just got remember your house A/C was sized for the home it was installed with the lite's and other equipment that's extra load so may be adding an extra ton of heat load to your home A/C or more that can get exspensive when trying to cool more than it can handle which can cause long recovery time to cool house and probably shorten life of compressor if has to constantly work harder than designed for May work fine hard to say with out seeing how ductwork and all is payed out
Honestly I know they are pricey but you will kick your self and say why did I not do this from day Uno get a mini-split
Dedicate a little bit of harvest towards it
The A/C's work hard in a grow, commercial hard, that's why would go with separate unit than home unit
Any suggestions on reliable brands of the mini splits??

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
blazer

blazer

Any suggestions on reliable brands of the mini splits??
Fujitsu and Mitsubishi are solid they use them in critical smaller server rooms a lot!
Well I do have 2 chillers one I use on my dro rez and the other is just sitting in the closet.
That's prob the answer there you can add a cooling coil to to a chiller you got sitting

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Well I do have 2 chillers one I use on my dro rez and the other is just sitting in the closet.

The main thing I see with these systems commonly reported is that people often buy chillers poorly rated btu wise compared to the btu output from their lights. Making their system ineffective.

While the more experienced ones have chillers with large btu overhead that claim they save up to %40 on cooling costs

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Fujitsu and Mitsubishi are solid they use them in critical smaller server rooms a lot!

That's prob the answer there you can add a cooling coil to to a chiller you got sitting
Ive heard good things bout the Mitsu's

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Mitsubishi mini splits are the top of the line. They have a 5 year warranty on everything. The key really is a quality installation for it to last with no issues.
Well a buddy is a commercial grade electrician he should be able to handle the install for trade.

blazer

blazer

The main thing I see with these systems commonly reported is that people often buy chillers poorly rated btu wise compared to the btu output from their lights. Making their system ineffective.

While the more experienced ones have chillers with large btu overhead that claim they save up to %40 on cooling costs
Yup totally agree heating& cooling with hydronics tends to be more efficient if done properly

blazer

blazer

Well a buddy is a commercial grade electrician he should be able to handle the install for trade.
Hopefully most sparky' don't different trade but some do but most HVAC guys know electricity funny that way but that's usually how it works

But he may know a trustworthy HVAC guy!
Also echo what @Og Gong said it
A quality install can make all the difference!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yup totally agree heating& cooling with hydronics tends to be more efficient if done properly

The more I look into it. The "cooler" it seems.
I love the concept and implementation. The only downside is the large initial cost of a properly sized chiller unit :/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hopefully most sparky' don't different trade but some do but most HVAC guys know electricity funny that way but that's usually how it works

But he may know a trustworthy HVAC guy!
Damn dude I gotta step away from the meds LOL you be correct he sparky not HVAC........What wazzzzz I thinkin.........

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I just looked up Mitsu site. And they offer a list of certified installers. Sounds good especially from a warranty standpoint.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Where the heck is @fishwhistle when you need him. Hes pretty knowledgeable on gavitas. Hey FW how many 600/750 will i need to cover a 10x10 floor space???

madscrapper

madscrapper

That is possible. However the room is already ducted with ac from the main system. The issue is when temps hit 110+ the best our ac can do is 80 deg of cool air.

I guess what I need to figure out is how many gavita of the 600/750 w would I need to produce the same or better crops than the 2 1000w hps. I'm thinking I could get by with 2 as opposed to 3
I'd say 1 gavita 750 is worth 2 1000w reg HPS..maybe 3.better spectrum/par/UV and 3x the footprint. That's just my opinion.I teserched the shit outta this but its been a year and stoner memory...but check out gavitas web site.and the arrival high times did on the best light fixtures.lots of info.I couldn't be happier.and I don't even have mine cranked up all the way.don't need to

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well gotta step away from puter guyz. Thanks for all your help. Blaze on and happy Sunday to you all. Peace

Top Bottom