Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
there in lies the problem with fundamental organics, the material is not in the places its needed, shipping prevents the relocation of good media and amendments, some have loads, too much, others no access at all, it is a metaphorical compost pile of doo doo. how to solve the relocation without carbon and cost overhead rendering it a non solution to apply the levels of compost we actually need
Good ole logging towns... if you go look in the hills you can find more organic shit than youll ever need

Ecompost

Ecompost

having said that, there is of course a monumental disconnect between waste and re-purpose based businesses, not enough energy is spent trying to unite those creating with waste, with possible re-purposes, such as those of us wanting to grow food in as natural a fashion as possible, or those wishing to restore eco systems

Ecompost

Ecompost

Good ole logging towns... if you go look in the hills you can find more organic shit than youll ever need
in light of the loss of land mass to erosion and pollution, we would need a layer of compost 8-10inches thick, across every bit of it. I doubt given our current systems of waste management, that would we would ever reach this base number in Mega Tons, let alone have the fossil fuel backing to apply it, we would need to employ every human in some massive coercion similar to the pyramids in Egypt, ergo proving it is of course possible

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
in light of the loss of land mass to erosion and pollution, we would need a layer of compost 8-10inches thick, across every bit of it. I doubt given our current systems of waste management, that would we would ever reach this base number in Mega Tons, let alone have the fossil fuel backing to apply it, we would need to employ every human in some massive coercion similar to the pyramids in Egypt, ergo proving it is of course possible
For most...Its easier just to ignore it till the shit hits the fan...then stuff matters

Ecompost

Ecompost

yeah...if 2we didn't emit even one more unit of CO2, apparently there's enough greenhouse gases already in the atmosphere to lock in some serious changes....
there are cycles of intimate ballet occurring in the planet levels systems, we done went to the dance with jackboots on, now all the principles have broken toes and cant pile' and the crowd is getting restless :-)
farmers tasked with growing the worlds food, simply havent reacted fast enough, and negligent governments have failed to be anywhere near the levels of productivity they always bash us with, and their sincere and total lack of imagination has almost certainly left many millions of people at risk

Ecompost

Ecompost

like you, i just want to be able to look myself in the eyes and say i went down fighting...it's time for Her to shake us off I figure...
we did our job mate, we reduced the otherwise toxic levels of O2 so we didnt get it all wrong. i think only a handful of companies are to blame for about 70% of the planets pollution. Its not like we had a million enemies all hiding behind a mask, its just that democracy was perverted and self interest ended up as our leaders

SinCity

SinCity

we did our job mate, we reduced the otherwise toxic levels of O2 so we didnt get it all wrong. i think only a handful of companies are to blame for about 70% of the planets pollution. Its not like we had a million enemies all hiding behind a mask, its just that democracy was perverted and self interest ended up as our leaders

i really agree with you on that--and beautifully put. not a million enemies all hiding behind one mask-- elegant and effective words...

a million hostages perhaps...

Organikz

Organikz

@Ecompost
Early studies of photosynthesis had identified carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen as important, but disagreed over their sources and mechanisms of action. Carbon dioxide was known to be taken in and oxygen released during photosynthesis, but researchers suggested that oxygen was obtained from carbon dioxide, rather than from water. Hydrogen was believed to come primarily from water. Researchers disagreed about whether sources of carbon and nitrogen were atmospheric or soil-based.[20]:xv-xxiNicolas-Théodore de Saussure's experiments, reported in Recherches Chimiques sur la Végétation (1804), suggested that carbon was obtained from atmospheric rather than soil-based sources, and that water was a likely source of hydrogen. He also studied the absorption of minerals by plants, and observed that mineral concentrations in plants tended to reflect their presence in the soil in which the plants were grown. However, the implications of De Saussure's results for theories of plant nutrition were neither clearly discussed nor easily understood.[20]:xxii-xxvii

I'm as crazy as this guy....hehehe

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost
Early studies of photosynthesis had identified carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen as important, but disagreed over their sources and mechanisms of action. Carbon dioxide was known to be taken in and oxygen released during photosynthesis, but researchers suggested that oxygen was obtained from carbon dioxide, rather than from water. Hydrogen was believed to come primarily from water. Researchers disagreed about whether sources of carbon and nitrogen were atmospheric or soil-based.[20]:xv-xxiNicolas-Théodore de Saussure's experiments, reported in Recherches Chimiques sur la Végétation (1804), suggested that carbon was obtained from atmospheric rather than soil-based sources, and that water was a likely source of hydrogen. He also studied the absorption of minerals by plants, and observed that mineral concentrations in plants tended to reflect their presence in the soil in which the plants were grown. However, the implications of De Saussure's results for theories of plant nutrition were neither clearly discussed nor easily understood.[20]:xxii-xxvii

We now have equipment capable of reading 1ppm of O2 among a background of over 210,000. And so we can see how plants use forms and from where. There is a london based firm Qbit or something, who have designed a tool which is used in collaboration with others for knowing what is happening inside plants during photosynthesis and respiration.
some history and some data on soil CO2 respiration and nutrient cycling, some discussion on how war constantly breaks the chain of human knowledge

Last edited:
SinCity

SinCity

@Ecompost

god bless crazy!

8eaed4a4dab62dfbb3ead4b468494b10

SinCity

SinCity

We now have equipment capable of reading 1ppm of O2 among a background of over 210,000. And so we can see how plants use forms and from where. There is a london based firm Qbit or something, who have designed a tool which is used in collaboration with others for knowing what is happening inside plants during photosynthesis and respiration. ut
some history and some data on soil CO2 respiration and nutrient cycling, some discussion on how war constantly breaks the chain of human knowledge

My friends and I have a running joke when we want to go smoke a joint--"LET'S GO SEQUESTER SOME CARBON" --see, it's funny! the carbon stored in the plant is being stored in our lungs! (of course the process isn't an actual net sink, but it's funny :)

Tmp720767293927194625

Top Bottom