Cannabis Is Not A Vegetable (please Stop Growing It As Such)

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

This is more for new growers than for old growers. If I've found out anything, through educating people about cannabis, old growers already 'know' everything and the reality of life seems to just slide past them. lol

Vegetables grow awesomely in organic soils, even when the soil is excessively amended. Vegetables only have the passive ionic uptake path for nutrient absorption, meaning they uptake nutrients only when needed.

Cannabis is a flower which also enjoys additional pathways of absorption, alongside the passive ionic uptake. These additional pathways are responsible for the dark green plants you see in many over amended organic soils. The dark green is an example of excess nitrogen, many excesses do not show so easily through color. The damage to quality from other elements does not show as readily, though the quality drop is definitely noted in the end product.

Interested in the additional pathways of absorption cannabis plants use? Look up hyper accumulator and dynamic accumulator plants. You'll thank yourself. ;)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Vegetable is a culinary term which generally refers to an edible part of a plant. The definition is traditional rather than scientific and is somewhat arbitrary and subjective. All parts of herbaceous plants eaten as food by humans, whole or in part, are normally considered vegetables.

So marijuana is a vegetable if you eat it, as some people do.

~Google~

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

*facepalm*
You can eat rose hips, that doesn't make them a vegetable. Flowers make seeds, this does not make it a fruit. Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator. Learn it or grow lower quality cannabis. Your choice.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
It it has seeds though it's a fruit... just saying lol

Mine don't have seeds :P

Seedless watermelons and grapes and other variety's of FRUIT exists, so that argument is pretty flimsy ;)

*facepalm*
You can eat rose hips, that doesn't make them a vegetable. Flowers make seeds, this does not make it a fruit. Cannabis is a hyper/dynamic accumulator. Learn it or grow lower quality cannabis. Your choice.

Rose hips are FRUITs....

Flowers make Fruits and Seeds...

Cannabis Sativa is an annual herbaceous plant.

"
Herbaceous plants (in botanical use frequently simply herbs) are plants that have no persistent woody stem above ground. Herbaceous plants may be annuals, biennials or perennials. Annual herbaceous plants die completely at the end of the growing season or when they have flowered and fruited, and they then grow again from seed. "

" accumulator plant. (botany). A plant or tree that grows in a metal-bearing soil and accumulates an abnormal content of the metal."

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Mine don't have seeds :p

Seedless watermelons and grapes and other variety's of FRUIT exists, so that argument is pretty flimsy ;)
They're man made, non-natural. We're talking about nature here.

Rose hips are FRUITs....
Yup, I stand corrected. Always thought it was just the inner bud of the flower.

Flowers make Fruits and Seeds...
Cannabis only makes flowers and seeds.
Cannabis Sativa is an annual herbaceous plant.

"
Herbaceous plants (in botanical use frequently simply herbs) are plants that have no persistent woody stem above ground. Herbaceous plants may be annuals, biennials or perennials. Annual herbaceous plants die completely at the end of the growing season or when they have flowered and fruited, and they then grow again from seed. "
An annual herbaceous plant which produces no fruit. Yes.
" accumulator plant. (botany). A plant or tree that grows in a metal-bearing soil and accumulates an abnormal content of the metal."
Is this definition from an elementary school science book?

Even the google def's are more specific.
"Dynamic accumulators are plants that gather certain micronutrients, macronutrients, or minerals and store them in their leaves. These plants can be used either for detoxifying soil or for gathering a certain nutrient or mineral from an area."
A hyperaccumulator is a plant capable of growing in soils with very high concentrations of metals, absorbing these metals through their roots, and concentrating extremely high levels of metals in their tissues.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I never said Cannabis was a fruit, You were saying its not a Vegetable, and i'm arguing if you eat it, It is infact a Veggie...

Or an herb if your only using it as a garnish.. But thats still a vegetable.

Its not a fruit no, But calling it an accumulator plant, does not change the fact that its still just an herbaceous plant, W/ Veggietables dangling off the limbs ;)

You should just tell people to stop over ferts...Its less argumentative ;)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
They're man made, non-natural. We're talking about nature here.

You mean there breed to be seedless?

Sure theres GMO seedless, But theres also Organic Seedless Fruits..

" Careful breeding of plants to yield desired results, such as small seeds or bigger fruits, has been done since the dawn of agriculture. Seedless oranges and seedless grapes, for example, are the result of cultivating naturally occurring seedless plants. The navel orange is descended from a seedless orange tree found on a plantation in Brazil in the nineteenth century. This tree was a mutation, that is, something in its genetic material had spontaneously changed, resulting in this unique plant. Orange growers propagated new trees from the original navel, so that all the navel oranges available in markets today are descended from that Brazilian tree. This is how plant breeding works. "

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

*slowclap* Congrats and I'll pass on your cannabis. Thanks. ;)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas buddy!!!!

Meh just another day around here, Had a kick ass Bavarian ham from Gordons tho! None of that honey brown sugar for me it was just smoked and salted and mmm fucking good :D

You?

jaybodankly

jaybodankly

Broccoli is a vegetable. Actually it is an un-flowered flower. Seedy broccoli is as bad as seedy pot.
Corn is a vegetable. Where do you think those corn kennels are? They are seeds from flower pollination.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

I'm still helping a few folks here. Playing with you kids just got old quick. lol I'll stay out of the kiddie pool from now on. Keep it to yourself. :D

scoop

scoop

Shhhhhhhhhh......the young uns are telling the olders how to smoke and grow weed.

It's something new. Please be respectful of their newfound past time and listen intently.

You stupid old fucks were never high before.....you just thought you were. ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom