Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i know i'm just stuck on the whole run em til they don't run anymore thing. I've seen guys just let their shit foxtail the fuck out and it's sweet. They get so much more swell. I feel like I could pull one more after this one but damn it's going to start snapping branches.
nah bro you got it,a little bambo and string and a indian mindset get you rocking

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost not sure if i screwed up or not,with 33 gallons of water ,i added 5 tsp of bio media,3 tsp of bio initate,2 tsp of k amino,also 5 potato boiled and crushed,3 heaping hanfuls of compost and 5 cups of LAB,what you think ,be any good,,got to feed the garden and the ladies,wanted to give um some bacteria,probally be ready in couple days,im brewing not bubbling
yeah less is often more mate, but its also trial and error. its not off the charts, just keep an eye on it and use your nose, use your CO2 test to see the state of it before you use it :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

I was thinking the same. If they're happy why bother. They're drinking more than my blumat can give them. I'm finding myself having to assist. May need to add more sensors after chop chop. Happy gals.

One problem i thought I'd never have. Too much weed on one plant. That bitch looks like a donkey about to break it's legs.
This here is an example of someone who watches :-)
you have a happy plant reaching its potential buddy, good work.
The biggest arse ache with Nutrients is the dam schedules and the simple reality, these guides have been used by lazy growers to circumvent the acquisition of knowledge surrounding the plants we grow and the various key markers points which we can all observe ourselves but rarely bother. This reaction to wanting something in life without putting in any genuine effort, is what has allowed us all to be subjects of marketers, who spend all day telling us to pay for own demise, to waste our economy, and sociopathic governments who now overstep their remit through constant interference in our lives simply because we havent the where with all to make our own choices about responsibility. Not watching your own plants and seeing how they change and when, is the reason for over application :-)

brazel

brazel

i know i'm just stuck on the whole run em til they don't run anymore thing. I've seen guys just let their shit foxtail the fuck out and it's sweet. They get so much more swell. I feel like I could pull one more after this one but damn it's going to start snapping branches.
What's run them till they don't run mean? Like when the plant dies you harvest? Foxtails, sweet, swollen... am i lost? Ha

brazel

brazel

I love organics. We are not total bitches to our plants. We can say "ehhh fuck it!". Guess what they are doing better because you practiced LITFA. Lots of growers continue to add nutrients and top dresses when they aren't necessary. I'm almost tempting 1 hefty top dress and some remulching and go for a nice water only run next cycle.

As i said El Rancho rolls water only from the get go. His garden is insane!!! I'll just stretch my feed schedule into a 2 week schedule and then move to 3 and so on until i'm out of MBP, kelp meal, and karanja cake. Of yeah I have some crab meal to burn up too. Then it's water only.

Possuum ran into a recycled soil problem from amending every cycle. Ended up with a cation build up.
When I first build soil I'll get two runs out of it before I reamend. After my soil gets better and better I get more runs like straight diarrhea haha and when I take a break I just leave cover growing in it until I'm ready to grow again

brazel

brazel

I wait for fan leaf die off. Foxtailing happens but I'm growing personal bud here. Hang on i Have an article.

"Now alot of people will tell you that you should harvest based on the colour of your trichomes. But (again, in my opinion) that is far too simplistic and there are too many variables to make that an effective strategy. I've made that point a million times before and i'm not going to re-hash it here,(maybe just a bit) but rest assured there is more to the picture than just trich colour.

A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die."

Haha okay yeah I was lost. I actually thought you were joking cuz I assumed you were talking about letting the Plant die and then cut the buds off.

Yeah there's definitely more to harvesting then just the color of the trichs, but that's a pretty good reference point.

I agree with some of that article and disagree with some of it

Ecompost

Ecompost

I love organics. We are not total bitches to our plants. We can say "ehhh fuck it!". Guess what they are doing better because you practiced LITFA. Lots of growers continue to add nutrients and top dresses when they aren't necessary. I'm almost tempting 1 hefty top dress and some remulching and go for a nice water only run next cycle.

As i said El Rancho rolls water only from the get go. His garden is insane!!! I'll just stretch my feed schedule into a 2 week schedule and then move to 3 and so on until i'm out of MBP, kelp meal, and karanja cake. Of yeah I have some crab meal to burn up too. Then it's water only.

Possuum ran into a recycled soil problem from amending every cycle. Ended up with a cation build up.
El rancho has a fully cycling soil system, he uses NPK, but from the organics cycled in the bed. He might add only water, last time i heard, this was true also of the redwood forests :-) His water will have some nutrients i suspect, esp if its rain water since it will be loaded with microbes all fixing N.
he is using NPK, to say he is not is fraud. The way he uses NPK is different to the majority, but it is not unique when we consider nature is it? if you spend 10 years on understanding your space, you really ought to have a nice garden or if not, you might jolly well give up

B

Butcher1864

dont have a clue about that,but will say when you piss on your plants for nitrogen there isnt much difrence,i do neither and wont,in all my studies of this method i havent found any evidence to say you are correct either,i make all my own shit by there methods and have had great results,got a garden full of happy ass plants and weather here is in the 40's in mornings so it helping some,hahahah
Yah no urine on my plants sirs. Just alittle rabbit pellets and miracle grow has always been good to me.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well heres what i pulled + about 5g dry that went on the rack from one NL5 and one AK. Looks and smells flame. Still waiting for the 2xWW to finish up. One is turning purple...

I need to get the lee roys in these 10g pots. I wanted to hit the roots with some lacto and let them eat for a week. Going to mix some kombucha and rain water.

Yay to only 1 light running. No a/c needed. Not bad for a 2.5 month run. Pretty clean. Also pulled an extra 2 or 3 ounces from freebies in sidelighting while rootbound. 1 ounce of hash material.

I am trying to figure out how im going to jar those main colas. Might need turkey bags.
paper grocery sacks work well

brazel

brazel

Well heres what i pulled + about 5g dry that went on the rack from one NL5 and one AK. Looks and smells flame. Still waiting for the 2xWW to finish up. One is turning purple...

I need to get the lee roys in these 10g pots. I wanted to hit the roots with some lacto and let them eat for a week. Going to mix some kombucha and rain water.

Yay to only 1 light running. No a/c needed. Not bad for a 2.5 month run. Pretty clean. Also pulled an extra 2 or 3 ounces from freebies in sidelighting while rootbound. 1 ounce of hash material.

I am trying to figure out how im going to jar those main colas. Might need turkey bags.
Cut them into smaller pieces!? Nice!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So my whole house smells like skunky blueberry pie. That NL5 has a very sweet fruity smell. The Afghan Kush has a very faint piney earth smell. Delicious. Now I may need to tell my girlfriend we will have to meet the parents for dinner tonight. They walk in this house they won't be able to figure that shit out. Doesn't even smell like weed. Smells delicious.

Would raise an eyebrow though
inlaws be thinking you been baking cookies,lmAO

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well...i have a plan. Im not going to call oit a breeding project but more a pheno hunt.

I want to make pheno profiles for the yogi and bliss. Having strains that havent already been selectively bred seems more interesting to me.

I can reel in characteristics thay suit my enviro as well as the bells and whistles, taste, smell, appearance etc but always keeping natural defense bolstering phenos up front.

This is going to be more of a seed chucking fuckabout lol. Thats my new word...

Fuckabout - the engagement of a cluster fuck of chaos created by ignorance
getrdone,when you decide your best throw a pic up,i got another buddy found 2 great phenos and is in the same endevor,my new breed doesnt seem to like the cold for sure,so introduction of bugs come spring will be the real tell,,gotta warn you though,this shit is addicting,before you know it you will be banging every thing,see i look at it difrent,when i take some smoke i really like ,and then throw in a perfect structure of a gal,im making my own landrace,simply cause it is new and mine,pollen chunking the same way,if your dabbing pollen on to the plant,your making your own creation,some arent better,but mostly are,either way after you grow it out 2 or 3 times,youve dialed in all stages and know what the plant will do,at that time if you want to add a little extra,do it,landrace or not,all the weed you smoke was from someone jacking with it,all someone has to do is give a great con job ,pay off a few folk and whala you have a landrace been around since begining of time,hhaha dont think it dont happen ,if it ever is legal watch what i say,you will see seeds coming from the 60's showing up,lmao

Top Bottom