Can I eat decarboxylated bud ?

• Thread starter Tom14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tom14

Tom14

well I did it before but I didn't get high ~ so I ended up smoking the decarboxylated weed ~ I got high when I smoked it

I made some tincture one time and it didn't work ~ so I wasted all that weed that I didn't have to waste

I've also bought some tincture at the store that didn't work

anyway my lungs are killing me and I need to consume without smoking

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Usually, it takes a couple of grams for us old-timers. Also, decarbing weed has a lot of variables. If the heat and time combination is off, the weed won't be active.

I'm not sure where you're from or how available concentrates are ... but vaping concentrates through a water filter might be easier on your lungs. Just a thought ....

Edit: I agree with @growsince79. It doesn't taste good.

growsince79

growsince79

well I did it before but I didn't get high ~ so I ended up smoking the decarboxylated weed ~ I got high when I smoked it

I made some tincture one time and it didn't work ~ so I wasted all that weed that I didn't have to waste

How much did you eat? 1 gram of good properly decarbed bud should get most stoners baked.

Tom14

Tom14

Usually, it takes a couple of grams for us old-timers. Also, decarbing weed has a lot of variables. If the heat and time combination is off, the weed won't be active.

I'm not sure where you're from or how available concentrates are ... but vaping concentrates through a water filter might be easier on your lungs. Just a thought ....

Edit: I agree with @growsince79. It doesn't taste good.
I'm in oregon now ~ I just get 2$ grams or 35$ ounces ~ it sucks to decarb because the weed loses it's smell and taste ~ I love the smell and taste of weed

I decided not to buy anything except for flower from the stores ~ everything I buy doesn't work ~ I bought a vape pen for 100$ and it didn't work

if I buy anything besides flower I will just end up getting mad at the store for selling things that don't work

don't really want to vape ~ I want to avoid putting anything in my lungs

the taste doesn't bother me ~ I just miss the taste and smell of weed

unknowntheknown

unknowntheknown

I'm in oregon now ~ I just get 2$ grams or 35$ ounces ~ it sucks to decarb because the weed loses it's smell and taste ~ I love the smell and taste of weed

I decided not to buy anything except for flower from the stores ~ everything I buy doesn't work ~ I bought a vape pen for 100$ and it didn't work

if I buy anything besides flower I will just end up getting mad at the store for selling things that don't work

don't really want to vape ~ I want to avoid putting anything in my lungs

the taste doesn't bother me ~ I just miss the taste and smell of weed

There is no method of decarbing that I know of that preserves terpenes while fully decarbing the material. That's why edibles just have a generic green weed smell and taste that is pretty consistent between all edibles. Sadly there is no substitute for smoking or vaping for enjoying that sweet sweet strain specific weed flavor.

What is your method you are using to decarb and or make edibles?

It sounds to me like you are not decarbing your material properly or you have a weird body that has a huge tolerance or immune to eating cannabis. I've known a handful of people that barely get high from eating edibles that knock other everyday stoners on their ass. If that is the case then you are kind of stuck smoking or vaping. You could try weed suppositories so that the THC enters your blood without going through your liver first. I have no experience with this but have seen some other lengthy and detailed posts about this subject on this and other forums

Narsbars

Narsbars

I have done Ethanol quick wash on non decarboxylated weed. I use about 16 oz to rinse about 4oz of nugs. I then allow the liquid to dry to an oily consistency. The 16oz of quick wash ends up being about 1/2 oz of pure oil that will save some of the terps as long as you don't use heat drying and get you so high you will wonder if you will ever come down. You only need a few drops under your tongue and and an hour to wait. This process is very wasteful of weed but the product is amazing. If you have friends that still smoke get a small single bowl load of bud, drop a couple drops on it and roll it up well into a ball and smoke.
As to your original question: Use only bud, chew it forever until it is almost all liquified. The time will allow your body heat to do a tiny bit of decarbing and time to allow your body to absorb the THC. It does work, I have done both all of the above many times.

growsince79

growsince79

Even dispensary edibles in regulated markets have wild swings in potency for a variety of reasons. Home made can be even harder to control dosing because not many of us know the thc % going into the mix
I've got the candy pretty damn consistent I think. But human metabolism variables are a big deal. Eating in the morning vs evening, empty stomach vs after dinner, and different combinations of other factors...
Never tried store bought. Everyone says I'd need to spend $30 to get a buzz.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've got the candy pretty damn consistent I think. But human metabolism variables are a big deal. Eating in the morning vs evening, empty stomach vs after dinner, and different combinations of other factors...
Never tried store bought. Everyone says I'd need to spend $30 to get a buzz.
Not sure about $$ per buzz, but I would imagine for you (like me) 30-40mg minimum to get a good buzz going. In my area, its roughly $1.00 - $2.00 per 10mg of edibles depending on what you buy and where you get it.

Top Bottom