Cannabis Is Not A Vegetable (please Stop Growing It As Such)

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Shhhhhhhhhh......the young uns are telling the olders how to smoke and grow weed.

It's something new. Please be respectful of their newfound past time and listen intently.

You stupid old fucks were never high before.....you just thought you were. ;-)

I believe the only one telling people how to grow weed is the OP. oh shit is it a REAL bonifide weed

Homesteader

Homesteader

"Dynamic accumulators are plants that gather certain micronutrients, macronutrients, or minerals and store them in their leaves.

Correct me if I am wrong but all plants store nutrients in their leaves except leafless orchids. Sometimes permaculture is more of a self identifying principal rather than science.

straincreation

straincreation

Vegetable is a culinary term which generally refers to an edible part of a plant. The definition is traditional rather than scientific and is somewhat arbitrary and subjective. All parts of herbaceous plants eaten as food by humans, whole or in part, are normally considered vegetables.

So marijuana is a vegetable if you eat it, as some people do.

~Google~
GOTTUM!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Cannabis is a vegetable. Vegetables are typically defined as a “herbaceous plant grown for an edible part, usually eaten as part of a meal.” This typically refers to the leaf, stem, flower, or root of a plant. In 1967, the meaning of vegetables changed to, “any plant cultivated for food, edible herb or root.” Some vegetables may be eaten raw, while others must be cooked in order to be edible. When certain fruits and vegetables are heated, they lose a majority of their beneficial enzymes and nutrients. Cannabis is no different.

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
Cannabis is a vegetable. Vegetables are typically defined as a “herbaceous plant grown for an edible part, usually eaten as part of a meal.” This typically refers to the leaf, stem, flower, or root of a plant. In 1967, the meaning of vegetables changed to, “any plant cultivated for food, edible herb or root.” Some vegetables may be eaten raw, while others must be cooked in order to be edible. When certain fruits and vegetables are heated, they lose a majority of their beneficial enzymes and nutrients. Cannabis is no different.

Must be true considering the source
https://www.medicaljane.com/question/is-weed-a-vegetable-or-fruit/

It's not a vegetable unless people cultivate it specifically to eat it. Sap from leaves, boiled roots (tastes like carrots) for example. Extracting THC to use that as an ingredient to create edibles does not make it a vegetable.

The plant is an angiosperm (flowering plants) that produces fruits (specifically achenes) in the botanical sense of the word. How one consumes it or uses it or cultivates it is irrelevant in that context. The product as we grow it (sinsemilla) is not fruit in the general nor the botanic sense of the word fruit. Unless fertlized it's inflorescence, florets.

It's not a vegetable, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't grow it as such in some aspects. Not all vegetable are cultivated the same either so it makes no sense either way. Same with fruits... after all, apples vs oranges...

mandalaman

mandalaman

What if we started a movement, a movement to cultivate cannabis with the primary purpose of eating it? And it worked! Would cannabis morph into a vegetable overnight? :p Will there be a press release?

That being said, I found the rest of your post immensely informative :cool: good stuff

Top Bottom