Can someone tell me about this drooping?

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

It's good to know I'm thinking the right way as far as what to keep. I tried to upload a video but it was too large and it was only like 12 seconds. I figure a video is always a better way to gauge what anything really looks like.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I tell ya what tho. I'm pretty excited about all 3 compared to my last run. I feel far more confident and I think the girls themselves look healthier and perhaps the genetics are better.

This is going to be a fun ride and I thank you all in advance for helping me

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Hey you tend to get more yield from 3 plants in a space than just 1.

If they fit the space. ;-)

Well, I was thinking of keeping the two because that's how many I had last time in a 2x4x6 tent and that was a struggle with room. However, after listening to you guys, maybe I'll squeeze in all three.

I probably should have went straight into the 5 gallon pots instead of the 1 gallon in between. Roots are already breaking through the bottom of the pots after 8 days. I could have saved a step.

They're going in 5 gallon pots Tuesday (next day off) and I'm moving them to the 2nd floor. It's just too cold in my basement and hovers between 60f and 71f. I'm thinking I need at least 5 degrees more on both the high and low.

So, I ordered another tent and upstairs it goes. It just seemed easier to add another tent rather than break down the old one. This way I can start my seeds for my veggie garden in late Feb while keeping the girls rolling.

So, anyway, I'm thinking of keeping them all. I figure less topping will help. Plus I got a foot more of headroom with the new tent that will be helpful.

I have no choice to listen to you guys. Y'all have been spot in with everything else, so I'm following suit.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Oh, one more interesting fact. When I transplanted 8 days ago, that was the last time I watered. Maybe it's the cold, coupled with the deep pots, that keeps them just sipping. But I thought that was notable. I'm sure that will change when the temp changes.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh, one more interesting fact. When I transplanted 8 days ago, that was the last time I watered. Maybe it's the cold, coupled with the deep pots, that keeps them just sipping. But I thought that was notable. I'm sure that will change when the temp changes.

Just keep an eye on ppm when you move. When temp goes up so will metabolism and nutrient uptake. So if they look good now consider reducing ppm of the feed by 25% or so when the temp increases, otherwise the sudden change in uptake could lead to overfeeding.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just keep an eye on ppm when you move. When temp goes up so will metabolism and nutrient uptake. So if they look good now consider reducing ppm of the feed by 25% or so when the temp increases, otherwise the sudden change in uptake could lead to overfeeding.
Great point!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well, I was thinking of keeping the two because that's how many I had last time in a 2x4x6 tent and that was a struggle with room. However, after listening to you guys, maybe I'll squeeze in all three.

I probably should have went straight into the 5 gallon pots instead of the 1 gallon in between. Roots are already breaking through the bottom of the pots after 8 days. I could have saved a step.

They're going in 5 gallon pots Tuesday (next day off) and I'm moving them to the 2nd floor. It's just too cold in my basement and hovers between 60f and 71f. I'm thinking I need at least 5 degrees more on both the high and low.

So, I ordered another tent and upstairs it goes. It just seemed easier to add another tent rather than break down the old one. This way I can start my seeds for my veggie garden in late Feb while keeping the girls rolling.

So, anyway, I'm thinking of keeping them all. I figure less topping will help. Plus I got a foot more of headroom with the new tent that will be helpful.

I have no choice to listen to you guys. Y'all have been spot in with everything else, so I'm following suit.

Seeing roots at the bottom of the new pot is the first thing that will happen. Still a couple weeks to fill the pot with roots.

I go 18-21 days in the one gallon after the seedling plastic cup for 10-14.

Transplanting early is just a waste of work and time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I always need at least a week to water in new transplants. They are rooting at first.8-9 days is aberage for me in potting soil and the proper sized pot.

When they get down to 3 or 4 days i transplant up.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I was going to transplant to finishing pots yesterday, but I'm waiting till Friday. Might as well let them completely fill the current container...

Question on tea. I tried to make a batch with simply some ewc, molasses, Compost and fish emulsion. After 24 hours, there was no foam. I thought there might be something wrong and tossed it. It was only 2 gallons.

Is that normal? Everything I see about tea, it's foaming. I'd like to water in the transplant with tea if possible.

PS: The new home upstairs is so much better. 66 lights off, 75 lights on. Way better environment I think.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Did you have an air stone bubbling the water for your tea? How much of each ingredient did you put in? Did you just throw it in the bucket or did you put it all in some kind of filter (tea bag)?

S

Spliffyman

I'm only on my first grow but from what I've learned so far seems to have helped me a lot.

Your at a super sensitive point in your grow stage because your roots may not have grown enough and so will drink less and may not be able to handle full nutrients yet. Nothing serious. Also what I've found when cutting fan leaves off the leaves can't convert the light into energy fast enough and that can make your plant react strange (like make your leaves turn upside down to shadefrom the light)

Also (and I didn't know this until recently) when my lights go out in my tent... My plants fall asleep 🙂 they go all droopy and then later on when the lights come on they wake up and stand to attention 🙂 they are do well behaved 😂 I'm growing auto flower and running lights on a 20/4

Good luck with you beautiful ladies 🙂

DankVader75

DankVader75

I'm on my 1st grow myself... I had a scare my first "big" transfer, and can definitely give you pointers from that standpoint...Afyer my beans pop, I put them in "planters" that you generally get tomatoes, flowers, etc in. I then transfer to a CLEAR Dixie cup. Clear so you're not guessing about the roots. Before, I transferred into a 1.75 gal. pot. That makes it a HUGE pain. I'm growing in a 2x4x5 foot tent. There's a relatively successful (from the looks of his plants and room) guy on YouTube that said a plant only needs 1 gal. of pot/soil for foot of height. Since I am on a tight budget, I factored that in as well. I went with 3 gal. pots and am scrogging. Everything is going well minus a nite snafu, but all is good now... I started all 3 on 12/12 for flowering today. Can't wait to see how it goes! I'll take a pic of all3 together tomorrow... they just went to sleep!

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Been a while guys. Like nearly 3 weeks! I fell in the deep hole of the underbelly of the internet and the dating scene and have been overwhelmed. Haha!! But these ladies are far more important...

Anyway, it's going pretty good. I just flipped the lights 3 days ago and probably let them veg a little bit too long, but since I have that super tall tent I think I might be okay.

Because I haven't been focused on my girls, I've done very little training. Some super cropping here and there but I have yet to set up the scrog or tie-down anyting. But since there are three I don't think that's going to be a huge problem.

Here's a pic from tonight. The light makes them look much lighter than they really are because when I do some selective defoliation those leaves are deep rich dark green and beautiful. This is an amazing strain and it's smells like full-on clove.

20191214 185843

Happy growing!

S

Spliffyman

Been a while guys. Like nearly 3 weeks! I fell in the deep hole of the underbelly of the internet and the dating scene and have been overwhelmed. Haha!! But these ladies are far more important...

Anyway, it's going pretty good. I just flipped the lights 3 days ago and probably let them veg a little bit too long, but since I have that super tall tent I think I might be okay.

Because I haven't been focused on my girls, I've done very little training. Some super cropping here and there but I have yet to set up the scrog or tie-down anyting. But since there are three I don't think that's going to be a huge problem.

Here's a pic from tonight. The light makes them look much lighter than they really are because when I do some selective defoliation those leaves are deep rich dark green and beautiful. This is an amazing strain and it's smells like full-on clove.

View attachment 920666

Happy growing!
So you diverted your attention from these ladies to another huh😊 shameful😂

They look sweeet 🙂 I'm thinking of vegging longer on my next grow as was thinking of growing it as big as possible.. Is there any downsides to vegging longer?.. My first grow are autos (they have been great) but thinking of doing the 12/12

Latest posts

Top Bottom