Calling On Gavita Users

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Hopefully most sparky' don't different trade but some do but most HVAC guys know electricity funny that way but that's usually how it works

But he may know a trustworthy HVAC guy!
All my experience in the trade the sparky can create problems lol Not saying they all do but one time a sparky on one of my jobs tried to start a split system without an ac tech and he fried the circuit board. He then went to go get a replacement and the store they went to gave him the wrong circuit board that looked similar. He installed that board and fried it. After replacing the entire system is when we found the circuit boards were wrong. So be careful of having sparkys installing your entire ac. Ok for just the electrical side.

blazer

blazer

Well I just looked up Mitsu site. And they offer a list of certified installers. Sounds good especially from a warranty standpoint.
Don't need to go with there certified installers all that is advertisement companies pay for to sell they equipment
Would hit up the sparky if he knows anybody trustworthy and proffesional
They go of encoded date on serial number to warranty parts usually
They never warrant labor heads up!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't need to go with there certified installers all that is advertisement companies pay for to sell they equipment
Would hit up the sparky if he knows anybody trustworthy and proffesional
They go of encoded date on serial number to warranty parts usually
They never warrant labor heads up!
thx bro

blazer

blazer

All my experience in the trade the sparky can create problems lol Not saying they all do but one time a sparky on one of my jobs tried to start a split system without an ac tech and he fried the circuit board. He then went to go get a replacement and the store they went to gave him the wrong circuit board that looked similar. He installed that board and fried it. After replacing the entire system is when we found the circuit boards were wrong. So be careful of having sparkys installing your entire ac. Ok for just the electrical side.
Yeah they tend not to know control circuits and low voltage

sixstring

sixstring

couple of these hooked up to your water chiller and you got ac in the room.just need some ducting and/or a fan to push air past it. https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/HSICE8
i would say get a minisplit as well but this is a much cheaper opt. the 6/750 cover a 5x5 at 6 to 7 foot mounting height.
most of the heat generated by gavitas goes up,not as much downward radiant heat as a standard 1000 imo.mine run almost as cool as a 600w in a cooltube when you consider my long ducting runs and the heat radiating off the glass as such.long as you have a few feet above the lamp and you can remove that air you should be fine with just a lil extra cooling like those iceboxes would give.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Possible just got remember your house A/C was sized for the home it was installed with the lite's and other equipment that's extra load so may be adding an extra ton of heat load to your home A/C or more that can get exspensive when trying to cool more than it can handle which can cause long recovery time to cool house and probably shorten life of compressor if has to constantly work harder than designed for May work fine hard to say with out seeing how ductwork and all is payed out
Honestly I know they are pricey but you will kick your self and say why did I not do this from day Uno get a mini-split
Dedicate a little bit of harvest towards it
The A/C's work hard in a grow, commercial hard, that's why would go with separate unit than home unit
Plus heat loss measurements taking at installation will be out the window.....great point.would funk things up.my b

madscrapper

madscrapper

One thing I noticed w my gavita,,my plants seem to take a higher ppm.they eat more..idk if its the stronger intensity allowing them to process more,but they deffinetly have a larger appetite

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Where the heck is @fishwhistle when you need him. Hes pretty knowledgeable on gavitas. Hey FW how many 600/750 will i need to cover a 10x10 floor space???
The footprint of a 6/750 is about 4'x5'.I use 6 in an 11.3x11.3x8 room(gavita told me to use 8).Two rows of 3 along each wall leaves me a small walkway in the middle,100 ways to do it and everyones style and environment is different.
Chillers are badass but WAY expensive to do it right,you will get your money back in energy savings though,c'mon lotto,lol.
Swampers arent really an option so that leaves AC in one form or another,mini splits are a good choice.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The footprint of a 6/750 is about 4'x5'.I use 6 in an 11.3x11.3x8 room(gavita told me to use 8).Two rows of 3 along each wall leaves me a small walkway in the middle,100 ways to do it and everyones style and environment is different.
Chillers are badass but WAY expensive to do it right,you will get your money back in energy savings though,c'mon lotto,lol.
Swampers arent really an option so that leaves AC in one form or another,mini splits are a good choice.
Thanks for coming to the rescue LOL. Good to see you man. So for a 10 x 10 I can get by nicely with 2 gavitas sounds like to me. Thanks again

madscrapper

madscrapper

Damn,that's a way different footprint then I was lead to beleave..and I read that in the description on gavitas site..maybe im reading it wrong..idk..but I cover a 6'x9' space with my 6/750 on a rail tho..and as you said,everyone has their own style..you must be pumping out some serious nug w that set up..how often do u change bulbs?how long have u been rockin these?
Thanks in advance for reply

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
1,depending on ceiling height.and if you have low ceilings I'd highly recommend a light rail.just my two food stamps
room is a vaulted ceiling 10' at the low end and 12' at the peak. Can I safely run a light mover on a slope?. Thats my concern. I'm thinking not. Anyone running a light mover on a angle??

sixstring

sixstring

room is a vaulted ceiling 10' at the low end and 12' at the peak. Can I safely run a light mover on a slope?. Thats my concern. I'm thinking not. Anyone running a light mover on a angle??

Put a vortex 8in fan up at the top of that vaulted ceiling in the highest point and remove that heat.if the lamps are close to that area most of the heat will go there.and a few small fans on the floor pointing up will help that process.
At that point it would be cooler than your current setup imo.

sixstring

sixstring

I would def rather have a hvac guy do my electrical work before i let a sparky do my ac lol.matter of fact that goes for plumbing as well hahaha.hvac guys gotta do all that stuff on almost every job so ime they are just naturally smarter contractors.

madscrapper

madscrapper

I would def rather have a hvac guy do my electrical work before i let a sparky do my ac lol.matter of fact that goes for plumbing as well hahaha.hvac guys gotta do all that stuff on almost every job so ime they are just naturally smarter contractors.
Whoa whoa,,im a plumber:)we are on top of the contrator iq scale,,,

madscrapper

madscrapper

Yeah man idk..its only 5w powering my rail,and the ballest is attacthed so its not lite.i mounted a 2"x6" first so my rail had a strong support.you can level it off and do it that way...imo

Last edited:
madscrapper

madscrapper

For what its worth,my current set up has a 3"can fan w flex dryer vent sucking in cool air from outside.my walls are 2x4's with panda film..the pressure bollons it out.so i attatched a 6" flange up top and 6" duct coming off outside of room into a carbon filter,,just the positive pressure is actually pushing the warm air up top out threw the duct and filter,,,no fan attacthed.i also have an osolating fan to move air around canopys.the can fan is on a timer and shuts off a little after lights go out.my temps are great

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Thanks for coming to the rescue LOL. Good to see you man. So for a 10 x 10 I can get by nicely with 2 gavitas sounds like to me. Thanks again
Well you could cover about 4'x 10' of it anyways,think of each one like a conventional 1k and your pretty close.
Damn,that's a way different footprint then I was lead to beleave..and I read that in the description on gavitas site..maybe im reading it wrong..idk..but I cover a 6'x9' space with my 6/750 on a rail tho..and as you said,everyone has their own style..you must be pumping out some serious nug w that set up..how often do u change bulbs?how long have u been rockin these?
Thanks in advance for reply
The gavita foot print isnt really square,its a little more like a rectangle like the reflector.Movers are cool,ive never really ran one myself but i would guess the 9ft to be good but the 6' width might be a little optimistic but hey if it works it works!How does it yield?One thing i have learned is everyone has different ideas,give 5 people the same equipment and they will set it up 5 different ways and none are wrong,just different.
Ive run them for a few years,i had 1ks at first but got rid of them because of my 8' ceilings,live and learn.I change the bulbs once a year.
Id use 1ks if i had ceilings that tall,2 up high would crosslight a nice area and six is right,easy to suck the heat out of the peak too.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Well you could cover about 4'x 10' of it anyways,think of each one like a conventional 1k and your pretty close.

The gavita foot print isnt really square,its a little more like a rectangle like the reflector.Movers are cool,ive never really ran one myself but i would guess the 9ft to be good but the 6' width might be a little optimistic but hey if it works it works!How does it yield?One thing i have learned is everyone has different ideas,give 5 people the same equipment and they will set it up 5 different ways and none are wrong,just different.
Ive run them for a few years,i had 1ks at first but got rid of them because of my 8' ceilings,live and learn.I change the bulbs once a year.

Id use 1ks if i had ceilings that tall,2 up high would crosslight a nice area and six is right,easy to suck the heat out of the peak too.
Cool,,thank u for the feed back.
I run alot of smaller plants..lots of strains at once(i need to chill and focus on just a few)..i flip at about 18"-20" and they end up being about 3'-4'(floor to tip.)i only average about 2oz a plant but cut about ywo every two weeks.perpetual grow.im gonna do some scrog soon tho,,and or fewer but bigger plants.im in coco..had an automated drip emmitter set up on a timer feeding twice a day.had to move entire grow tho..havent set up agIn.i use jacks salts.

Top Bottom