Can you tell what deficiency this is?

• Thread starter TrimmingSucks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Plus sometimes a plant just starts to shed the oldest leaves as the become less productive. Usually after a couple months of growth.
Mine always eat the bottom leaves that don't get much light first and then move up. I barely fertilize mine tho, makes a smoother vape and saves money on nutes over time.

Everyone that has just started growing is in full on mother hen panic mode trying to love them to death.
Once you've grown a few you'll learn it's not that big of a deal do have a little deficiency and you'll learn to prevent them b4 they happen.

I mix garden gypsum into my media b4 potting and add epsom salt to the top of the soil as needed along side of my normal 5ml/gal calmag+. If done right your plants will look good until they turn fall colors b4 harvest.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello and thanks for your help. Last res change was one week ago. Roots smell and look good. I only recently started increasing the ppm 1-2 weeks ago. From 300-400 ppm to 800-1200 ppm. So Maybe I’m seeing deficiencies that started weeks ago only now and this is probably due to the inadequate amount of nutrients I was initially using? I’ll be going over there later today to check on them.
Very well could be. I would say 700-900 and your good. Understand even after fixing it will take time to see results and old damage will not get better.

No idea of your res size but you may also need more frequent changes as the ratios may become out of balance over time.

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Very well could be. I would say 700-900 and your good. Understand even after fixing it will take time to see results and old damage will not get better.

No idea of your res size but you may also need more frequent changes as the ratios may become out of balance over time.

My res size is 35 gallons :)
I will make sure ppm is higher from now on as well as possible weekly changes but man that’s a pain cause I have 5 reservoirs lol but every 2 weeks maybe too long

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

For the record I hate these nutrients.... haha right @Beachwalker

I would love any recommendations you have for growing hydro. It’s been a nightmare finding the right kind. I’ve gone through lotus and now advanced and as you can see it may just be user error but it seems that I’m not getting 100% healthy plants.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

If I were growing hydro and got a deficiency I would mix up a live compost tea with some added mycos.
Bubble it overnight, pour it in the res and then do a res change the next day.
I grow in coco which is really close to growing in hydro and whenever I get a deficiency a compost tea clears it right up.

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Mine always eat the bottom leaves that don't get much light first and then move up. I barely fertilize mine tho, makes a smoother vape and saves money on nutes over time.

Everyone that has just started growing is in full on mother hen panic mode trying to love them to death.
Once you've grown a few you'll learn it's not that big of a deal do have a little deficiency and you'll learn to prevent them b4 they happen.

I mix garden gypsum into my media b4 potting and add epsom salt to the top of the soil as needed along side of my normal 5ml/gal calmag+. If done right your plants will look good until they turn fall colors b4 harvest.
Yeah 7 large plants feeding several times a day I would not go more than a week. But thats just me. Maybe even more often.

I have the same sentiment and would prefer to not have to use full strength Nutes. Would you recommend I keep lower on Nutes and just supplement cal mag for the deficiency I’m experiencing?

Edit: going to go with aqua man advice and keep nutes higher than before to see if it fixes issues. If not then possibly supplement cal mag? How long will it take for me to know you guys think?

TrimmingSucks

TrimmingSucks

Ph of RO doesn't matter. Sounds like you just need to mix your 800ish ppm add nothing else... absolutely nothing else and let her be

Ok then that’s what I’ll do I will try and remember to update this thread with any new news about their growth. I have 160 plants in 5 - 32 site ebb n flow/nft setups. Just bragging a little hehe. :D

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I have the same sentiment and would prefer to not have to use full strength Nutes. Would you recommend I keep lower on Nutes and just supplement cal mag for the deficiency I’m experiencing?
I use calmag every watering until the final flush but I cut out the grow or N part of my nutes completely in flower. It makes my nugs more dense. You'll get how you like it dialed in b4 you know it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom