Cannabis grown at high altitude produces higher amounts of cannabinoids

• Thread starter Garbage_bear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I had no idea that cannabis grown at high altitudes make you more high. Apparently the light is less filtered at high altitudes. interesting read:

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I had no idea that cannabis grown at high altitudes make you more high. Apparently the light is less filtered at high altitudes. interesting read:

Yeah, that's true about elevation and light intensity. I've known this ever since moving to CO 14 years ago. At 6,000 feet elevation here you will get sunburnt faster than at sea level, cars almost require window tint, and plants get beaten on by the sun.

effexxess

effexxess

Interesting, but not a study of medicinal cannabis, so sort of bogus.

I'm much more interested in THC values rather than any other secondary metabolites.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
big time @Moe.Red ..."You have a second variable there as well... pressure. It effects O2 concentration, respiration, and some other things."

Canna grows everywhere damn near....Not sure I'd say it produces higher amounts...But more a "Intense type of effect" cause those higher altitudes also are more extreme growing conditions...
But each variety should have a home-land type history to it...Cause you would not want to grow a HIndu Kush or Highland Afghan in a Low land sub Tropical zone, nor grow a Haze at high altitude extreme conditions....The Haze would prob herm,..Never have long enough to finish and just perform nothing like a Haze would being most Hazes are Thai dom at heart..
Another aspect is also how far North or South...Cause Alaskan lines were unique and to keep it real PNW - Canadian work was outstanding ala NorthernLights, Kush4, a ton of work done in Oregon and all up the West coast in the 70s-80s...just my 2 pents on the topic tho...power to it
Spicoli

Last edited:
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
So you get higher when you get higher? Am I to understand that correctly? (giggle)
the Blue Dream we grew in Englewood Co 2013 (a mile higher) got me higher "head" wise then the BDream other cats were pullin thru the midwest....Same kinda heady buzz,...just more intense
We also Mangroved(creeped) the plant so it had 3 rootzones.....The main stalk was split..the tops were rooted...so it had 3 root zones..
She was about 10ft wide and pulled bout 5-6lbs..
Spicoli

BDreamCo 8 19 13
BDream2Co 8 19 13
DSC 6609
DSC 6610
DSC 6611
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Canadian work was outstanding ala NorthernLights, Kush4, a ton of work done in Oregon and all up the West coast in the 70s-80s...

Mmmmmm reading this just made me want to go on a search for some good NL genetics 🤤🤤🤤

R

ritoMox

the Blue Dream we grew in Englewood Co 2013 (a mile higher) got me higher "head" wise then the BDream other cats were pullin thru the midwest....Same kinda heady buzz,...just more intense
We also Mangroved(creeped) the plant so it had 3 rootzones.....The main stalk was split..the tops were rooted...so it had 3 root zones..
Spicoli
Where to find out more on this method?✌️

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

Interesting, but not a study of medicinal cannabis, so sort of bogus.

I'm much more interested in THC values rather than any other secondary metabolites.
UV-B RADIATION EFFECTS ON PHOTOSYNTHESIS, GROWTH and CANNABINOID PRODUCTION OF TWO Cannabis sativa CHEMOTYPES https://www.icmag.com/attachments/u...production-of-two-cannabis-sati-pdf.12602929/

Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I used to think this too until I discovered the high value of terpenes in my anticancer medicine. High THC is desirable for my meds but not the be all, end all. Whatever condition you are dealing with, there are likely one or more terpenes that help with that particular issue. If you want to up the medicinal value of your meds, research the terpenes and find strains that are high in those as well as the THC if that is what you are looking for. Good luck!

R

ritoMox

"I used to think this too until I discovered the high value of terpenes in my anticancer medicine. High THC is desirable for my meds but not the be all, end all. Whatever condition you are dealing with, there are likely one or more terpenes that help with that particular issue. If you want to up the medicinal value of your meds, research the terpenes and find strains that are high in those as well as the THC if that is what you are looking for. Good luck!"

R

ritoMox

Spicoli
Also super stealth👍✌️ Not finding anything on this method.

PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

If you want to up the medicinal value of your meds, research the terpenes and find strains that are high in those as well as the THC if that is what you are looking for. Good luck!
None of the vape pen terpenes [erroneously linked to cannabis strains] do anything. 'Vape-penanene' aromatherapy is 100% nonsense. You can down regulate all the worthless 'dispensary-posteranenes' and still get the strain specific effects. And the weed will smell and taste better without all that crap. Myrcene, pinene, terpinolene, all those bad tasting perfume molecules are literally bad for you, and don't belong in Cannabis in high amounts. They are flaws from retard breeders like Ryan Lee. Weed does not smell taste feel or medicate like vape pens essential oils. Show me a "terp wheel" that actually has Cannabis flavors on it. A basic introduction to organic chemistry does a better job at explaining flavors than the joke ass cannabis industry does:

Screenshot 20220909 211720 Adobe Acrobat

Research ANYTHING BUT CANNABIS if you want to learn about reality. The cannabis scene is co-opted by thieving morons. Trickle down idiocracy. Garlic has medicinal properties. Why are Cannabistards asking if that's myrcene or farnesene. Why would it be either? Because some shitty weed has those in it?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

None of the vape pen terpenes [erroneously linked to cannabis strains] do anything. 'Vape-penanene' aromatherapy is 100% nonsense. You can down regulate all the worthless 'dispensary-posteranenes' and still get the strain specific effects. And the weed will smell and taste better without all that crap. Myrcene, pinene, terpinolene, all those bad tasting perfume molecules are literally bad for you, and don't belong in Cannabis in high amounts. They are flaws from retard breeders like Ryan Lee. Weed does not smell taste feel or medicate like vape pens essential oils. Show me a "terp wheel" that actually has Cannabis flavors on it. A basic introduction to organic chemistry does a better job at explaining flavors than the joke ass cannabis industry does:
I'm not going to respond other than to say you have no idea what you are talking about. Terpenes are naturally occurring compounds found in all plants, yes even Cannabis. And yes, they also have different medicinal properties.

Edit- I looked around and see that you have been trolling the site Potsie. I'm sure you won't be back here, maybe you would be more at home over at RIU?

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 1280213
Research ANYTHING BUT CANNABIS if you want to learn about reality. The cannabis scene is co-opted by thieving morons. Trickle down idiocracy. Garlic has medicinal properties. Why are Cannabistards asking if that's myrcene or farnesene. Why would it be either? Because some shitty weed has those in it?
Dude I’ve bout had it with the misinformation your passing out either calm the fuck down a burn one of ur out!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Threads makes me want to grow here at home at less than 20.’ Above sea level then another clone at sons at closer 5000 feet above and what the real deal is I’m sure there’s some truth I just don’t like it! Lmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom