Cannabis high not for me?

• Thread starter Kirkb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kirkb

Kirkb

Hello all. I’ve recently harvested two indica plants. Trichomes were milky and buds are in mason jars. Now....it’s been approx 20 years since smoking (I’ve smoked here and there but no major hits). My last big hit was in high school where my high was extremely anxious where I stepped out of my body while sitting in class but looked down and saw myself sitting there. Fast forward 20 some years I gained an interest in growing and wanted to start experimenting with relaxing highs. So currently I’ve smoked my own grow but had that awful flashback of slipping away, no control, hands and feet become numb and I’m stepping outside of myself again. I had to keep walking up and down my driveway shaking my hands to avoid “slipping”. I smoked a few more times afterwards pacing myself and the slipping feeling went away a bit but I got more of a tired feeling where all I wanted to do was sleep. Problem there was my heart was racing and I became extremely nervous and anxious although tired.

So here’s my questions...

1–Can my highs start relaxing some if I continue to pace myself, become more adapt to it?
2–Is it possible my highs were uncomfortable due to smoking an early harvest? (Buds were in jars for about 5-7 days only)
3– Should I try the edible route? I’m reading it’s actually a more potent high and can overconsume easier with high lasting much longer than smoking. I don’t favor this way though.
4– Is it possible these bad highs are due from stress before smoking? Meaning should I be in a better mindset beforehand?

Help me out. I’m just looking for a relaxing , happy, high without wanting to sleep while my heart beats out of my chest or feeling myself slip away into that place.

Maybe I’m just not built to consume cannabis, I don’t know. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

What strains u growin ? Breeder? Sounds like ya def need a indica ! Not a hybrid leaner , some real indica

TomH

TomH

For me, if I take in a sativa and want to veg, I'll have a bad time, I need to keep busy.
I know a lot of people don't subscribe to the differences in strains, and maybe they are correct for the majority, but that's what I get from it.
Indica, on the otherhand, will give me a mellow buzz regardless (as long as I smoke it rather than eat), but again, everyone's experience may very.

Madmax

Madmax

Probably just not used to it mate.when i started up after a long break i was crack8ng whiteys lol like every 5 mins till it passed.i usually take my plants near as long as i can and have around 20% amber trics that takes the edge or racyness off it and makes the sm9ke more enjoyable.

When its all milky its at its most potent..

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

There's a couple things I'd suggest;

- Try micro dosing. If you normally smoke a bowl, just take one or two small puffs. If you normally take only one or two puffs, take one tiny one.

- Different strains or drying/curing better/longer. How long did you dry before curing? When curing, were you burping your jars twice a day for 5 minutes?

Ponky

Ponky

You could just smoke all day every day until you can handle it. Or you could just use a one hitter. But probably don't smoke big fat joints when all you need is Anita Bonghit to chill with. Or. Enjoy getting super high. And be about it. Get a lava lamp. A Pink Floyd album and maybe some shrooms. Let your mind be blown. But in all seriousness get a nice little Bing that holds ice cubes. 1 toke at a time.

indogrow420

indogrow420

I smoke alot , probably too much but when I used to smoke garbage weed I would feel the same way. I also noticed buds harvested way too early made me feel that way.

Paranoia would seep in and I constantly had to move my legs or something, and take big breaths, like you described because I felt like I was fading away and getting panic attacks. maybe having high blood pressure and smoking does something but might be low tolerence related...
Every since I smoke good stuff I dont get any of those bad effects.

Last edited:
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hello all. I’ve recently harvested two indica plants. Trichomes were milky and buds are in mason jars. Now....it’s been approx 20 years since smoking (I’ve smoked here and there but no major hits). My last big hit was in high school where my high was extremely anxious where I stepped out of my body while sitting in class but looked down and saw myself sitting there. Fast forward 20 some years I gained an interest in growing and wanted to start experimenting with relaxing highs. So currently I’ve smoked my own grow but had that awful flashback of slipping away, no control, hands and feet become numb and I’m stepping outside of myself again. I had to keep walking up and down my driveway shaking my hands to avoid “slipping”. I smoked a few more times afterwards pacing myself and the slipping feeling went away a bit but I got more of a tired feeling where all I wanted to do was sleep. Problem there was my heart was racing and I became extremely nervous and anxious although tired.

So here’s my questions...

1–Can my highs start relaxing some if I continue to pace myself, become more adapt to it?
2–Is it possible my highs were uncomfortable due to smoking an early harvest? (Buds were in jars for about 5-7 days only)
3– Should I try the edible route? I’m reading it’s actually a more potent high and can overconsume easier with high lasting much longer than smoking. I don’t favor this way though.
4– Is it possible these bad highs are due from stress before smoking? Meaning should I be in a better mindset beforehand?

Help me out. I’m just looking for a relaxing , happy, high without wanting to sleep while my heart beats out of my chest or feeling myself slip away into that place.

Maybe I’m just not built to consume cannabis, I don’t know. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe you need to try different strains and see if it's appealing,I know some strains screw with my blood pressure and make me feel awful or feel constrictive.I only smoke ones that I find enjoyable and happy.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This is entirely possible. But there are some things you can do to help, it just depends on how much effort you want to put into this and what you are trying to accomplish.

Addition of 2 - 3% CBD in an otherwise high THC plant will completely change the effects. Essentially, CBD and THC act on the same CB1 receptors, and if a CBD molecule is docked, there is no way to get the THC molecule in there to have an effect. This is an oversimplification, we can get into details if you want. CBD is available everywhere now cheap thanks to hemp growers. You can sprinkle a little on the bud you are smoking or ingest it orally before you get to the flower you are consuming.

CBN is a cannabinoid that has been well studied and clearly acts on the nervous system to quiet things down. Most people think of it as a sleep med. The easiest way to get that is to consume old weed (6+ months curing) which has developed a % of CBN as the THC degrades over time.

Myrcene is a highly prevalent terpenoid in lots of cannabis strains that has an effect similar to CBN, although not quite as powerful. Pick a strain high in Myrcene. You can also try eating a mango 20 minutes before smoking if you can't find a strain that includes it.

Temp you are burning at has an effect too. If you are using a torch that looks like a jet engine, this will tend to make you a bit more racy in the brain depending on the content of the weed. Cannabinoids and terps have varying boiling points and some are better suited to not degrading under high heat for a short time. Try a standard butane lighter, or pre-heat the outside of the bowl with the torch to release the more fragile components into your lungs before you blast them away lighting the bowl with the torch.

Edibles are hit and miss. Some people cannot get high eating cannabis due to a genetic difference that effects protein synthesis in the liver. Others are hyper sensitive to edibles. If you want to go that route, I can help you with the personal testing and ramp up to effective dose. But honestly most edibles on the market are THC THC THC and are not a full spectrum, so making your own is a huge benefit to quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom